Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oday Aboushi ( here we goooo.... ) ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Oday Aboushi ( here we goooo.... ) ~ ~ ~

Oday Aboushi should be in the process of preparing for his rookie season with the New York Jets. Instead, the fifth-round draft pick is answering accusations about his political beliefs.

The Brooklyn-born Aboushi is one of a handful of Palestinian-Americans to be drafted by an NFL team. This week, FrontPage Magazine, a conservative political website, published a report that portrayed Aboushi as a Muslim extremist who uses social media to promote an anti-Semitic agenda.

The magazine's web post gained traction when other media outlets picked up on the report."My family's been just as shocked by the lies and smears as I've been," Aboushi said Friday in a phone interview with the New York Post. "I don't think I'm radical at all. I have never done any radical behavior. For the writer to come out and claim that just builds lies on top of the lies."

The Anti-Defamation League released a statement Friday dismissing the FrontPage Magazine report as "unfair and farfetched."

"There's a lot of exaggeration and hyperbole in all the talk about Jets lineman Oday Aboushi," an excerpt from the statement read. "Absolutely nothing in the public record suggests that Aboushi is anything other than a young American athlete who takes pride in his Palestinian heritage."

The Jets released their own statement on the matter.

"The New York Jets strongly believe in diversity, inclusion and tolerance of others," the statement read. "We also encourage all of our employees to use good judgment when exercising their rights to freedom of expression and speech to be certain that they are constructive and respectful."According to the Post, the Jets said they have given "no thought" to releasing Aboushi, who is scheduled to report to training camp with the rest of the team's rookie players on July 22.

"My feelings are very fair -- I wish both sides (in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict) would come to a peaceful agreement and both live in peace," Aboushi said. "I want to see them live together in harmony and enjoy the land instead of focusing on conflict with each other."

> http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...itical-beliefs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this really need a thread? We've already got a thread on the strip with this story in it as well as two threads in the Hangar/Dump.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to put this in a little perspective, another featured speaker at the El Bireh Conference was Nick Rahall, a U.S. Congressman from West Virginia. Rahall has been in Congress since 1977. No terrorists on the podium that I could see... a female journalist from Harvard, a film director who was up for an Academy Award, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Just to put this in a little perspective, another featured speaker at the El Bireh Conference was Nick Rahall, a U.S. Congressman from West Virginia. Rahall has been in Congress since 1977. No terrorists on the podium that I could see... a female journalist from Harvard, a film director who was up for an Academy Award, etc.
    This is why the proliferation of "social media" sucks sometimes. Just because a fringe writer in a right wing radical publication calls Oday Aboushi a Muslim extremist, the stupid story gets "legs" and Aboushi has to defend himself.

If it weren't such a sad commentary on our society, I would call it a joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    This is why the proliferation of "social media" sucks sometimes. Just because a fringe writer in a right wing radical publication calls Oday Aboushi a Muslim extremist, the stupid story gets "legs" and Aboushi has to defend himself.

If it weren't such a sad commentary on our society, I would call it a joke.
    I'm assuming you feel the same way about how the media is doing their best to hijack the Zimmerman/Martin trial . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'm assuming you feel the same way about how the media is doing their best to hijack the Zimmerman/Martin trial . .
    Absolutely! It works both ways! Polarization is killing this country.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Absolutely! It works both ways! Polarization is killing this country.
    I agree, but I don't know if stubbornly fighting it is the answer.

Aboushi has already "clarified" his stance, and personally I was glad to see him do so. There's a lot of hate out there in the world and I'd find it hard to root for someone who had the chance to remove himself from it and chose not to . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Thanks for finding this leprechaun, hopefully the xenophobs can take a minute to perouse the schedule below. Searching as hard as I can but just can't figure out which is the secret bomb-making 101.

http://elbireh.org/content/events-ac...r-ticket-price

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can he play, that's all I care about, otherwise, next.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    There should have never even been a trial.
    This Zimmerman guy was getting his head smashed in on the curb and did what he had to do, clearly not knowing how to fight whatsoever.
    I actually heard some jackass on tv call him a "Member of the neighborhood watch scheme" like it was some kind of gang...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Does this really need a thread? We've already got a thread on the strip with this story in it as well as two threads in the Hangar/Dump.

Kelvin needs to start another thread to promote his manhood
    Last edited by Boynton Beach Jets; 07-13-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Kelvin needs to state another thread to promote his manhood
    I think I saw him furiously masturbating at a library in Atlanta.

I can't imagine it was anyone else tbh

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I think I saw him furiously masturbating at a library in Atlanta.

I can't imagine it was anyone else tbh

As he was looking at one of his posts I heard

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    As he was looking at one of his posts I heard
    What do you think gave it away???

I saw a ton of these: ~~~~~~~~~~~

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about unnecessary attention. The kid should be focusing on football but now he must explain his political beliefs. SMH, The two do not go hand in hand. This is truly a non-story. I hope he plays well and makes the team!

Like someone posted above, this is a sad commentary on today's society.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    What do you think gave it away???

I saw a ton of these: ~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~ That was it, exactly~~~ also sitting at the front of the library to self promote himself

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Thanks for finding this leprechaun, hopefully the xenophobs can take a minute to perouse the schedule below. Searching as hard as I can but just can't figure out which is the secret bomb-making 101.

http://elbireh.org/content/events-ac...r-ticket-price
    Taking your cue from one of our least knowledgeable posters, obviously you need new specs to "perouse" clearly with. Director of anti-Israel film, anti-Israel Al-Jazeera journalist, anti-Israel Congressman known mostly for criminal offspring and sister who is Qatari lobbyist, pic of kid with Fatah style kaffiyeh, logo with Fakeistinian flag covering "Palestine" (as all pretend Jordyptian organizations who deny Israel do) ...and that's just the sanitized non -Facebook page ...

You want to subsidize and excuse terror along with other indifferent / anti-Semitic / self-hating pukes, go right ahead
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 07-13-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    politics and xenophopic hatred of of ethnic groups you aren't part of forum, please

thank you, mods

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Taking your cue from one of our least knowledgeable posters, obviously you need new specs to "perouse" clearly with. Director of anti-Israel film, anti-Israel Al-Jazeera journalist, anti-Israel Congressman known mostly for criminal offspring and sister who is Qatari lobbyist, pic of kid with Fatah style kaffiyeh, logo with Fakeistinian flag covering "Palestine" (as all pretend Jordyptian organizations who deny Israel do) ...and that's just the sanitized non -Facebook page ...

You want to subsidize and excuse terror along with other indifferent / anti-Semitic / self-hating pukes, go right ahead

Yup, right on cue, our resident potty mouth tea bagger pipes up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    politics and xenophopic hatred of of ethnic groups you aren't part of forum, please

thank you, mods
    So we better make sure this Aboushi guy never signs up, right?