Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Should Geno attend Jets West?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The fact that other QB's have had similar starts to their career and did eventually improve, proves you wrong.

Stop your ****ing whining and root for the guy, the Jets have a backup plan, and Smith is it. If Smith takes it from Sanchez, so be it.

The problem is fans are writing him off without rooting him on first. Instead, you clowns are rooting for him to fail!
    Nobody is rooting for him to fail. Many are just saying he's been a failure. And they aren't wrong over the last 2 years. If he's our starting QB this year, me and all the others will be rooting him on just as hard as anyone. Show me 1 quote, 1 f ucking quote where someone said they want or are rooting for him to fail. Saying he sucks or wont get better is not rooting for him to fail. It's an opinion and it's not far off at all. Sanchez has earned that kind of criticism from us fans. Now if people are cheering for the other team and hoping he loses and throws picks, well that's rooting for him to fail. And that's not the case right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I like your post, but what exactly do you mean by "physically gifted"?
    Sanchez has above average arm strength, and is a far more gifted specimen (physically, muscular) compared to Geno if you ask me.

Thankfully that doesnt mean a lick in this situation, but im just saying.
    I agree Mark is a good physical specimen but like you said it means squat when the pressure is on, turnover prone Sanchez folds like tent in a tornado

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Nobody is rooting for him to fail. Many are just saying he's been a failure. And they aren't wrong over the last 2 years. If he's our starting QB this year, me and all the others will be rooting him on just as hard as anyone. Show me 1 quote, 1 f ucking quote where someone said they want or are rooting for him to fail. Saying he sucks or wont get better is not rooting for him to fail. It's an opinion and it's not far off at all. Sanchez has earned that kind of criticism from us fans. Now if people are cheering for the other team and hoping he loses and throws picks, well that's rooting for him to fail. And that's not the case right now.
    Are you nave?

It's all over this board. The complaining, the whining, why is Sanchez even wasting his time with Jets west, Jets need to release him now, if Sanchez is named the starter, Idzik should be fired...

Go anywhere on twitter, the *****ing is all over social media, the Sanchez hate runs rampant, and most want no part of even giving the consideration that it is possible Sanchez can bounce back, that the WCO could save him. They root for Smith, they root against Sanchez.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 07-13-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you nave?

It's all over this board. The complaining, the whining, why is Sanchez even wasting his time with Jets west, Jets need to release him now, if Sanchez is named the starter, Idzik should be fired...

Go anywhere on twitter, the *****ing is all over social media, the Sanchez hate runs rampant, and most want no part of even giving the consideration that it is possible Sanchez can bounce back, that the WCO could save him. They root for Smith, they root against Sanchez.
    Ray, rooting for him to be cut, not start or saying he's trash is not rooting for him to lose. I don't want him to be our starter but if he's the opening day QB well I'm on board and I'm ready to go to war with him.

Complaining and whining about Sanchez is not rooting for him to lose.

You're the nave one who can't ever decipher comments the correct way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Ray, rooting for him to be cut, not start or saying he's trash is not rooting for him to lose. I don't want him to be our starter but if he's the opening day QB well I'm on board and I'm ready to go to war with him.

Complaining and whining about Sanchez is not rooting for him to lose.

You're the nave one who can't ever decipher comments the correct way.

Just because somebody thinks he sucks (me) doesnt mean they wont still root for him, and the team as a whole.

Its like pulling teeth man.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that other QB's have had similar starts to their career and did eventually improve, proves you wrong.

Stop your ****ing whining and root for the guy, the Jets have a backup plan, and Smith is it. If Smith takes it from Sanchez, so be it.

The problem is fans are writing him off without rooting him on first. Instead, you clowns are rooting for him to fail!
    Ray
    I certainly am not rooting for Mark to fail, I am expecting him to fail , there is a
    difference. I would love to come on this board and eat large plate of crow served up by you. Yet past experience and lack of development on Mark's part say the odds are against him, turning his career around in NY at this time. Remember if you do not learn from history, you become destine to repeat it.
    I am more then willing to finally have a true competition where Mark has to earn his starters role. If he beats out all comers, then I will support him as the Jets QB. Yet, if he starts and digresses back to what we have seen over and over, I want staff to pull his a$$ and let the next best guy be it Geno or GMac put in.
    I would also hope that those of you who think 4 years has not been enough to see just what this young man is about will finally see the light.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to fail on the bench. Seriously he will never start for this team again. He has already failed. It isnt a matter of people wanting him to fail it is a matter of he is done with this team. The sooner some of you come to terms with that the better. I still think it is unlikely he makes the team much less plays. He just hasnt earned anther shot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    The better question is should anyone attend? What has this farce EVER done to improve this offense?
    Good point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I think the more pressing Question is ...

"Should the worst QB in the league be holding any sort of camp"?

That is a akin to man with a middle ear problem teaching people how to high wire !
    After a couple minutes of jibber jabber even Shaun O'Hara and Donovan McNabb agree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely not.

This is a competition, not a tea party, and having Geno around that LOSER less is a good thing as well. When has soft toss in SoCal or "Jets West" (so lame) ever done anything positive for Sensitive 6? Never. The only thing Jets West has ever done is make up some t-shirt that Sanchez Apologists would love for a splooge rag.

