Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Should Geno attend Jets West?

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    +1

You hit the nail on the head; everything is greared to make the first home game a great experience; at least...you'd hope.

Pretty thin odds any way you slice it.
    well, if Geno's any good, he shouldn't have any trouble winning the TC competition against what many here consider to be the worst "starting" QB in the league.

I just want whoever ends up being the starter to earn the job.

after years of complaining that Sanchez was coddled, the last thing I would want to see the Jets do is repeat the same mistake with Geno. teh ironing would be unbearable.

He needs to show it in camp and practice. Just like I told Tebowites last year, the guy has to prove to the CS that he can be the guy. If he can't get it done in practice, then that's on him.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Good point.
    I didn't know Rex was attending.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    well, if Geno's any good, he shouldn't have any trouble winning the TC competition against what many here consider to be the worst "starting" QB in the league.

after years of complaining that Sanchez was coddled, the last thing I would want to see the Jets do is repeat the same mistake with Geno. teh ironing would be unbearable.
    What if Favre came back in 2009 and had that 33 td 7 pick season for the Jets.. And Sanchez sat for a while..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    What if Favre came back in 2009 and had that 33 td 7 pick season for the Jets.. And Sanchez sat for a while..
    I wish Favre had come back

All League
    +1

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Lol ... Hope I'm wrong about it ... Incidentally, what do you think any of the top 10 QB's in the league would have said answering that question, if they were placed in a similar situation their rookie year?
    Really? Your going to run with this? In case you forgot Geno doesn't even have a contract yet. Why should he go to an event with no contract and by the guy he is trying to beat out who doesn't know the playbook neither? Maybe he has something he has to work on. Last time I check he could get more from some Pats receivers that work with Tom Brady than Sanchez. Shanchez has his own things to work on and this camp helps him way more than Geno.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Really? Your going to run with this? In case you forgot Geno doesn't even have a contract yet. Why should he go to an event with no contract and by the guy he is trying to beat out who doesn't know the playbook neither? Maybe he has something he has to work on. Last time I check he could get more from some Pats receivers that work with Tom Brady than Sanchez. Shanchez has his own things to work on and this camp helps him way more than Geno.
    Are you really going to run with "afraid of getting hurt" as the reason not to go?

Then 1 sentence later be okay with him going to a camp with Pats WR's ???

... Holy talk out of both sides of my mouth batman

If your reading comprehension is as monumentally poor as your logic ... let me repeat for you what I've said since page 4 of this thread:

I will agree to disagree with those that don't think it would have been better for Geno if he'd attended

Is it a monumental misstep ? No ... But it is a misstep none-the-less

Anyone who doesn't agree with the following statement makes no sense to me ... But to each their own ...

Rookie qb takes advantage of any chance possible to get any reps in a new prostyle offense that he didn't run in college possible in hopes of improving timing any little tiny bit possible with his new/young WR's that he just met a couple weeks ago & will be throwing the ball to if he's the starter > not doing so

Jets Insider VIP
    Smith is not afraid of anything, certainly not the 36th best NFL qb (out of 32 teams). He's wisely decided to work out and learn with proven professionals in Florida and avoid (as McElroy and Simms also chose to do) the Buttfumble annual SAR Hey Look at ME vanity PR circus in Mission Viejo.

I'm sure those 11 attendees are learning oh so much having Marky and the three USC backup scrubs he desperately dredged up throwing the ball.

Nice photo ops and bold press statements, though and no defensive players for his specialty, interception return tackling drills

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Stay away Geno, let Mark know you mean business, your here for his job, if he goes he admits defeat and shows Sanchez he is below him.

If I'm Geno I use Sanchez's false confidant comments as inspiration, turn up to a team organised camp and beat his ass all over the field.

Geno does not need to show he is "all for the team" at a none team organised event, work hard and come prepared at camp to beat nacho out.
    If Geno's my team's QB then I want him thinking exactly like that. He knows he has a chance to get the starter's job from Sanchez so he's taking it. He hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    While it would be good for Geno to attend, it would be bad for Mark. This is Mark's event, organized by Mark and for Mark. Mark needs every rep he can get with the WR's, since IMO it's a forgone conclusion that Mark will win the job.
    Smith doesn't feel like it's a foregone conclusion that Sanchez will win the job. That's a good thing for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Geno goes to Jets West:
    --He spends one day on plane.
    --He gets at most 50% of reps for 3 days.
    --One of the three days is a media day.
    --He spends another full day traveling.
    --Feedback comes only from other players.
    --He throws to Jets WR corp.

Geno stays home:
    --He gets 5 days w/o Jet lag.
    --He gets 100% reps.
    --He has input from pro coach(es) hes hired to help his game.
    --He throws to non-teammates.

I purposely left out "fan relations" and "optics" from this list since IMO these are irrelevant to everyone except fans.

If Geno was a seasoned pro, the chemistry aspect could sway him. Since Geno's a rook, the transition to a pro offense should be top priority. I consider his choice to be in his and the team's best interest.

That said, its just a few days! There is NO big difference one way or the other.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

You mean after clueless fans looking for excuses complain about Sanchez being coddled?

I'm trying to find a high top of the draft pick QB who wasn't "coddled" the same way Sanchez was. Almost all followed the same exact script.

Are they all staying at Marky's Flop House?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Are they all staying at Marky's Flop House?
    Yes, the only ones allowed in are players Marky invites, they're identified by the head bands that say Jets West on them.

One of those free hand out-perks of going that brings players out of their homes in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You mean after clueless fans looking for excuses complain about Sanchez being coddled?

I'm trying to find a high top of the draft pick QB who wasn't "coddled" the same way Sanchez was. Almost all followed the same exact script.