Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Geno attend Jets West?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    any way to start a poll on this subject?

A) Smith should attend Jets West

B) Smith shouldn't attend Jets West

C) All skill position players should attend Jets West

D) No Jet players should attend Jets West

E) Who cares?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    IMO this is a mountain out of a molehill.

Meanwhile, while Sanchez is doing his pressers, Smith is practicing what Lee and Mornhinweg told him to practice and quietly learning their playbook, offense and technique AND preparing for his job as the 2013 starting QB of the NYJ.
    The statement is right on the money, this is just what Geno needs to be doing. While its important to bond with your team mates, first you have make sure you bond with your coaches and do what they tell you to play at this level. When you accomplish that then you put yourself in the position to win games. When you win games you gain the trust and respect of your team mates, which is the best kind of bonding you can do b.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Jeez. The hatred for Mark Sanchez here is beyond belief. I hope he proves every one of you wrong. Wouldn't it be cool if he has a great year while you idiots are waiting for GenoJet to start his first game?

I personally will enjoy the season regardless of who starts. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what GenoJet can do, but I'll be rooting for 6 to have a great year too.

the hatred is well deserved. He has let us down time and time again. Poor work ethic (contrary to what we were told and led to believe early on in his career), doesn't learn from mistakes, zero leadership skills. ZERO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I think the more pressing Question is ...

"Should the worst QB in the league be holding any sort of camp"?
    with the worst wrs/tes in the league too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Dunnie, but the worst QB in the history of all professional football is your boy, Timmy currently desperately trying to learn the placekick holder position well enough to hold the ball for the Patriots field goal kicker...

I wonder if he'll be able to remember those plays?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    That play is a horrible example. Sanchez was getting chased all around the back field and he made a heads up play. I'd take that Sanchez over the one shown the last two years.

I think its ridiculous that people are condemning Mark for holding his Jets West camp. If it provides little to no football value it is at least a very good team building exercise. I think Geno should have attended because as someone else said they are still teammates, and any opportunity for Geno to get to know and be around his WR is a good thing.

Its not a big deal either way, but the outlash from many posters who are so blinded by anything Sanchez is rediculous
    I ALMOST would put up with another full season of Mark under center, if it finally showed you guys the light. You call us haters, I don't hate the kid, but 4 years of play without the expected improvement , hell if anything regression,it's logical to want to move on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    I ALMOST would put up with another full season of Mark under center, if it finally showed you guys the light. You call us haters, I don't hate the kid, but 4 years of play without the expected improvement , hell if anything regression,it's logical to want to move on.
    My post was not in defense of Sanchez. Just pointing out people hate Sanchez so much that something that he does do well, like the team building Jets West is ridiculed and shunned just because Sanchez is involved.

Mark Sanchez is done as a Jet. Last year was proof of that, but his first two years he showed signs of developing into a decent QB who had a knack for playing big in big moments. The last two years he's become a broken down, unconfident mess and we can't expect that to turn around this season.

I also think its funny that everyone loves Geno, or expects big things from him. He's a mid level prospect who's scouting reports are not as good as even Clemmens was. I personally don't think he is going to be any good, and hope he gets to show that this year so we can move on and draft a qb in Round1 this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    the hatred is well deserved. He has let us down time and time again. Poor work ethic (contrary to what we were told and led to believe early on in his career), doesn't learn from mistakes, zero leadership skills. ZERO
    I'm with you dcat I have backed Sanchez all the way till last year but 4 years is enough to know what he is about. He is def not the guy we all were hoping he would be to say the least! Do I hope he does a turnaround and gets much better under the new system? Absolutely! Do I hope Geno outplays him and wins the starting job? That is a tough question to fully answer. It would certainly mean that Sanchez' career as a Jet would be over after this season if not sooner. It would also mean that the Jets will be going with a guy with zero NFL experience which could still work as it did for Sanchez in his rookie season as well as a few rookies last season. That being said I'd have to say it would be nice to see Geno earn the job instead of get the job because sanchez was playing like he usually does. UMMM that would be somewhere between atrocious and pathetic. I don't think he would have benefited much by going out to Marks little camp. I mean has anyone ever benefited from it? Nuff Said!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    if the purpose of all the jets west camps is for sanchez to 'get on the same page as the wrs/tes/rbs', then it has been an epic fail.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    with the worst wrs/tes in the league too.
    You are close to right, the last two years he has not had TOP talent around him I will give all of you guys that.