Good move by Geno.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno reacts to Sanchez' attempt to claim the starting QB job at Jest West.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    OMG...while Smith was seriously working out in Florida and studying the playbook...he missed out on the all important critical "water balloon toss" at Buttfumble6's vanity press conferences and fun and games in CA.

I did notice that the girlyman headband is there though

PS....McElroy and Simms also skipped Jets Worst, BTW

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This actually gives me the slightest bit of hope for Geno. Can't blame you Geno, do everything you can to distance yourself from Sanchez, for a loser he's got a huge ego

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you guys amaze me. Two years ago, Jets West was hailed by many of you as "great team building" and "great leadership by mark". Now after 2 bad seasons by Mark suddenly Jets West is now " a joke" and "another egotistical move by Mark". Now Geno is a hero to you for skipping this formerly great but now a joke activity. Maybe I'm in the minority but I think you need to leap at any chance you get to build rapport, build chemistry, and be one of the guys. Sorry, but I think Geno dropped the ball by not going.

Reading this thread I can't help but wonder how long it'll take some of you to turn on your new found hero Geno (just like when you all turned on Sanchez and Pennington, and so on and so on).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Hard to fail on the bench. Seriously he will never start for this team again. He has already failed. It isnt a matter of people wanting him to fail it is a matter of he is done with this team. The sooner some of you come to terms with that the better. I still think it is unlikely he makes the team much less plays. He just hasnt earned anther shot.
    At least somebody else gets it. U cant put him out there week 1 at home. Cause he will screw up and the fans will be vicious towards him. You cant have ur entire stadium booing the starting qb week 1. Idzik is too smart to let this happen.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Geno is known for having a bad attitude and a chip on his shoulder.

He also was a bit of a troublemaker over this from the get go. When the reporter asked if he will attend then said I dont know, then he said I was not invited yet. Then the reporter said every member of O is invited. He still would not commit, then Sanchez said to reporter of course he is invited, then Geno said something like if Sanchez personally invites me I most likely will go.

For a guy a few weeks out of college named Eugene who went in the third round to a second rate team he has a lot of attitude.
    Actually he was a second round pick. Also as a QB I don't want a follower who does the right thing because that is what the media thinks he should be doing, Mark is that guy and he sucks.

Who knows what actually gets done at Jets West? Has anyone on the board actually attended? It may be some passes to put on a show and some autographs or it may be real training. I'm thinking the former rather than the latter. If Geno thinks he is better served doing what he is doing then he should keep doing it. I want a kid with all the tools and a chip on his shoulder looking to prove himself, not some ***** follower who does the pc thing and is waiting for his turn. Maybe Smith doesn't have a high opinion of Sanchez the QB. If that is the case why go to his camp? And for all of Mark and his goofy good guy image maybe he is a douche that smith doesn't want to be around.

The teammates aren't going to give a **** about Smith not attending Jets west if/when Sanchez blows again. Oh, and maybe smith and sanchez agreed it was better off that smith not go because of the circus media environment it would create.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 07-13-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    thankfully this is the last ever Jets West vanity camp and fun party

don't know if the backup quarterback of whatever team he ends up with in 2014 after being waived will be having such a bullcrap exercise

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I like your post, but what exactly do you mean by "physically gifted"?
    Sanchez has above average arm strength, and is a far more gifted specimen (physically, muscular) compared to Geno if you ask me.

Thankfully that doesnt mean a lick in this situation, but im just saying.
    Watching film on Geno, the ball jumps out of his hand with a very quick compact, over the top delivery. Sanchez' delivery is average. Geno's very, very accurate on touch passes, and deep balls, and can gun it to the sidelines on a rope without winding up. Mark has trouble with that.

Now can Geno get his footwork, and timing down. Can he read defenses, and throw people open. That I don't know, but he's got serious arm talent. He can feel pressure, move in the pocket with his eyes down field, and he's pretty fast which doesn't hurt. his ceiling is a lot higher than Sanchez' ever was.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Some of you guys amaze me. Two years ago, Jets West was hailed by many of you as "great team building" and "great leadership by mark". Now after 2 bad seasons by Mark suddenly Jets West is now " a joke" and "another egotistical move by Mark". Now Geno is a hero to you for skipping this formerly great but now a joke activity. Maybe I'm in the minority but I think you need to leap at any chance you get to build rapport, build chemistry, and be one of the guys. Sorry, but I think Geno dropped the ball by not going.

Reading this thread I can't help but wonder how long it'll take some of you to turn on your new found hero Geno (just like when you all turned on Sanchez and Pennington, and so on and so on).
    We wanted Jets West to be like Peyton working on building communication, and timing with his receivers. Taking control of the offense, and demanding precision and anticipation from his unit. It didn't turn out to be the case. I've never seen Mark grab a receiver, and explain what he did wrong, and what he expects next time. Then pat him on the back and send him back to the line. Peyton does this all the time, then he runs the same play and hits that receiver as he turns around. I've been waiting for Mark to do this, but instead he sulks, and hesitates next time. I don't know what they're doing at Jets West, but it's nothing good.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    At least somebody else gets it. U cant put him out there week 1 at home. Cause he will screw up and the fans will be vicious towards him. You cant have ur entire stadium booing the starting qb week 1. Idzik is too smart to let this happen.
    +1

You hit the nail on the head; everything is greared to make the first home game a great experience; at least...you'd hope.

Pretty thin odds any way you slice it.