Thread: GAME FILM: Geno's turnovers

GAME FILM: Geno's turnovers

The play on the first INT is simply amazing. Michael Griffin was CLEARLY headhunting on that play (makes no effort whatsoever to tackle or make contact with his hands, lowers his head and lunges forward towards Hill's head). How that wasn't a penalty is beyond me. The INT would have happened regardless, but that headshot should have drawn a flag and voided the INT. (edit: Incorrect. The INT occurred before the hit.)

First fumble is just bad awareness and poor ball security. Looks right at the defender coming at him as he's going towards the sideline, so he knows the defender is about to be very close to him. Knowing that, he still has that ball just hanging out there. That same defender soon swats his hands and the ball, of course, ends up on the ground.
    Last edited by McGinley; 10-03-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

The play on the first INT is simply amazing. Michael Griffin was CLEARLY headhunting on that play (makes no effort whatsoever to tackle or make contact with his hands, lowers his head and lunges forward towards Hill's head). How that wasn't a penalty is beyond me. The INT would have happened regardless, but that headshot should have drawn a flag and voided the INT.

First fumble is just bad awareness and poor ball security. Looks right at the defender coming at him as he's going towards the sideline, so he knows the defender is about to be very close to him. Knowing that, he still has that ball just hanging out there. That same defender soon swats his hands and the ball, of course, ends up on the ground.
    stop trying to find an excuse for everything.
    1st pick is clearly underthrown and Griffin launches into the chest of Hill not the head.
    Nothing wrong there.
    Geno just flat out sucks. start realizing that!

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    stop trying to find an excuse for everything.
    1st pick is clearly underthrown and Griffin launches into the chest of Hill not the head.
    Nothing wrong there.
    Geno just flat out sucks. start realizing that!
    Did you even read his post?

Where was I making excuses? I flat out said that INT happens anyway. The 1st fumble, I said he displayed bad ball security and bad awareness which ultimately led to the fumble. No excuses here, buddy.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

The play on the first INT is simply amazing. Michael Griffin was CLEARLY headhunting on that play (makes no effort whatsoever to tackle or make contact with his hands, lowers his head and lunges forward towards Hill's head). How that wasn't a penalty is beyond me. The INT would have happened regardless, but that headshot should have drawn a flag and voided the INT.

The hit on Hill was not even close to his head. If they call that penalty then the hit on Locker should have been called too.