Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Texas in July

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Texas in July

So my 17 year old metal drummer son goes to see one of his favorite bands, Texas in July. Mrs. shakin goes to pick him and his gf up from the show, and can't find him. He texts her that he's hanging out with the band backstage and he might be awhile. I'm sure they're telling him all about the importance of staying in school and just saying no.

Fffuuuuuuu........

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    So my 17 year old metal drummer son goes to see one of his favorite bands, Texas in July. Mrs. shakin goes to pick him and his gf up from the show, and can't find him. He texts her that he's hanging out with the band backstage and he might be awhile. I'm sure they're telling him all about the importance of staying in school and just saying no.

Fffuuuuuuu........
    So welcome to your own father's experience. Try to imitate him where you think he did well, not so much where he ****ed up. Also recognize and accept (as he likely did) that there are some things out of your control and you just have to ride them out and hope for the best.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats... you and your son have an icebreaker to what'll be an entertaining story. Or it will one day at least.
    Anyway, I assumed this was a complaint about the weather thread. I might add that it was toasty enough this week here in Arkansas to hard boil a man's nuts in a saturate river of his own sweat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, it's all good. He got to hang out with his favorite drummer, got some great pics and some autographs. Came home fine. Unlike the time I hung out backstage with the J. Geils band...Peter Wolf's niece worked for me like 15 years ago...hooked us up to see them at the China Club. Hung with the band after the show and did blow/top shelf booze like rock stars. Not that I condone that behavior.

Anyhoo, my son hanging out with Adam Gray (T.I.J. drummer) to him is like me hanging out with John Bonham. John Henry Bonham. I'm happy for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Fffuuuuuuu........
    ah, Cosmic Justice strikes again. 'Tis a b1tch, ain't it?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Congrats... you and your son have an icebreaker to what'll be an entertaining story. Or it will one day at least.
    Anyway, I assumed this was a complaint about the weather thread. I might add that it was toasty enough this week here in Arkansas to hard boil a man's nuts in a saturate river of his own sweat.
    Me, too.

Austin weather:

Shakin, it sounds like a great experience for your son. Glad he had a great time and didn't get into any trouble (like his dad ).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Fffuuuuuuu........
    No worries

I actually spent a little time on a tour bus with The Outlaws...because my roommate was selling them four ounces of weed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    No worries

I actually spent a little time on a tour bus with The Outlaws...because my roommate was selling them four ounces of weed.
    does he have any left?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, it's all good. He got to hang out with his favorite drummer, got some great pics and some autographs. Came home fine. Unlike the time I hung out backstage with the J. Geils band...Peter Wolf's niece worked for me like 15 years ago...hooked us up to see them at the China Club. Hung with the band after the show and did blow/top shelf booze like rock stars. Not that I condone that behavior.

Anyhoo, my son hanging out with Adam Gray (T.I.J. drummer) to him is like me hanging out with John Bonham. John Henry Bonham. I'm happy for him.
    Cool, I got to hang out with Kings X and had a time I can't yell many about. Not a huge band but talented and fun to hang with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think of all that money you just saved!

If he was interested in gigging full time before this glorious day, forget it now....

College fund free

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Son has good taste in drummers.