Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: different view of rex

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    phoenix via orlando via nyc
    Posts
    434

    different view of rex

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl.../ClarkJudgeCBS

    different article about rex and the bulls hope the link works

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,937
    What a homer. Welcome to the sunshine brigade Clark Judge...and the animal haters club too.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,592
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl.../ClarkJudgeCBS

    different article about rex and the bulls hope the link works
    This is actually an excellent article - the best I have read in quite some time and spot on about Rex.

    I hope Idzik is savvy enough to realize the coach he has in Rex and keep him on beyond this year - even if the Jets miss the playoffs again.

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    phoenix via orlando via nyc
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What a homer. Welcome to the sunshine brigade Clark Judge...and the animal haters club too.
    simple question for all who want to answer. why is every positive article written by a "homer" and every negative article just telling it like it is? I just don't understand so called jet fans. I have rooted for the jets when they were the Titans at shea stadium & were owned by harry wisnner. I have been thru the ups (super bowl victory) & the downs (1 & 15 ). Just because someone has something nice to say about the jets doesn't make them "homers" and when they write negative articles doesn't make them haters. they are just expressing the views on how they see things. everyone is entitled to their opinion and that was all that he wrote.

  5. #5
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,722
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What a homer. Welcome to the sunshine brigade Clark Judge...and the animal haters club too.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    simple question for all who want to answer. why is every positive article written by a "homer" and every negative article just telling it like it is? I just don't understand so called jet fans. I have rooted for the jets when they were the Titans at shea stadium & were owned by harry wisnner. I have been thru the ups (super bowl victory) & the downs (1 & 15 ). Just because someone has something nice to say about the jets doesn't make them "homers" and when they write negative articles doesn't make them haters. they are just expressing the views on how they see things. everyone is entitled to their opinion and that was all that he wrote.
    Well,
    Sounds like someone who is older then me, and I am older then dirt, lol. Also one, who like me is from the old blue collar fan base.

    In answer to your question, you can remember when most sports writers were actually journalist with talent and the only information came from the local papers. Now with the multitude of media trying to out do each other, it becomes who can get the most dirt, who can get the most sensational headline or lead story. We remember the days where reporters used facts and crossed checked there sources before writing or reporting a story. When reporters chose not to report on people personal lives or personal business that had nothing to do with the team or there careers.
    Today it's the reader who has to determine, what is fact and what is fiction. Sad to say, writers often have agendas other then reporting the facts. While personal opinions are fine, if they are full of falsehoods that are being passed off as facts, then correction by the reader becomes a responsibility. So you end up with Homers and Haters.
    A prime and recent example is one of our young draftees being labeled a terrorist, by people who have an agenda. .
    Last edited by fltflo; 07-13-2013 at 02:12 AM.

  7. #7
    RR is a great football man, and a great coach. The fact that the fan base of the nyjets is screaming for his head after years and years of one terrible coach after another really tells you how reactionary and irrational they are.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,541
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    RR is a great football man, and a great coach. The fact that the fan base of the nyjets is screaming for his head after years and years of one terrible coach after another really tells you how reactionary and irrational they are.
    I think most of them would be better suited for the days of the Spanish inquisition or even the Salem witch trials..

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    RR is a great football man, and a great coach. The fact that the fan base of the nyjets is screaming for his head after years and years of one terrible coach after another really tells you how reactionary and irrational they are.
    I think it's the foot fetish, middle finger, blind love for Sackchez and Scott, tattoo of said Sackchez etc... That have fans slightly miffed with RR.

    ... I think he has yet to prove himself as a great HC ... So far .... He more of a great DC.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I think it's the foot fetish, middle finger, blind love for Sackchez and Scott, tattoo of said Sackchez etc... That have fans slightly miffed with RR.

    ... I think he has yet to prove himself as a great HC ... So far .... He more of a great DC.
    3 out of 4 have nothing to do with football...would you rather have rich kotite back? how about herm?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    simple question for all who want to answer. why is every positive article written by a "homer" and every negative article just telling it like it is? I just don't understand so called jet fans. I have rooted for the jets when they were the Titans at shea stadium & were owned by harry wisnner. I have been thru the ups (super bowl victory) & the downs (1 & 15 ). Just because someone has something nice to say about the jets doesn't make them "homers" and when they write negative articles doesn't make them haters. they are just expressing the views on how they see things. everyone is entitled to their opinion and that was all that he wrote.
    I agree 100%.

