Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Geno attend Jets West?

Should Geno attend Jets West?

While I would love to see him out there as a show of solidarity, support for his teammates, and the ability to just "be one of the guys" for 3 days I can also see how it could be a poor situation for him given Sanchez runs everything and his father is also involved.

My wish would be that he goes and develops some comradery with the offensive players and diffuses some of the media induced tension but for some reason I think he's gonna skip it.

Just curious what you guys think

Was he even invited?

If I'm Geno, I suck up the ego aspect of it and start my Jets career off by doing the right thing. Aside from showing everyone that he is mature and will do anything he can to help the team and make himself better at the same time, he will undoubtedly develop relationships with his teammates on and off the field. How many times have you heard QBs needing more time with their receivers to develop timing? Does he want to be in that position come October when he's getting tapped to come in?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Was he even invited?
    shh... the "Geno is a punk" theories are about to start a'flyin'.

sit back and enjoy.

The better question is should anyone attend? What has this farce EVER done to improve this offense?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    If I'm Geno, I suck up the ego aspect of it and start my Jets career off by doing the right thing. Aside from showing everyone that he is mature and will do anything he can to help the team and make himself better at the same time, he will undoubtedly develop relationships with his teammates on and off the field. How many times have you heard QBs needing more time with their receivers to develop timing? Does he want to be in that position come October when he's getting tapped to come in?
    EXACTLY!

Geno, do you want to take over this team? ... If yes, you show every player, coach, & fan that you will do anything you possibly can to get better ...

... I worry about if his ready to handle the emotional baggage of being THE GUY yet

... Staying home and sulking says to me (No ... He's not ready)

... Sucking it up and getting the most he can out of camp says (YES ... I am THE MAN!)

All League
    I don't have a problem either way and as was stated earlier nothing
    positive has come out of "Jets West" the last two years. If it was
    such a good thing for the offense why was Sanchez so bad last year???
    As long as Smith is in his playbook before camp I don't care. On top
    of that maybe he and Sanchez don't get along and I'm fine with that
    too. When you're competing with someone you shouldn't be "buddy
    buddy" with them

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    The better question is should anyone attend? What has this farce EVER done to improve this offense?
    In principle it's an excellent idea ...

With a new offensive system ... Along with tons of young/new to the team pass catchers this year is also the most needed it has ever been

Jets Insider VIP
    Geno should stay far away from Jets West. That place is poison.

Stay home, workout on your own and easily take the job from crappy sanchez come august.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    I don't have a problem either way and as was stated earlier nothing
    positive has come out of "Jets West" the last two years. If it was
    such a good thing for the offense why was Sanchez so bad last year???
    As long as Smith is in his playbook before camp I don't care. On top
    of that maybe he and Sanchez don't get along and I'm fine with that
    too. When you're competing with someone you shouldn't be "buddy
    buddy" with them
    He doesn't need to be buddy buddy with Mark out there. Show up, get your reps in with YOUR receivers, and improve yourself on the football field. Not going to be a good look if he stays behind while the whole passing unit is practicing together. And if Mark has not invited him, which I would find hard to believe, then it's certainly on Mark to be a leader and show that he's not scared of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post

With a new offensive system ... Along with tons of young/new to the team pass catchers this year is also the most needed it has ever been
    Geno is known for having a bad attitude and a chip on his shoulder.

He also was a bit of a troublemaker over this from the get go. When the reporter asked if he will attend then said I dont know, then he said I was not invited yet. Then the reporter said every member of O is invited. He still would not commit, then Sanchez said to reporter of course he is invited, then Geno said something like if Sanchez personally invites me I most likely will go.

For a guy a few weeks out of college named Eugene who went in the third round to a second rate team he has a lot of attitude.

Hall Of Fame
    "...our youngest QB will be allowed to attend Jets west, but if some unfortunate accident might befall him. Or if he gets shot in the head by a New England Patriots tight end... Or if he gets struck by a bolt of lightning, I'm going to blame some of the people in this room! And that I do not forgive. But, that aside, I assure that I will not be the one to break the peace we have made here today."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

He also was a bit of a troublemaker over this from the get go. When the reporter asked if he will attend then said I dont know, then he said I was not invited yet. Then the reporter said every member of O is invited. He still would not commit, then Sanchez said to reporter of course he is invited, then Geno said something like if Sanchez personally invites me I most likely will go.

For a guy a few weeks out of college named Eugene who went in the third round to a second rate team he has a lot of attitude.
    I actually like that about him. We need a guy with a little attitude. Eff Sanchez and his crap west camp.

Alkotrash is blowing **** way the hell out of proportion.

All League
    People will spin this to match their agenda, if Smith doesn't go this proves
    he's a "diva". I'm not buying it, like I said earlier I don't care either way.
    I could make the case for him not going:

- Jets West hasn't helped our offense the past two years

- Is listening to Sanchez being the OC a great thing?

- Being in his playbook and listening to an older QB coach he works
    with in FLA may be more of a benefit to Smith as he transitions from
    a shotgun college QB to a pro

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Thats up to Geno.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Alkotrash is blowing **** way the hell out of proportion.
    I have to say though that I have not liked the way Smith has handled Jets West from the get go either.

I would like him to have said H*LL YEAH I'm going and I'm gonna kick some *$$ out there !!!

Instead he's looked to me like a spoiled, coddled, little momma's boy

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post

And last year wasn't a new offensive system? And in all reality it's not Sanchez' job to install the system, that's MM. He needs to focus on one job: HIS. I don't remember Vinny or Chad having these camps and they were 100x the QB Sanchez is, and frankly speaking I'd be A LOT more comfortable with Vinny or Chad acting as de facto OCs than this butt-fumbling idiot. Every year it's the same nonsense we hear every offseason just to be followed by our collective pissing and moaning about the O along with the OC being hung in effigy by Thanksgiving.

It becomes tiring and it's ineffectiveness becomes apparent by the end of September when Sanchez settles into his usual horrible self. Every offseason it's Jet's west, Sanchez saying the "right things," we now have an OC we perceive is better (usually because he's simply not the guy he replaced). It's the same thing every offseason with this QB and it's always the same crappy offensive output (starting with the crappy QB) during the season. It's like at this point the only reason he keeps holding these camps is to give off the impression that he cares and is diligently working at his craft. Enough already. Just retire and go into coaching if you want to hold camps and install offenses instead of learning how to read a damn D.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If anyone finds out that Geno has or has not shown up please post.

I know Sanchez & a couple of the other guys have posted some tweets about it ... Haven't heard about Smith yet though

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

That was my dad's name.

You can go f*ck yourself.