Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Geno attend Jets West?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I said before the critics will now use this to drive their "diva" agenda.
    But its obvious he's in his playbook working out and probably working
    with his QB coach in FLA. So now we are going to bash Smith because
    he's not working out in the right place with a QB who has regressed???
    If he was on TMZ or YouTube hanging out, drinking and acting like a
    fool (sounds familiar) I would have a problem, not this
    Last edited by KRL; 07-11-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    He needs the work with the receivers. You guys seem to think he's a blue-chip prospect, he's a 2nd round project, got drafted right where Kellen Clemens did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He needs the work with the receivers.
    Thats why there is mini camps, training camp and preseason.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This tells me Mark is almost definitely the starter and it's his job to lose.

If I'm Geno and think I can out perform Mark, I jump at the chance to show-up Mark at his own camp. Plus have my teammates see it while getting in much needed practice with em. The only way I don't go is if I'm worried about teammates seeing that I'm not ready to compete. By being a no show, at least he can now just use one of the excuses some others have already listed for him.

Btw I'm rooting for the qb that gives us the best chance. I think it's Mark, but if it's Geno, that's cool too.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Nope, only Jest West matters. Didn't you know?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You would rather see him working out with Pats WRs than his own guys? There are plenty of reps out there in camp and preseason this summer, sure. But I want my guy making every single effort possible and then some to work with his own team.

Listen, this isn't a career killer by any means, but I would much rather see my second round QB attending a summer passing camp with his own receivers than working out away from the team with WRs of our biggest, most hated rival.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He needs the work with the receivers. You guys seem to think he's a blue-chip prospect, he's a 2nd round project, got drafted right where Kellen Clemens did.
    And a round ahead of Russell Wilson and Joe Montana and four rounds ahead of Tammy.

Maybe he's not that interested in a "Look at Me" vanity exercise.run by the worst high first round QB pick since J Russell, R Leaf or T Couch.

Regardless, two things are clear...

1) Geno Smith will be the starting QB for game one

2) This will be the last ever version of "Buttfumble's Jest West" crapfest
    Last edited by sg3; 07-11-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen gets it.

Geno is in Florida working out and we're pissed because he's not taking tips from buttfumble at Mark Sanchez' Jest West presented by Mark Sanchez? Lol, ok.
    Last edited by McGinley; 07-11-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Steven gets it.

Geno is in Florida working out and we're pissed because he's not taking tips from buttfumble at Mark Sanchez' Jest West presented by Mark Sanchez? Lol, ok.
    Only the misinformed are pissed.

Let them have their battle in TC. Until then, let them prepare in their own ways.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno is like Clubber Lang from Rocky 3. Old school training. Eye of the tiger.

Jets West is like Rocky's club med training he did. They'll be a little passing but mostly in and out burgers, hitting the clubs at night, women etc.

"Pushin! Getting ready for the fight."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Steven gets it.

Just the fact that Smith has been holed up with the playbook and learning the new offense while Marky has been dancing, baring his ass and making videos for youtube dissemination should be very encouraging for fans of the NEW 2013 NYJ

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Just the fact that Smith has been holed up with the playbook and learning the new offense while Marky has been dancing, baring his ass and making videos for youtube dissemination should be very encouraging for fans of the NEW 2013 NYJ
    I agree. Perhaps Geno should be becoming bffs with JaMarkus and bare his ass for YouTube. BONDING EXPERIENCE!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno made the right call. Work on the play book rather than waste time with Sanchez's train wreck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    who cares?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    This tells me Mark is almost definitely the starter and it's his job to lose.

If I'm Geno and think I can out perform Mark, I jump at the chance to show-up Mark at his own camp. Plus have my teammates see it while getting in much needed practice with em. The only way I don't go is if I'm worried about teammates seeing that I'm not ready to compete. By being a no show, at least he can now just use one of the excuses some others have already listed for him.

Btw I'm rooting for the qb that gives us the best chance. I think it's Mark, but if it's Geno, that's cool too.
    Come on! Does anyone think REX would give a raw QB who has NO experience behind center a real shot at replacing HIS favorite QB? This has been Sanchez' job all along! If they were sincere they'd bring in a QB with some experience after Garrard left! They have not even sniffed at at QB anywhere from we can see. They want Sanchez to be our starter! Lets hope he does well and we win! But if he doesn't and stinks up the place or gets hurt, who do we bring in? Smith? No he is not ready. McElroy who was not given a chance to win any job? no Simms? No. What a fair QB competition!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 07-11-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was our 4 year starter having to work on during mini and OTA's ? Fundamentals!!!!!!! Throw the ball away, look off receivers, go thru your progressions etc, etc.
    What in the Wide Wide World of Sports makes him think he is qualified to even run a passing camp.
    Listen, when this all began years ago, it sounded like great idea. Unfortunately it has in no way translated to improved on field play. Mark still throws high, low, and wide passes continually to his receivers,no matter who they are or how many camps they attend with Mark.
    So if Geno chooses not to attend a camp run by the guy and his family,who's job he is trying to take, why should anyone be surprise.
    Personally I don't care one way or the other. As long as Geno has his nose in the playbook and continues working on his mechanics that MM pointed out to him, it all good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    I don't have a problem either way and as was stated earlier nothing
    positive has come out of "Jets West" the last two years. If it was
    such a good thing for the offense why was Sanchez so bad last year???
    As long as Smith is in his playbook before camp I don't care. On top
    of that maybe he and Sanchez don't get along and I'm fine with that
    too. When you're competing with someone you shouldn't be "buddy
    buddy" with them
    I agree & disagree with you. i agree that Jet West did not show any positives on the field. But i disagree - Geno and Mark are competing but they are still teammates. They need to feed off each other and they need to be on the same page. I don't think that Geno going is going to help or hurt his or Mark's chances as who gets the starting job as QB. But Geno going would make it seem like he gets to know his fellow offense in a working/social area as well.

But to me all that matter is what happens on the field.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Mark still throws high, low, and wide passes continually to his receivers,no matter who they are or how many camps they attend with Mark.
    Not sure how you say this. Last season he was throwing to scrubs. Not receivers he had spent time getting familiar with.

The Sanchez haters gotta stop exaggerating things. Yes his last two years have been bad. Even with no oline 2 years ago and no receivers last year... as a pro, he should limit the damage. He didn't. So that's bad enough. I don't think he (or any other qb) could've done well either year, but it didn't have to be THAT bad.

With that said, some haters make arguments suggesting Mark was given the tools/weapons to succeed.

He was not. Plain and simple. Anyone arguing otherwise is nuts. Those receivers last year were an embarrassment. The O coordinator was a joke.

If you're gonna argue against Sanchez, cool, have your opinion. But ya lose credibility when your argument assumes Mark (or any other QB) could have actually played well. Best case would've been limiting the damage a bit more.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We could have prime Rice, Moss, Carter, and Gonzalez out there and Intchez would still over throw them. Weapons don't mean **** when you can't hit them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    his wrs suck. sanchez sucks. jets camp west sucks. glad gino isn't there. make it geno's camp, not mark's.