Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another pats player arrested

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    In all fairness, I can't imagine any player on any team giving anything other than "no comment". It's a sticky situation and he really can't say much. To me, this is just a guy doing what the organization told him to do.

I remember some years ago when wwe wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his wife and son and then committed suicide. Vince McMahon, WWE CEO, then made a statement that Benoit would never be spoken of in the WWE again. Subsequently, all Benoit merchandise, DVDs, etc. were all taken down. I believe they even re-released old event dvds with his matches and segments edited out. They erased him from their history books and went about their business. That's what NE seems to be doing, and I can't blame them. They have to think about their brand and image. Having a murderer associated with it is the last thing they want.
    Point taken, but Kraft commented. I don't think anyone would blame him for saying what I posted above. "No reaction" sound cold, like he doesn't care about those who were murdered.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Thanks to blatant cheating by chowds NFL could have WWE reputation of fairness..

But there is a difference between "It is a tradegy, no comment" and "No response, I do not care."
    I saw some of the interview. Never heard him say he didn't care. Seemed like he was nervous about being asked about his friend murdering someone. I personally don't know how I'd react if I still cared about someone despite all the evidence pointing towards them being guilty. The guy is stuck between a rock and a hard place, imo.

I'm all for bashing the Past, but this one part doesn't warrant it. Agree to disagree.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    In all fairness, I can't imagine any player on any team giving anything other than "no comment". It's a sticky situation and he really can't say much. To me, this is just a guy doing what the organization told him to do.
    This. LOL at interpreting his refusal to comment on those issues as an indication that he doesn't give a ****e.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    odd that I hadn't seen any snarky arrogant comments from Vinny/Gronk/Guido/Mitch/Reincarcerated Bob the last couple of days defending his criminals

then I found THIS

Bart can't wait to get off his couch.

Banned

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    odd that I hadn't seen any snarky arrogant comments from Vinny/Gronk/Guido/Mitch/Reincarcerated Bob the last couple of days defending his criminals

then I found THIS

Bart can't wait to get off his couch.

Banned
    Lol, is he? Took the mods long enough, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    what's the over/under on Vinny/Gronk/Guido/Mitch/Bob sneaking back in with his fourth or fifth user ID

my guess is NLT tomorrow at noon

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The rest of the country calls it a "crime ring". In New England, it's called a "huddle".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This. LOL at interpreting his refusal to comment on those issues as an indication that he doesn't give a ****e.
    "no reaction" as a quote sounds like he could care less. Why do public figures always say "I'm deeply saddened" or something similar when a tragedy strikes?

If Braylon had killed somebody drunk driving, you would have thought it was ok for Rex to say, "hey I got nothing to say about that." Really?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    "no reaction" as a quote sounds like he could care less. Why do public figures always say "I'm deeply saddened" or something similar when a tragedy strikes?

If Braylon had killed somebody drunk driving, you would have thought it was ok for Rex to say, "hey I got nothing to say about that." Really?
    He's clearly under a gag order right now to avoid saying something stupid or controversial that the media could run with. He was at a book signing and didn't want to be in an awkward position expounding on such a loaded topic. You might see guys open up more at training camp, who knows.

You're taking his words too literally, as if he literally has no thoughts on the matter. I think it's a safe bet he has a lot of things to say about one of his teammates, one that he worked with closely, being in jail for murder.

At this point some of you are taking every little thing you can find and spinning it in the most sinister way you can possibly think of.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-12-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's clearly under a gag order right now to avoid saying something stupid or controversial that the media could run with. He was at a book signing and didn't want to be in an awkward position expounding on such a loaded topic. You might see guys open up more at training camp, who knows.

You're taking his words too literally, as if he literally has no thoughts on the matter. I think it's a safe bet he has a lot of things to say about one of his teammates, one that he worked with closely, being in jail for murder.

At this point some of you are taking every little thing you can find and spinning it in the most sinister way you can possibly think of.
    Fair enough. I understand he couldn't comment at length. How about, "I hope everyone will understand, I can't comment on that."

What he said sounded awful from a PR standpoint.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Double post - apologies.
    Last edited by TheBlairThomasFumble; 07-12-2013 at 12:42 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Fair enough. I understand he couldn't comment at length. How about, "I hope everyone will understand, I can't comment on that."

What he said sounded awful from a PR standpoint.
    He's not exactly the most articulate guy in the world. You're right, he could have said, "in respect to those involved and the gravity of the situation, I think it's best not to comment on the matter right here and now." But I think the point comes across, especially knowing it's coming from Gronk's cave-man head.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's not exactly the most articulate guy in the world. You're right, he could have said, "in respect to those involved and the gravity of the situation, I think it's best not to comment on the matter right here and now." But I think the point comes across, especially knowing it's coming from Gronk's cave-man head.
    We can agree on that being a much better quote. Have you thought about a career as an image consultant? Gronk could certainly use one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    July 31 probation hearing set, my guess is he gets taken into custody and sentenced to 30 days.