Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Geno attend Jets West?

wow, football season needs to get here pronto...people are running out of **** to talk about...

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    I have to say though that I have not liked the way Smith has handled Jets West from the get go either.

I would like him to have said H*LL YEAH I'm going and I'm gonna kick some *$$ out there !!!

Instead he's looked to me like a spoiled, coddled, little momma's boy
    Wow you guys are sure getting a lot out of "no comment." I wish I was as perceptive and insightful as you

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    And last year wasn't a new offensive system? And in all reality it's not Sanchez' job to install the system, that's MM. He needs to focus on one job: HIS. I don't remember Vinny or Chad having these camps and they were 100x the QB Sanchez is, and frankly speaking I'd be A LOT more comfortable with Vinny or Chad acting as de facto OCs than this butt-fumbling idiot. Every year it's the same nonsense we hear every offseason just to be followed by our collective pissing and moaning about the O along with the OC being hung in effigy by Thanksgiving.

It becomes tiring and it's ineffectiveness becomes apparent by the end of September when Sanchez settles into his usual horrible self. Every offseason it's Jet's west, Sanchez saying the "right things," we now have an OC we perceive is better (usually because he's simply not the guy he replaced). It's the same thing every offseason with this QB and it's always the same crappy offensive output (starting with the crappy QB) during the season. It's like at this point the only reason he keeps holding these camps is to give off the impression that he cares and is diligently working at his craft. Enough already. Just retire and go into coaching if you want to hold camps and install offenses instead of learning how to read a damn D.
    Sorry, I respectfully disagree ...

Any time mark & Geno have to get in sync with and their timing down by throwing to their new WR's is a good thing

... Any time hill can work on holding onto the ball is a good thing

... Any extra time Geno gets as a pro system qb is a good thing

... The move from Sparano to a pile of dog poo would have been an improvement ... Your innuendo of going from him to MM as OC is change for changes sake instead of an improvement I believe to be completely wrong

When Vinnie & Chad were QB's the coaches could bust the players butts and work them in camps as hard and as long as they wanted ... There are strict rules now that limit coach involvement to much smaller windows. ... So while it is MM's responsibility ultimately ... It helps to have a QB take charge of getting the players more work when the OC is not allowed to.

Whether the benefit is small, medium, or large is to be determined ... There being some benefit is guaranteed ... JMO

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Wow you guys are sure getting a lot out of "no comment." I wish I was as perceptive and insightful as you
    Women's intuition is beautiful, ain't it? Perhaps they could join VTN in designing dresses for the team (no offense, vtn).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Lol ... Hope I'm wrong about it ... Incidentally, what do you think any of the top 10 QB's in the league would have said answering that question, if they were placed in a similar situation their rookie year?

Lol ... Hope I'm wrong about it ... Incidentally, what do you think any of the top 10 QB's in the league would have said answering that question, if they were placed in a similar situation their rookie year?
    Aaron Rodgers probably would have said the same thing. But then again I don't waste my time worrying about crap like that

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Women's intuition is beautiful, ain't it? Perhaps they could join VTN in designing dresses for the team (no offense, vtn).
    Keep looking in that mirror when talking about wearing dresses and prancing around like a woman ... Bet raiding momma's closet to borrow a pair of her 6 inch stilettos that she isn't using for her night job and a glossy shade of red lipstick are common accessories as well

I said DESIGNING dresses. Never said anything about wearing them. Why are you thinking about that stuff, hmm?

LOL SWAGLESS LAMONT OUTED HIMSELF AS A CROSSDRESSER!

Stay away Geno, let Mark know you mean business, your here for his job, if he goes he admits defeat and shows Sanchez he is below him.

If I'm Geno I use Sanchez's false confidant comments as inspiration, turn up to a team organised camp and beat his ass all over the field.

Geno does not need to show he is "all for the team" at a none team organised event, work hard and come prepared at camp to beat nacho out.

All League
    While it would be good for Geno to attend, it would be bad for Mark. This is Mark's event, organized by Mark and for Mark. Mark needs every rep he can get with the WR's, since IMO it's a forgone conclusion that Mark will win the job.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So far this is the most recent info I've been able to find

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/n...in-attendance/

Metro New York has learned, as of Wednesday night, Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith was not in attendance at the camp and his teammates were uncertain if the second-round pick would be coming. Smith was extended an offer by Sanchez to attend the camp but as of the close of minicamp he was uncertain if he would attend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Weak if he doesn't go

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Geno should stay far away from Jets West. That place is poison.

Stay home, workout on your own and easily take the job from crappy sanchez come august.
    +1.. He needs to stay home and do his own thing. Stay away from Mark and battle it out at camp

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

looking like Geno didn't show:

Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)
    7/11/13, 1:50 PM
    From Twitter/Instagram, appears SHill, Ivory, JWhite, Gates, Hazelton among those so far at Sanchez's #JetsWest. Geno Smith, not so much.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

guess this pretty much confirms it:

Bart Hubbuch (@HubbuchNYP)
    7/11/13, 2:05 PM
    Geno Smith reportedly working out in Florida with a group that includes two Pats WRs. If he skips Jets West to continue, optics = awkward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Geno and I think alike. Eff Mark Sanchez and Crap West.

guess this pretty much confirms it:

Bart Hubbuch (@HubbuchNYP)
    7/11/13, 2:05 PM
    Geno Smith reportedly working out in Florida with a group that includes two Pats WRs. If he skips Jets West to continue, optics = awkward.
    Skipping this was not the right move by Geno. Practicing with Pats WRs in place of going no less? Good start in NY.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    Skipping this was not the right move by Geno. Practicing with Pats WRs in place of going no less? Good start in NY.
    I agree ... He just blew an early opportunity, IMO

Lol @ all of you girls blowing your load over this. Oh no, Geno wasn't at Mark's Jets West ****. Bfd, damn.

He's not obliged to attend, he's in direct completion with the host of this event, shows me he wants nothing to do with Sanchez, he wants his job and is not gonna kiss his ass and be best mates like Tebow and Sanchez.

Fair play to him.