Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Should Geno attend Jets West?

Jets Insider VIP
    Once again Dunnie you are all WET

Based on your ridiculous draft guides, Brady, Brees, Montana, Wilson, Unitas and Warner are all NOT first round talents while Leaf, Russell, Couch, Carr, Sanchez and even your boy crappy Tebow ARE first round talents.

Which, frankly doesn't even merit anything more than laughing AT YOU

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Based on your ridiculous draft guides, Brady, Brees, Montana, Wilson, Unitas and Warner are all NOT first round talents while Leaf, Russell, Couch, Carr, Sanchez and even your boy crappy Tebow ARE first round talents.

Hey ... I will be pleasantly surprised if G Smith is in fact T Bradshaw part II ... As you seam to think.

I'm guessing we will be drafting a QB next year too,

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    The better question is should anyone attend? What has this farce EVER done to improve this offense?
    Agreed. Mark and this bullshlt isn't fooling anyone.

Remember thenMarknis working with Chad BS....

The further Geno is from Mark the better.

NOT on point. pointing to failed 1st rounders is weak.

Geno is a 1st round Talent. LATE...talent and I hope he pushes Mark to perform and then takes ver for Mark. I hope Geno becomes McNabb like.

Jets Insider VIP
    I believe we fully agree that Smith is not destined to be a career backup because he wasn't drafted in the first round...which is ALL I posted to refute that worthless idea

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

It's pathetic and beyond ignorant!
    To think that Mark Sanchez will ever be better then a mediocre QB in this league is ignorant. And that's just based on facts. He's been the worst starting QB in the league over the past 2 years combined yet somehow he's going to turn into the franchise QB this year? If he plays at an average level for a starting QB in the NFL this year then that would be a tremendous improvement for him. How people still believe in this guy is beyond me. But then again, I'm not pathetic or ignorant so maybe that's why.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    My post was not in defense of Sanchez. Just pointing out people hate Sanchez so much that something that he does do well, like the team building Jets West is ridiculed and shunned just because Sanchez is involved.

Mark Sanchez is done as a Jet. Last year was proof of that, but his first two years he showed signs of developing into a decent QB who had a knack for playing big in big moments. The last two years he's become a broken down, unconfident mess and we can't expect that to turn around this season.

I also think its funny that everyone loves Geno, or expects big things from him. He's a mid level prospect who's scouting reports are not as good as even Clemmens was. I personally don't think he is going to be any good, and hope he gets to show that this year so we can move on and draft a qb in Round1 this year.
    So a guy (Clemens) who was projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round and was picked a round and a half behind Vince Young and Matt Leinart had a better scouting report and overall NFL outlook then the consensus #1 QB in the 2013 NFL draft? What are you smoking?

Pick 6

Listen any stupid F ck that thinks Geno is wrong about not going is way off base.......Yes if this Pick Six camp wasn't run by Suckchez.....It would be a great opportunity to get some time with the receivers.....
    But if He is going to be the boss...a stud....a Quarterback
    No Way should he ever be in a situation where he is told what to do by Pick Six and his Dad.....NEVER.....Hat's off to our young gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    To think that Mark Sanchez will ever be better then a mediocre QB in this league is ignorant. And that's just based on facts. He's been the worst starting QB in the league over the past 2 years combined yet somehow he's going to turn into the franchise QB this year? If he plays at an average level for a starting QB in the NFL this year then that would be a tremendous improvement for him. How people still believe in this guy is beyond me. But then again, I'm not pathetic or ignorant so maybe that's why.
    The fact that other QB's have had similar starts to their career and did eventually improve, proves you wrong.

Stop your ****ing whining and root for the guy, the Jets have a backup plan, and Smith is it. If Smith takes it from Sanchez, so be it.

The problem is fans are writing him off without rooting him on first. Instead, you clowns are rooting for him to fail!