    Not trying to nitpick, but this never happened, no? I thought it was just in the polo grounds.

  12. #12
    hope hes here for the next decade.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    hope hes here for the next decade.
    +1

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I agree 100%.

    Not trying to nitpick, but this never happened, no? I thought it was just in the polo grounds.
    You picked the right nit the newly named Jets moved to Shea in 1964 the Titans played in the Polo grounds..

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I think it's the foot fetish, middle finger, blind love for Sackchez and Scott, tattoo of said Sackchez etc... That have fans slightly miffed with RR.

    ... I think he has yet to prove himself as a great HC ... So far .... He more of a great DC.
    He doesn't have a tattoo of Sanchez. Stop saying that. That same level of inaccuracy is the way you view Rex, and the rest of the team. That's why you're a SOJF.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,592
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    RR is a great football man, and a great coach. The fact that the fan base of the nyjets is screaming for his head after years and years of one terrible coach after another really tells you how reactionary and irrational they are.
    As I stated earlier, it would be a huge mistake for the Jets to let Rex go, even if we miss the playoffs again this season.

    The Jets can win a superbowl with Rex as the HC and I think we will if Rex is given another 3 or 4 years.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    hope hes here for the next decade.
    + another 1.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,178
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He doesn't have a tattoo of Sanchez. Stop saying that. That same level of inaccuracy is the way you view Rex, and the rest of the team. That's why you're a SOJF.
    Duncie hates everything about the Jets. He has a tattoo of Tebow, I bet

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfaninmickeymouseland View Post
    simple question for all who want to answer. why is every positive article written by a "homer" and every negative article just telling it like it is? I just don't understand so called jet fans. I have rooted for the jets when they were the Titans at shea stadium & were owned by harry wisnner. I have been thru the ups (super bowl victory) & the downs (1 & 15 ). Just because someone has something nice to say about the jets doesn't make them "homers" and when they write negative articles doesn't make them haters. they are just expressing the views on how they see things. everyone is entitled to their opinion and that was all that he wrote.
    Just so you know, I'm a big advocate for for Sunshine. I was being sarcastic, I fought all these same people in 2009, when they said we were crazy to expect a top 5 defense, and a competitive team. Now they're all back at it again. I can answer your question. The SOJFs are miserable, and insecure. They'd rather not get their hopes up, and risk having their little feelings hurt. Those positive articles are few and far between. Even objective ones are rare nowadays. Those negative articles are not by haters, but they are either ignorant, or reactionary. You can make a case for us being below average right now, but if you say we are among the worst teams in the league, or that Rex is not a good coach then you are lying, stupid, or both. Rex Ryan is a great coach that took us as far as Parcells ever did, with far less talent. These fans that expect a HC to be able to do it all in his first few years are the delusional ones. All people have their strengths, and deficiencies. Mangini was a good personnel guy so made Tanny look okay, but he was a lousy leader. I'm perfectly satisfied that Idzik is strong in all the areas Rex is weak. Lets let Rex get out of the office, and back to coaching where he belongs. I'm glad Rex finally has a offensive counterpart that likes to attack the way Rex does on defense. I think between the three of them they're pretty well balanced. Enough to get us a shot at a wildcard. If a QB ever emerges will be right back in contention.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,851
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Just so you know, I'm a big advocate for for Sunshine. I was being sarcastic, I fought all these same people in 2009, when they said we were crazy to expect a top 5 defense, and a competitive team. Now they're all back at it again. I can answer your question. The SOJFs are miserable, and insecure. They'd rather not get their hopes up, and risk having their little feelings hurt. Those positive articles are few and far between. Even objective ones are rare nowadays. Those negative articles are not by haters, but they are either ignorant, or reactionary. You can make a case for us being below average right now, but if you say we are among the worst teams in the league, or that Rex is not a good coach then you are lying, stupid, or both. Rex Ryan is a great coach that took us as far as Parcells ever did, with far less talent. These fans that expect a HC to be able to do it all in his first few years are the delusional ones. All people have their strengths, and deficiencies. Mangini was a good personnel guy so made Tanny look okay, but he was a lousy leader. I'm perfectly satisfied that Idzik is strong in all the areas Rex is weak. Lets let Rex get out of the office, and back to coaching where he belongs. I'm glad Rex finally has a offensive counterpart that likes to attack the way Rex does on defense. I think between the three of them they're pretty well balanced. Enough to get us a shot at a wildcard. If a QB ever emerges will be right back in contention.
    great post.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us