Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oday Aboushi ( here we goooo.... ) ~ ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Taking your cue from one of our least knowledgeable posters, obviously you need new specs to "perouse" clearly with. Director of anti-Israel film, anti-Israel Al-Jazeera journalist, anti-Israel Congressman known mostly for criminal offspring and sister who is Qatari lobbyist, pic of kid with Fatah style kaffiyeh, logo with Fakeistinian flag covering "Palestine" (as all pretend Jordyptian organizations who deny Israel do) ...and that's just the sanitized non -Facebook page ...

You want to subsidize and excuse terror along with other indifferent / anti-Semitic / self-hating pukes, go right ahead
    You really seem to have an agenda here. Can you take your drivel somewhere else?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    You really seem to have an agenda here. Can you take your drivel somewhere else?
    No agenda, too bad if the sunshine is too bright for those on the dark side skippy.

Now go stick your head back in the dark cavern between your legs you removed it from.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 07-13-2013 at 09:55 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Yup, right on cue, our resident potty mouth tea bagger pipes up.
    Potty mouth, with no profanity used yet I'm a "tea bagger"

Wherever you were when you didn't post for a few months, go back there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Yup, right on cue, our resident potty mouth tea bagger pipes up.
    Tea bagging is a sexual act which is far removed from a group of concerned citizens of all parties that care about the country.. Being the Manhattan liberal that you are I thought you would know that..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The funny part about this thread and what differentiates it from the one from the other day is that this one wasn't started by some nut quoting a extreme blog. Like the early news about Goodson fans here jumped the gun, blamed a player they know nothing about and some actually called for the Jets to cut him immediately.

Without knowing a thing about what he did or didn't say/do etc.

Love the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    There should have never even been a trial.
    This Zimmerman guy was getting his head smashed in on the curb and did what he had to do, clearly not knowing how to fight whatsoever.
    I actually heard some jackass on tv call him a "Member of the neighborhood watch scheme" like it was some kind of gang...
    LOL... He stalked a kid for wearing a good and walking funny, then the dispatchers told him not to follow the kid when he ran away, next thing you know, the kid is shot dead.

The kid was 140lbs and this other fat tool was 200lbs... So your telling me that this man couldn't get a 140 lb boy off of his chest (if that is in fact what really happened), yet he was able to reach into his holster, grab his gun and shoot him in the chest?

The ignorance with this case is hilarious. I hate to say it, but people who say "the kid got what he deserved" just look like racists... Plain and simple.

If this big pu$$y wasn't allowed to walk the streets with a gun playing "police man" none of this would have happened because without the gun he would never have had the balls to instigate the situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    LOL... He stalked a kid for wearing a good and walking funny, then the dispatchers told him not to follow the kid when he ran away, next thing you know, the kid is shot dead.

The kid was 140lbs and this other fat tool was 200lbs... So your telling me that this man couldn't get a 140 lb boy off of his chest (if that is in fact what really happened), yet he was able to reach into his holster, grab his gun and shoot him in the chest?

The ignorance with this case is hilarious. I hate to say it, but people who say "the kid got what he deserved" just look like racists... Plain and simple.

If this big pu$$y wasn't allowed to walk the streets with a gun playing "police man" none of this would have happened because without the gun he would never have had the balls to instigate the situation.
    I'm guessing you didn't see pictures up his face all pummeled up...
    And you really ARE a vegan if you simply think weight has ANYTHING to do with a fight.
    Also, I guess you ignore the fact that the KID was the one using the racial slurs, but that's ok!
    Stick to arguing the nutritional value of Tofu and PBR

Honestly , I don't know where I stand on this .... But after watching 12 Angry Men .... I would say the prosecution simply could not prove the case beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Hall Of Fame
    Embattled Jets rookie Oday Aboushi lashed back yesterday at accusations he is a fundamentalist Muslim who associates with radicals opposed to Israel, labeling the charges “lies and smears.”In an exclusive interview with The Post, the fifth-round pick — a Brooklyn native who is believed to be the first Palestinian-American ever drafted by an NFL team — adamantly denied charges leveled by a conservative website this week that Aboushi is anti-Semitic and uses social media to endorse what they consider Palestinian terrorist groups.“My family’s been just as shocked by the lies and smears as I’ve been,” Aboushi said in a telephone interview. “I don’t think I’m radical at all. I have never done any radical behavior. For the writer to come out and claim that just builds lies on top of the lies.”

