Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moron compares Oday Aboushi to Hernandez!

Because Tebow had more control on his distractions. His distractions were also world wide with everyone talking about it. Oday? The only reason anyone knows who he is, is because some ****ing Islamophobes are calling him a terrorist.

The two cases aren't the same. Until Oday has ****ing billboards up calling for him to be a starter (with him never asking for those to not be up, ala Mebow), he absolutely should not be let go. The Jets should surround him and BACK him in the face of the prejudice he's facing.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Let's face it, the pro-Palestinian position isn't exactly embraced in Crown Heights.
    Like the Jets are.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    The comparison is silly but Aboushi does have to explaining to do as you why he particpates in groups who want to annihilate Israel.

He was more than just attending, he was a speaker.
    Define 'particpates in'. And 'group' for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Define 'particpates in'. And 'group' for that matter.
    What am I a funking dictionary?

Read the articles.

GROUP: El-Bireh Palestine Society
    PARTICPATES IN: was a featured speaker
    Last edited by FF2®; 07-12-2013 at 05:42 PM.

All Pro
    What am I a funking dictionary?

Read the articles.
    maybe you should

Aboushi was vaguely connected to an anti-Semitic activist group in the article, but Aboushi was not quoted and was hardly mentioned in the piece,

Spot on, vtn. Some of the ignorance in this is just....agh.

Aboushi has handled this well and ignored the race baiting. Some bigots were always going to slander him but it was surprising that yahoo sports picked up the story before quickly dropping it. Jackie Robinson created a circus but eventually people learn to live with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Who cares Sen Robert Byrd was in the Senate for 51 years and was once a leader in the KKK..
    ABC News noted that “despite his successful political track record, the Senate’s senior Democrat was no stranger to controversy and was once a member of the Ku Klux Klan,” as if calling for the extermination of dark-skinned peoples (as well as Jews, Catholics, and gays) was no more stirring a gaffe than Gary Hart’s monkey business.

He certainly doesn't have to explain if he doesnt want to.

I would think if he wants to clear the air, he would though. A simple tweet would do.

Unless he does, his beliefs will be defined by others not him. Simple PR.
    I thought this was a free country??? Clear the air about what? I hate the political polarization that imperils the greatness of this nation.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I thought this was a free country??? Clear the air about what? I hate the political polarization that imperils the greatness of this nation.
    Clear the air about him being a speaker for a group that wants to wipe Israel off the map.

no one says he has to. just might be a smart move.

Oday Aboushi, the Jets' fifth-round rookie tackle from Brooklyn and the University of Virginia, responded today to recent reports about articles and blog posts that made serious accusations.

“I’m proud to be born and raised in the United States, proud to be a Palestinian-American and as a native New Yorker, I’m especially proud to have been drafted by the Jets and have the chance to represent this great organization and the NFL," Aboushi said in his statement, released by the team. "It is upsetting to see people try and tarnish my reputation without even knowing me, but I appreciate all the support I have been getting from people of all backgrounds across the city and the country. As for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, I hope that both sides make peace and live in prosperity.”

Some of that support came from Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, who issued his own statement.

"There’s a lot of exaggeration and hyperbole in all the talk about Jets lineman Oday Aboushi," Foxman said. "Absolutely nothing in the public record suggests that Aboushi is anything other than a young American athlete who takes pride in his Palestinian heritage. His participation in a conference organized by the El-Bireh Society, a Palestinian community organization that was until recently defunct, should not be used to tar him as an extremist. Allegations claiming that he is affiliated with other extreme groups are similarly unsubstantiated and appear to be exaggerated for the express purpose of smearing Aboushi.

"There is nothing wrong with someone being proud of their ethnic or religious background, and this should be true regardless of one’s chosen profession. Even if one disagrees with the agenda of the groups whose events he has attended, it is unfair and farfetched to cite those as evidence that he is an extremist.

"Being pro-Palestinian does not mean you’re an anti-Semite or an extremist. The record simply does not show that Aboushi has crossed that line."

The Jets also issued a statement today, which reads:

“The New York Jets strongly believe in diversity, inclusion and tolerance of others. We also encourage all of our employees to use good judgment when exercising their rights to freedom of expression and speech to be certain that they are constructive and respectful.”
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...9-fe60f0abbdb1

Clear the air about him being a speaker for a group that wants to wipe Israel off the map.

no one says he has to. just might be a smart move.
    Give it up, dude. It's not like the guy attended an anti-palestine or anti-abortion rally -- THEN he'd have something to answer for . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Give it up, dude. It's not like the guy attended an anti-palestine or anti-abortion rally -- THEN he'd have something to answer for . . .
    He finally released a statement as I recommended.

Smart move.

He finally released a statement as I recommended.

Smart move.
    Agreed. I'm glad he chose to follow your sage advice

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Agreed. I'm glad he chose to follow your sage advice
    if only more people would.

Anti Palestine or Anti Israel I dont care. Play football and stay PRO AMERICA!!! People worry too much about countries that are not their own.
    Last edited by LanceMehl; 07-13-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Veteran
    You should think that the Lions might have drafted Oday Aboushi since 41% of Dearborn Michigan's population is of Arab descent. If you want to sell more tickets to the locals Aboushi would have been a popular draft pick ...