Jets Insider VIP
    the Jets backup plan is to have Sanchez start for a fifth year and ruin his third season in a row with his crappy QB play

Fortunately the Jets primary plan is to start Geno Smith as their QB in 2013 and cast off the horrible last two seasons and move forward to a successful future

I believe we fully agree that Smith is not destined to be a career backup because he wasn't drafted in the first round...which is ALL I posted to refute that worthless idea
    And my original post still stands ... He is also not DESTINED to be be a sure fire starter for us. So calm your jets a bit , take a load off and let the season unfold as it will ... We will all be rooting for whomever is the starter.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 07-12-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    NOT on point. pointing to failed 1st rounders is weak.

Geno is a 1st round Talent. LATE...talent and I hope he pushes Mark to perform and then takes ver for Mark. I hope Geno becomes McNabb like.
    And Sanchez was NOT a first round talent. Mark is the crappiest NFL starting QB yet a significant fan base still wants him to start.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    And Sanchez was NOT a first round talent. Mark is the crappiest NFL starting QB yet a significant fan base still wants him to start.
    people that for the past few years have complained that Sanchez was coddled should want the Jets to avoid making the same mistake with Geno.

therefore, Geno should have to earn the starting job by winning the QB competition in training camp.

shouldn't be a problem if Geno's any good, since he'll be facing Mark Sanchez. correct?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Apparently Geno is training with a real WR in Miami

http://ocnnreport.com/2013/07/12/gen...ning-in-miami/

Jets Insider VIP
    probably got more work in that video clip than in the three days of press conferences, taking orders from Sanchez and partying in the evening with the boys at Jets Worst

I'm gonna make this real simple, F*** Mark Sanchez and everyone of you M**t***U***** supporting him...........

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Apparently Geno is training with a real WR in Miami

http://ocnnreport.com/2013/07/12/gen...ning-in-miami/

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    probably got more work in that video clip than in the three days of press conferences, taking orders from Sanchez and partying in the evening with the boys at Jets Worst
    Dont forget the nightly Hennessy in snifters, and cuddling up to Marks Pappy for storytime.

All Pro
    First of all Geno has #1 type talent. Way more physically gifted than Sanchez. He played in a weird shotgun style offense. he's not as tall as you'd like. He doesn't have big hands, and he had some anonymous bad pub. He isn't a rah rah charismatic personality, and he's black, but not a scrambler. If he had any one of those things he'd have been a top 5 pick.

Now as far as I know, Sanchez sent him an email. I don't know how it was worded, but he didn't ask him to come in person, and I don't think this Jets west thing is actually any real kind of practice anyway. This was supposed to be a kind of thing that Peyton would do to get timing down with his receivers, but Sanchez is not Peyton. Sanchez does not know the offense, and he should be working on his footwork, and his accuracy. Not schooling the backup receivers. It kind of turned into a big party instead anyway. Geno's better off where he is, than handing balls to Sanchez.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    First of all Geno has #1 type talent. Way more physically gifted than Sanchez. He played in a weird shotgun style offense. he's not as tall as you'd like. He doesn't have big hands, and he had some anonymous bad pub. He isn't a rah rah charismatic personality, and he's black, but not a scrambler. If he had any one of those things he'd have been a top 5 pick.

Now as far as I know, Sanchez sent him an email. I don't know how it was worded, but he didn't ask him to come in person, and I don't think this Jets west thing is actually any real kind of practice anyway. This was supposed to be a kind of thing that Peyton would do to get timing down with his receivers, but Sanchez is not Peyton. Sanchez does not know the offense, and he should be working on his footwork, and his accuracy. Not schooling the backup receivers. It kind of turned into a big party instead anyway. Geno's better off where he is, than handing balls to Sanchez.
    I like your post, but what exactly do you mean by "physically gifted"?
    Sanchez has above average arm strength, and is a far more gifted specimen (physically, muscular) compared to Geno if you ask me.

Thankfully that doesnt mean a lick in this situation, but im just saying.