Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Geno attend Jets West?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO this is a mountain out of a molehill.

The fact that Butt invited the media FOR THE FIRST TIME this year proves to me that Jets Worst is more about Sanchez vanity and PR than about football..

"Look at me, Rich, Manish, Conor and Brian, Look at me...I'm here and that Smith guy isn't!!"

Meanwhile, while Sanchez is doing his pressers, Smith is practicing what Lee and Mornhinweg told him to practice and quietly learning their playbook, offense and technique AND preparing for his job as the 2013 starting QB of the NYJ.

Smith is the Jets future this year and thereafter. The other guy is the turnover filled past and not even on the roster in 2014

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez won't even be here in 2014 so who cares!
    Jets west is a joke, as no looks up to him, this isn't like Brady, Manning or Rogers doing this, guys that can actually "teach" because they know the game & how to set people up & read defenses.
    This is Sanchez 5th year & Rex and MM or having to revert back to basis fundamentals like " protect the damn ball"!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets West...Virginia....

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    IMO this is a mountain out of a molehill.

The fact that Butt invited the media FOR THE FIRST TIME this year proves to me that Jets Worst is more about Sanchez vanity and PR than about football..

"Look at me, Rich, Manish, Conor and Brian, Look at me...I'm here and that Smith guy isn't!!"

Meanwhile, while Sanchez is doing his pressers, Smith is practicing what Lee and Mornhinweg told him to practice and quietly learning their playbook, offense and technique AND preparing for his job as the 2013 starting QB of the NYJ.

Smith is the Jets future this year and thereafter. The other guy is the turnover filled past and not even on the roster in 2014
    Jets West has never been anything more than a Sanchez publicity stunt. It's three days of basic workouts with most of the time dedicated to Sanchez pampering his teammates with fancy dinners, lavish hotel rooms and clubbing at night.

It makes Sanchez look good to the media and the fans and is a sad attempt to get his teammates on his side by giving them nice things for a few days.

Nevertheless, his teammates will turn on him once he starts throwing INTs to defensive linemen in 7 on 7 drills.

Meanwhile, Geno, not one that seems to be too far removed from the media rumblings, doesn't tweet much, but has started tweeting recently:

Eugene Geno Smith ‏@GenoSmith7 7h
    Up thinking.... Been working hard and studying!! The more things change, the more they stay the same
    Details
    Eugene Geno Smith ‏@GenoSmith7 7h
    “@Karca_F_Baby: “@_YungSkooly4: Finna Do work at this Passing League 2mara” @GenoSmith7 Style....” Do it !
    Details

FYI - yes I know, defensive linemen don't participate in 7 on 7s....but that was kind of my point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think Geno should have attended Jest West

Geno is here to compete as the starting QB of the New York Jets

not to sing Kumbaya and drink wine in Cali

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    The better question is should anyone attend? What has this farce EVER done to improve this offense?
    Clap, clap, clap, etc...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Geno is known for having a bad attitude and a chip on his shoulder.

He also was a bit of a troublemaker over this from the get go. When the reporter asked if he will attend then said I dont know, then he said I was not invited yet. Then the reporter said every member of O is invited. He still would not commit, then Sanchez said to reporter of course he is invited, then Geno said something like if Sanchez personally invites me I most likely will go.

For a guy a few weeks out of college named Eugene who went in the third round to a second rate team he has a lot of attitude.
    He was drafted in the second round you dolt. And the jets aren't a second rate team, sojf.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually hope not. The last thing we need Geno doing is hanging out at USC IMO. It isnt a training camp it is basically a buys night out. Out top 3 WR likely will not be there (or at least I would think not) so why should he. He can get more done in Florida with the coaching staff.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the more pressing Question is ...

"Should the worst QB in the league be holding any sort of camp"?

That is a akin to man with a middle ear problem teaching people how to high wire !

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ?...
    There is a good possibility that Smith will end up a career backup. Remember K Clemens ?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember Russell Wilson, Joe Montana, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Johnny Unitas

oh, you're right.... only high first round picks have a chance.... Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf....

sorry dunnie, your good possibility is a bad prediction

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    There is a good possibility that Smith will end up a career backup. Remember K Clemens ?
    Better than your hero Failbow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember Russell Wilson, Joe Montana, Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Johnny Unitas

oh, you're right.... only high first round picks have a chance.... Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf....

sorry dunnie, your good possibility is a bad prediction
    Dude, Duncie is a tebowite. **** what he thinks.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bottom line is that Mark is not a leader but a quitter with questionable character. Geno made the right call by staying the hell away from this sideshow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    duncie... me like

much superior to my Tebow-like failed attempt -- Dummie

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez. The hatred for Mark Sanchez here is beyond belief. I hope he proves every one of you wrong. Wouldn't it be cool if he has a great year while you idiots are waiting for GenoJet to start his first game?

I personally will enjoy the season regardless of who starts. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what GenoJet can do, but I'll be rooting for 6 to have a great year too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    me too

rooting for Mark to have a HOF season...

also rooting for the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Listen, a more solid QB would have made many of the plays that simply slipped passed Mark. Yes, the talent level around Mark had dropped in the last two years. Yet, I could show you so many play where Mark missed wide open receivers.
    I will give you just one example, and it is a snapshot of Mark's play over the last 4 years.
    Do you remember the catch that JCo made over the middle, in which he had to stretch out so much to make the catch,he was nearly killed by the defender. Keep in mind JCo had to make that play with a bum hammy and he was wide open and if not for the contortion of the receiver the play never would have been made. This one play is a microcosm many of Mark's play over the years.
    I am not a hater, but almost fifty years of watching this game and team and all the QB's from Joe Wille to Mark, I think I know when it time to move on.
    That play is a horrible example. Sanchez was getting chased all around the back field and he made a heads up play. I'd take that Sanchez over the one shown the last two years.

I think its ridiculous that people are condemning Mark for holding his Jets West camp. If it provides little to no football value it is at least a very good team building exercise. I think Geno should have attended because as someone else said they are still teammates, and any opportunity for Geno to get to know and be around his WR is a good thing.

Its not a big deal either way, but the outlash from many posters who are so blinded by anything Sanchez is rediculous

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Jeez. The hatred for Mark Sanchez here is beyond belief. I hope he proves every one of you wrong. Wouldn't it be cool if he has a great year while you idiots are waiting for GenoJet to start his first game?

I personally will enjoy the season regardless of who starts. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what GenoJet can do, but I'll be rooting for 6 to have a great year too.

It's pathetic and beyond ignorant!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    me too

rooting for Mark to have a HOF season...

also rooting for the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy
    Exactly. It's not that we DON'T want Mark to succeed. It's that we've seen nothing from him that would lead us to believe that he ever will. In other words, we've had the same thing for dinner for 4 straight years and it's tasted awful. What else is on the menu?