Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign our draft pick

All Pro

Sign our draft pick

Dee milliner
    Geno Smith
    and Richardson kid, are they still unsigned? I know it's only 2 weeks to training camp so whats with ID getting their deals done in time for camp? come on ID lets get this thing complete, you're making me anxious/nervous.

All Pro
    I wouldn't be too concerned ... 20 first rounders, incluidng 9 of the top 16, are still unsigned. It's not like we're lagging behind or anything.

There's a thing called the rookie wage scale. They'll be signed, lol. Also, most early rounders remain unsigned currently.

Hall Of Fame
    Only one explanation for this. Idzik is a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Only one explanation for this. Idzik is a racist.
    I didn't realize you were a comedian. Keep your day job. Wakka wakka wakka

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Do clowns count as comedians?

All League
    Since there is a rookie scale / cap I wonder if these GM's wait until the
    last minute so the players don't have big $$$ in their pocket and get
    into trouble before camp

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Stupid threads get stupid responses.

As everyone has pointed out there is a rookie wage scale. The only squabbling could be over offsets in their contracts. And that is probably only with Dee and Sheldon b.c of their draft position. Things will get ironed out. There will be no hold outs b.c there is a specific date that players must report by in order to get credit for the year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Since there is a rookie scale / cap I wonder if these GM's wait until the
    last minute so the players don't have big $$$ in their pocket and get
    into trouble before camp
    I'm sure there's an element of truth to this.

Veteran
    Stupid threads get stupid responses.

As everyone has pointed out there is a rookie wage scale. The only squabbling could be over offsets in their contracts. And that is probably only with Dee and Sheldon b.c of their draft position. Things will get ironed out. There will be no hold outs b.c there is a specific date that players must report by in order to get credit for the year.
    Dude, you're not a moderator OR the thought police. Stop pretending to be both, it's ****ing annoying.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Dude, you're not a moderator OR the thought police. Stop pretending to be both, it's ****ing annoying.
    Dude, feel free to voice your concerns to the actual moderators. Or put me on ignore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dude, feel free to voice your concerns to the actual moderators. Or put me on ignore.
    DDNY making friends and spreading joy no matter where he goes..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yep, spreading it like a plague.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Just calling it like it is. Me and shevys have had our run-ins in the past.

Quite frankly I don't know what the difference is between my post and the constant "DUMP", "BAN" responses that plague this place. But I guess those are OK b.c they come from your e-friends.

Veteran
    Just calling it like it is. Me and shevys have had our run-ins in the past.

Quite frankly I don't know what the difference is between my post and the constant "DUMP", "BAN" responses that plague this place. But I guess those are OK b.c they come from your e-friends.
    I guess my question for you would be why you thought the OP asked a stupid question in the first place? This is a NY Jets football forum and the question is appropriate. Not everyone knows every single nuance of the business side of the NFL. I don't get why you feel the need to interject on things that don't suit your fancy, as if it's beneath you somehow. Just stay out of it if you don't like the subject. Pretty simple.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    I guess my question for you would be why you thought the OP asked a stupid question in the first place? This is a NY Jets football forum and the question is appropriate. Not everyone knows every single nuance of the business side of the NFL. I don't get why you feel the need to interject on things that don't suit your fancy, as if it's beneath you somehow. Just stay out of it if you don't like the subject. Pretty simple.
    Ray, is that you?

This topic has been discussed numerous times. That is why I said the thread is stupid. I don't expect everyone to know every nuance of the NFL. I sure as hell don't and there are others here that know far more about the business side of the NFL than I can ever hope to.

As for not voicing an opinion if you disagree, if that was the case then nobody would post or threads would barely go beyond a page or two. People are allowed to have opinions. Every single thread has differing opinions. Why am I so special as to be called out for this? BTW, I did actually offer an explanation as to why the contracts might not be signed yet. Usually people that don't like a thread or comment just call the person an SOJF and request a ban. So I think I deserve some slack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ray, is that you?

This topic has been discussed numerous times. That is why I said the thread is stupid. I don't expect everyone to know every nuance of the NFL. I sure as hell don't and there are others here that know far more about the business side of the NFL than I can ever hope to.

As for not voicing an opinion if you disagree, if that was the case then nobody would post or threads would barely go beyond a page or two. People are allowed to have opinions. Every single thread has differing opinions. Why am I so special as to be called out for this? BTW, I did actually offer an explanation as to why the contracts might not be signed yet. Usually people that don't like a thread or comment just call the person an SOJF and request a ban. So I think I deserve some slack.
    shevys is a respected poster here, so is Ray

you, DeeDeeNEPats, not so much

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Ray, is that you?

This topic has been discussed numerous times. That is why I said the thread is stupid.
    I don't really see where it's your place to call any thread or subject stupid.

There is nothing wrong with a poster expressing concern that our draft picks are not signed yet.

Yes there is a rookie wage scale, yes there are a lot of draft picks that are still unsigned - that doesn't mean that the Jets have to sit back and wait for every other team to sign their draft picks before we sign our own.

Does it make it easier on the team when the other draft picks selected earlier and later then our own are signed and you have their contracts to look at as a reference point? Of course it does - but it's not a necessity or a prerequisite to get our own draft picks signed.

If you don't like the thread or the subject then don't post in it, it's not that tough.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 07-11-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    shevys is a respected poster here, so is Ray

you, DeeDeeNEPats, not so much
    Really never understood the DDNY hate. He's a moderate with a pessimistic streak. I tend to lean the other way.

A large majority of posters on the Strip lean to either extreme and brow-beat anyone that doesn't fall in lock-step with how they view the NYJ. Quite frankly, it's tiresome and really has brought down the once intelligent discourse found on JI.

Just my view as something of an outsider looking in...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    He's a moderate with a pessimistic streak.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think the misconception is a result of me being pessimistic about two things that have dominated this forum the past year or so, Sanchez and Rex.

There are plenty of aspects of this team I am optimistic about. But those topics are rarely discussed.

My viewpoints are reflective of a 6-10 record. Under .500, slightly negative. When things get turned around and my faith is restored in the HC/QB situation I will be more positive.