Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: REX in Spain..running with the bulls.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Some native Alaskan tribes eat blubber and fats(Seal Walrus) and have no heart disease because they are very active as well.. People today are just down right lazy..
    They have to consume those things to survive, we don't. That is the major difference. We choose to pollute our bodies with meats that our bodies don't process correctly, when we can just as easily go to the supermarket and buy plant based foods as have our bodies thrive. You are correct, the problem is laziness. People are too lazy to make changes to their routine. It's much easier to just throw a decaying carcass on a grill, slap spices and sauce on it and call it dinner, than it is to look into some of the great recipes that can be created without animal products.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about you but my body processes meat just fine. lol at your bad digestive system.

BRB, arranging a dogfight lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    This.

A balanced diet with small portions is key.
    Anything over 4 oz. of meat a day is bad for you. I just avoid it all together for optimal health and to not support the exploitation of animals. There is just no need for it. If you take a step back and look at it from a neutral perspective, the whole idea of reproducing animals, take their babies away, steal their milk, holding them in prison-like confinement, growing tons of food and wasting tons of water to make them grow, pollute the environment with their waste, then kill them and eat them, it is just totally bizarre and doesn't make sense at all. It's just so primitive and backwards.

Not to mention all the antibiotics and other drugs that are needed to help them survive and grow in the poor conditions they are kept.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only on JI can we go from Rex running with the bulls to a full blown discussion on the virtues of eating or not eating meat, and having a huge laugh along the way. Lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I don't know about you but my body processes meat just fine. lol at your bad digestive system.

BRB, arranging a dogfight lol.
    No it isn't. Most of the leading causes of death in humans are directly related to consuming animal products: meat, milk, cheese and eggs.

How old are you? What is your height, weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels?

Have you had your colon checked for all the impacted animal waste that is stuck in there?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Only on JI can we go from Rex running with the bulls to a full blown discussion on the virtues of eating or not eating meat, and having a huge laugh along the way. Lol
    I'm not laughing. It's pretty sad how uninformed and clueless most people are. Ignorance is bliss.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I'm not laughing. It's pretty sad how uninformed and clueless most people are. Ignorance is bliss.
    Lighten up Francis !!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had a full physical done, but I'm 20 and 5'10. Don't know my weight, cholesterol or blood pressure. I doubt any of them are good since I haven't worked out in ages and don't eat a very balanced diet. That's kinda the thing, though: eating a BALANCED diet. Veggies, meat, fiber foods, plenty of water. Do that and you're fine.

Meat isn't gonna kill you unless it has a pulse. That's why I eat steak medium rare.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, plants are living beings, you murderer!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We geeeeeet it. You're a better person than we are. Your diet is much better, you're against the inhumane treatment of animals for food, you don't have sex with chickens. Fiiiiiiiiine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything over 4 oz. of meat a day is bad for you.
    Link?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the leading causes of death in humans are directly related to consuming animal products: meat, milk, cheese and eggs.
    Link?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How old are you? What is your height, weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglyceride levels?
    Interestingly, I just turned 40 with normal range BP, cholesterol, and triglycerides on a "paleo"-esque diet, including lean meat and eggs, fruits and veggies.

When I ate a heavier grain/bread laden diet, my numbers were higher. Go figure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    We geeeeeet it. You're a better person than we are. Your diet is much better, you're against the inhumane treatment of animals for food, you don't have sex with chickens. Fiiiiiiiiine.
    To each their own, vegan or not, but man, those chickens are TIGHT!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this every time I look at my best friends fat, overweight, sickly vegan wife.

She gives us all the same nonsense about how much better a vegan lifestyle is for you to try and make sense out of her over the top feelings towards the animals that we eat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You drive a Prius, don't you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Don't cry over bugs but I don't go out of my way to kill them. How the F is that relevant? You are comparing a small bug being killed by accident to a warm blooded animal being killed for fun?

I used to love the ridiculous tu quoque games you neanderthals like to play, but it's gotten old and overplayed. If you don't see the difference between a bug dieing, or a plant for that matter, I don't know what to tell you other than there is a flip-side you your silly game of absurdity: if you are willing to kill and abuse certain mammals to pollute your body with unhealthy food, why not kill and eat dogs... or other humans for that matter?

I loved to play football and now I love to watch it. As long as the players are on the field by their own free will, I had no problem knocking them into next week, and I certainly have no problem watching a bunch of guys get paid to do it. I'll never watch horse racing, dog fighting, polo or any other sport that uses other beings against their will. I certainly won't support the ag industries that profit through exploitation, suffering and abuse of other sentient beings, and feed the public lies about how we need to consume these products to be healthy. LOL
    So bugs are less important than cows? Shouldn't you stay home to keep the bugs safe?

I don't intentionally make any animal suffer. But, I also understand that humans are part of the food chain.

If you don't want to eat meat, do your thing. It's a free country. But, don't pretend that you are better than others.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vegans definitely know better than those who eat meat.

http://naturalhygienesociety.org/diet-veganbaby.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Vegans definitely know better than those who eat meat.

http://naturalhygienesociety.org/diet-veganbaby.html
    BUT....BUT.... veganism provides everything you need to live!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Interestingly, I just turned 40 with normal range BP, cholesterol, and triglycerides on a "paleo"-esque diet, including lean meat and eggs, fruits and veggies.

When I ate a heavier grain/bread laden diet, my numbers were higher. Go figure.
    +1

Carbohydrates are actually the most significant factor and biggest culprit in today's health and obesity epidemic.