Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: different view of rex

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Duncie hates everything about the Jets. He has a tattoo of Tebow, I bet
    Well if he had a tattoo of his wife with a #15 jersey on it it wouldn't be nearly so bad. Only a big dummie would think that a QB that can't throw can make up for it with intangibles, but a HC that's a great DC, and leader of men, cannot make up for being a lousy personnel man, and maybe a little too proud of his guys. Especially in his first few years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    hope hes here for the next decade.
    +10000

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Just so you know, I'm a big advocate for for Sunshine. I was being sarcastic, I fought all these same people in 2009, when they said we were crazy to expect a top 5 defense, and a competitive team. Now they're all back at it again. I can answer your question. The SOJFs are miserable, and insecure. They'd rather not get their hopes up, and risk having their little feelings hurt. Those positive articles are few and far between. Even objective ones are rare nowadays. Those negative articles are not by haters, but they are either ignorant, or reactionary. You can make a case for us being below average right now, but if you say we are among the worst teams in the league, or that Rex is not a good coach then you are lying, stupid, or both. Rex Ryan is a great coach that took us as far as Parcells ever did, with far less talent. These fans that expect a HC to be able to do it all in his first few years are the delusional ones. All people have their strengths, and deficiencies. Mangini was a good personnel guy so made Tanny look okay, but he was a lousy leader. I'm perfectly satisfied that Idzik is strong in all the areas Rex is weak. Lets let Rex get out of the office, and back to coaching where he belongs. I'm glad Rex finally has a offensive counterpart that likes to attack the way Rex does on defense. I think between the three of them they're pretty well balanced. Enough to get us a shot at a wildcard. If a QB ever emerges will be right back in contention.
    Great post; sorry I missed your sarcasm earlier. I beg foprgiveness

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He doesn't have a tattoo of Sanchez. Stop saying that. That same level of inaccuracy is the way you view Rex, and the rest of the team. That's why you're a SOJF.
    Fine ... Tattoo of his wife wearing a Sackchez shirt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if he had a tattoo of his wife with a #15 jersey on it it wouldn't be nearly so bad. Only a big dummie would think that a QB that can't throw can make up for it with intangibles, but a HC that's a great DC, and leader of men, cannot make up for being a lousy personnel man, and maybe a little too proud of his guys. Especially in his first few years.
    I'd debate the leader of men comment right now ... Maybe when he first got here I would have supported that statement ... But one strange thing after another has put a chink in his armor,

I like Rex ... I really do ... And I hope he improves as a head coach. Right now he is clinging on to his tenure as the Jets HC with dear life.

... I am still finding it amusing that you think I am a Tebow fan ... Lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Duncie hates everything about the Jets. He has a tattoo of Tebow, I bet
    No I do not. I simply am not a fan of the circus atmosphere fostered by RR. I hope he matures into a great HC. He posses a lot of attributes that are rare and make him a good candidate for HC. To this point he had not been able to put it all together. A great DC ?? Absolutely ... A great HC ... Not yet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dunnie likes Rex, he really, really, really does...

Yeah, right

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice write up for REX.

Until otherwise shown, I support him. hearing it first hand from an NFL GM that REX is well thought of is good enough for me.

That said....he is at least partially responsible for our demise over the last 2 years. Excluding playoffs, he is slightly over 500 and his personnel skills are not what I would call desirable.

watching teams run through our D to end the 2011 season was a joke.

But he is above average and I see no replacements that IMO would be better at this point.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I agree 100%.

Not trying to nitpick, but this never happened, no? I thought it was just in the polo grounds.
    as someone said, you picked the right nit. I totally forgot about the polo grounds. chalk it up to old age and a foggy memory. but I do remember
    shea very well as I did usher there for 10 years before I moved out of state. not only did I see every home game for 10 years, they even paid me to watch. by the way I was also there for the 69 world series. great year 69, world series and super bowl winners.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    This is actually an excellent article - the best I have read in quite some time and spot on about Rex.

I hope Idzik is savvy enough to realize the coach he has in Rex and keep him on beyond this year - even if the Jets miss the playoffs again.
    I think Rex is below average as a talent evaluator fo O players, plays favorites to his detriment with veterans, and is terrible at hiring coaches for the O side of the ball, but strictly as a football coach he is well above average. If Idzik plays to Ryan's strength and basically says, "you coach the players I give you and can not hire a coach without my approval", this could be the start of a successful relationship.