Yet, take that out of the equation and look at Mark's fundamentals, this is what we, who want change are focused on.
    Consider how MM & Lee have had to go back and teach a four year starter things he should have had down pat by college. Even without anyone teaching him, his four years of starting experience should have self taught him many of theses same lessons.
    Just so you know, we didn't ignore the fact that it's harder to be successful with lesser talent around you. Yet, the point we have been making for two years is, good QB's still have a decent amount of success, with lesser talent, they elevate there games, which helps improves those that are around them.
    Mark has never been able to do that because as much as we all hope and wanted, Mark was never starter material in the first place. Pete Carroll was right on the money when he said Mark was not ready for the NFL, I am sorry we chose to ignore that sage advice from the coach who knew him best at the time.
    Hopefully with Idzik in place as the new GM red flags like the one above will be heeded in the future.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    My post was not in defense of Sanchez. Just pointing out people hate Sanchez so much that something that he does do well, like the team building Jets West is ridiculed and shunned just because Sanchez is involved.

Mark Sanchez is done as a Jet. Last year was proof of that, but his first two years he showed signs of developing into a decent QB who had a knack for playing big in big moments. The last two years he's become a broken down, unconfident mess and we can't expect that to turn around this season.

I also think its funny that everyone loves Geno, or expects big things from him. He's a mid level prospect who's scouting reports are not as good as even Clemmens was. I personally don't think he is going to be any good, and hope he gets to show that this year so we can move on and draft a qb in Round1 this year.
    I just think this year, with all that has transpired, would have been a good year for Mark to skip Jets West. I honestly thought it was a wonderful idea when it first started, but it does not translate or improve the game day play at all. An with the odds that he will not be on the team next year bonding seems a bit silly.
    As far as Geno goes, as it should have been with Mark from day one, Geno will have to earn his job. I certainly don't look at him as more then an excellent PROSPECT, if he earns it great, if not he sits and learns. Which is why I had hope for a solid vet who knew and played in MM system to be signed by the Jets this offseason. I would have been happy if Gerrard stayed healthy and let the three go at it in training camp. Best QB starts ,next best backs up and third QB is traded or sits and learns till he is ready.
    One last thing, there have been many very good QB's who little was expected of, coming out of the draft. There have also been great expectations of many QB's who came out of the draft, who fell flat on there faces.
    Only time and playing experience will tell which one Geno is. If the Jets see any chance Geno could be the latter, then we draft another kid next year. We keep doing that until we get a QB who can play and excel on this level.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's that we've seen nothing from him that would lead us to believe that he ever will.
    McG. Youre a good Jet fan but that's just bull. We haves seen it. We all have.

I hate the fact that the O's suckiness is all on MS. Just him and no one else.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who said that? Mark constantly folding under pressure, running into men's asses, throwing to Dlinemen, waiting too long to get the ball out, NEVER throwing it away, forcing bad throws into double/triple coverage, being inaccurate as all ****, having BAD ball security, **** pocket presence, and never seeing more than half the field is on him.

He was never that good, tbh. He won with a great d, oline, and running game. Whoa, tough to win with that...

Guy haf moments/flashes, but never sustained any success. Since then, he's simply gotten worse. There is absolutely no reason to believe he'll ever recover and become "the guy".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, McElroy and Simms apparently aren't at Jest West either. WHAT DIVAS THEY ARE!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Also, McElroy and Simms apparently aren't at Jest West either. WHAT DIVAS THEY ARE!
    the jets west thing has lost whatever luster and allure it may have had. it's not like andrew luck is running it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just moved to So Cal, anyone know anything about this being open to the public? I want to drop by.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    I just moved to So Cal, anyone know anything about this being open to the public? I want to drop by.
    Not open to the public, open to the media only today

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno missed out on developing his water balloon throwing today. Seriously.

WHAT A DIVA!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sorry Dunnie, but the worst QB in the history of all professional football is your boy, Timmy currently desperately trying to learn the placekick holder position well enough to hold the ball for the Patriots field goal kicker...

I wonder if he'll be able to remember those plays?
    Since when was Tebow 'my boy' ??? Because I wanted him to start of the worst QB in the league??? I am NOT a huge Tebow fan ... I just wanted him to get a shot last year ... Thought he deserved one.

Another question ... If Smith and Sanchez came out the same year , who gets drafted first ???

That is why it's likely Smith will be a career backup ... 32 teams think Geno is second round talent ... I'll take their opinion over yours all day long .... Period ... Finite.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno not attending? great news! I want him as far away from schmucky Sanchez as possible. Let David Lee and the others work with him. Sanchez is incapable of doing anything constructive at the ridiculous, unstructured "Jets West". Nothing more than play time for the children.