Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Socks In The Summer

Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    The only time I wear sandals is when I'm going to the beach. Even then, I often wear boat shoes. I guess I get it from my dad, he's old school and says a man shouldn't wear footwear that doesn't protect his feet (in case the SHTF).
    The make some pretty decent sandals these days... I'm sure they'd be just as good as boat shoes should the SHTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I wear flip flops April - October. Easily go through a pair a year.
    Same, but with sandals. Easily go through a pair every year. It sucks hard going back to shoes and socks when it starts getting chilly (October-ish). If I lived in Florida I'd probably own three pairs of socks (so I'd have a variety to chose from on that one day a year I'm forced to wear them).
    Last edited by titanbuoy; 07-13-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Does anyone actually wear Weiner Socks when you bang a hooker???
    Totally defeats the purpose if you ask me!
    She doesn't know where you live or even your real name if she gets knocked up, and even then, she can't prove it's yours!

But, if you do, what are the best brand of weiner sock?
    And do you only wear them in the summer?
    What about in the leap year?
    Does it make a difference if you're in Vegas vs Montreal vs Amsterdam vs Waffle House?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Socks in the summer suck. Way too hot. And sometime you just have to wear shoes to things (not sandals).

But if you don't wear socks, your shoes get all sweaty and gross. Its not comfortable.

Thoughts?
    Agreed. But can you explain this... My daughter got a job as a lifeguard at the local public pool. They had to pass a new rule this year prohibiting patrons from wearing socks in the pool. I truly can not figure this one out. Why would people wear socks in the pool? And based on the people wearing the socks, I can safely say it was not a hygiene issue.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Agreed. But can you explain this... My daughter got a job as a lifeguard at the local public pool. They had to pass a new rule this year prohibiting patrons from wearing socks in the pool. I truly can not figure this one out. Why would people wear socks in the pool? And based on the people wearing the socks, I can safely say it was not a hygiene issue.
    Why can't people wear socks in the pool. The relative oddness of it aside, what's the harm?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Why can't people wear socks in the pool. The relative oddness of it aside, what's the harm?
    They soak up enough water that they can weigh your feet down, leading to you possibly drowning from exhaustion or exerting yourself to the point of having a heart attack. Or they could fall off and get sucked up against a filter grate, which may burn out the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Good question. I would guess today socks, tomorrow sneakers, next week ... absolute chaos.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Socks are for dicks.

Just ask flea.