Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Set the DVR Mon Night Miracle on NFL Network

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Set the DVR Mon Night Miracle on NFL Network

    Saturday at noon. At 3:30, they have a show on called Sound FX and the description is "on field sights and sounds of Rex Ryans career.".

    I don't really care to hear Rex mike'd up and farting but man that game was awesome. Brings back great memories. If you haven't seen it give it a look.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why?

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching it now. lol @ Shephard's cocky "shh" taunt after the TD. NEVER CELEBRATE TOO SOON!

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fiedler is clutch as hell, lol.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped watching at halftime when the Fins were up like 30-7 on us. DAMMIT

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was at that game with my pop & we stayed ... One of the best nights of my life

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    I won a contest and had great seats gratis...a highlight of a frustrating year

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brother left to beat the traffic early in the fourth quarter, myself and my friend who has the third ticket stayed until the 1:22 AM conclusion. My brother hasn't heard the end of that yet

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fiedler is clutch as hell, lol.

    Greatest Jewish Quarterback from Oceanside, Long Island EVER to play in the NFL

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    My brother left to beat the traffic early in the fourth quarter, myself and my friend who has the third ticket stayed until the 1:22 AM conclusion. My brother hasn't heard the end of that yet
    i left. if i stayed they would of lost. that is how I deal with it

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll never forget because my brother is a 'Phins fan and we always watch together (since kids as well sine the late '70s.). 30-7 and I said, with 100% confidence, "There is no way in hell the Dolphins are winning this game. You'll f**in ' see! They will not be able to stop us." He was incredulous and stunned in disbelief in my angry and cocky boast in his face, but I swear to God I *KNEW* we were coming back in that game. I had no doubt and just felt it. No suprise at all when it happened, either. I knew if Vinny just got hot, and the D just played, they nor anybody else in the NFL could not stop us. I was right. One of the best games I ever saw.

    But, as usual with post-1969 Jets history... the the wheels fell off again later that year. That team still had the pieces to get stuff done, but it fell apart. Seems like that is the Jet way.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was traveling for work in Philly and remember losing my mind at 1:30 in the morning. At 1:45am I received a phone call asking me to checkout in the am. I asked why and was told that every room next to mine had phoned down on multiple occasions. I explained what happened and was offered a breakfast ticket "if I just left in the morning." It was pretty funny.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Was at that game with my pop & we stayed ... One of the best nights of my life
    yep was at the game with my pops also - we stayed the entire time as well. I saw Clemens before the game walking into the stadium that night also.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    there were, I believe, 3 of those crazy late comeback games in that 2000 season, the Miami game, the home game against the Patriots and the road game against the the Bucs in which the flashlight caught the game winning touchdown while #19 for Tampa Bay was held to one reception for ONE yard

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    yep was at the game with my pops also - we stayed the entire time as well. I saw Clemens before the game walking into the stadium that night also.

    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    there were, I believe, 3 of those crazy late comeback games in that 2000 season, the Miami game, the home game against the Patriots and the road game against the the Bucs in which the flashlight caught the game winning touchdown while #19 for Tampa Bay was held to one reception for ONE yard

    good stuff!

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that year the two biggest disappointments in losses was the Baltimore game on last game of season and the Steelers game. Vinny got hurt very early in the game and Lucas came in and they could not get anything going.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    I think that year the two biggest disappointments in losses was the Baltimore game on last game of season and the Steelers game. Vinny got hurt very early in the game and Lucas came in and they could not get anything going.
    Can't leave out the Bears and Lions games. Two very winnable ones (at home, no less) against mediocre teams that could have secured a playoff spot without having to go to B-More and beat the 2nd-best defense of all time.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Can't leave out the Bears and Lions games. Two very winnable ones (at home, no less) against mediocre teams that could have secured a playoff spot without having to go to B-More and beat the 2nd-best defense of all time.
    I don't recall the Bears game. But the Lion game I was at. It was miserable weather that day. I remember watching John Hall line up for the Fg attempt at the end of the game and it just being blocked. Then outside after game jet fan started yelling at Hall by the player parking lot and Hall went after him. Security cleared the lot and everyone had to leave.

    I did meet Hall after he hit that game winner vs Baltimore in 97. He was a nice kid.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was there with a friend, from this board

    It was epic

    I refused to leave, just went down lower for the better seats

    Will never forget it

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    I don't recall the Bears game. But the Lion game I was at. It was miserable weather that day. I remember watching John Hall line up for the Fg attempt at the end of the game and it just being blocked. Then outside after game jet fan started yelling at Hall by the player parking lot and Hall went after him. Security cleared the lot and everyone had to leave.

    I did meet Hall after he hit that game winner vs Baltimore in 97. He was a nice kid.
    most ironic thing, or expected thing if you are a miserable puke of a SOJF,
    the weather as you said was terrible, then just as Hall went to kick the FG the sun came out
    an' it probably f'ed him up -instead of being a metaphor for good vibes it was a real downer

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us