BETTER DAYS AHEAD : Oday Aboushi, the Jets’ fifth-round draft pick out of Virginia, said he and his family (inset) were shocked when a conservative website this week said Aboushi is anti-Semitic and uses social media to endorse what it considers Palestinian terrorist groupsAboushi, an offensive lineman from Virginia, has been besieged by angry tweets and messages since an article published Tuesday by the website Frontpagemag.com labeled him “a fundamentalist Muslim with radical associations and a heritage that pushes him towards a destructive world of violence and hate.”

The report also called for the Jets — whose fanbase includes such a large Jewish contingent that the team asked the NFL to reschedule its 2009 home opener to avoid conflict with Rosh Hashana — to immediately release Aboushi because of his views.”Aboushi told The Post his views on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict are anything but radical.“My feelings are very fair — I wish both sides would come to a peaceful agreement and both live in peace,” Aboushi said. “I want to see them live together in harmony and enjoy the land instead of focusing on conflict with each other.”

Asked if he considers himself anti-Semitic, Aboushi scoffed.“I have plenty of friends who are Jewish,” he told The Post. “Some of my best friends are Jewish. I have teammates who are Jewish, and I was brought up with Jewish kids. I never had any problem with them, and I respect them just as much as they respect me.“Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe, and everybody has a right to say what they want to say. At the end of the day, I don’t have any disrespect or hateful things to say against the Jewish community, and I’m definitely not anti-Semitic.”

The Jets said they have given no thought to cutting Aboushi because of the accusations. The club also released a statement yesterday supporting — within bounds — their players’ right to free speech.“The New York Jets strongly believe in diversity, inclusion and tolerance of others,” a team spokesman said. “We also encourage all of our employees to use good judgment when exercising their rights to freedom of expression and speech to be certain that they are constructive and respectful.”

> http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...3PTbmT83JmHjZL

All League
    Jewish Defense For Jets’ Palestinian Offensive Lineman
    07/17/13
    Steve Lipman
    Staff Writer

Two prominent Jewish defense agencies this week came to the defense of Oday Aboushi, a rookie member of the New York Jets football team who is a practicing Muslim from a Palestinian-Arab family.
    Aboushi, 22, an offensive lineman and sociology graduate of the University of Virginia who is one of the few Palestinians to play in the National Football League, came under fire from some members of the Jewish community after a recent story in FrontPage Magazine criticized him for appearing at a “radical Muslim conference.” The article, which called the player “a Muslim extremist,” hinted that the Jets should release the fifth-round draft choice.
    FrontPage did not cite any anti-Israel or anti-Semitic remarks Aboushi said at the conference last month sponsored by the El-Bireh Palestine Society, but quoted him as tweeting after the gathering that “Proud Palestinians is always a good sight.”
    Following subsequent comments by some voices in the Jewish community – usually identified with right-wing Middle East politics – that identified Aboushi as an extremist, the Anti-Defamation League and the American Jewish Committee called for an end to the criticism of the player.
    Aboushi, said a statement issued by the AJC, “was maliciously targeted” for speaking at the El-Bireh conference. “Maligning Oday Aboushi because of his ethnic background should be widely condemned by all Americans,” said AJC Executive Director David Harris. “We look forward to seeing him play in the NFL and wish him every success.”
    “Absolutely nothing in the public record suggests that Aboushi is anything other than a young American athlete who takes pride in his Palestinian heritage,” said ADL National Director Abraham Foxman. His participation in the El-Bireh conference “should not be used to tar him as an extremist. Being pro-Palestinian does not mean you’re an anti-Semite or an extremist.”
    In an interview this week in the New York Post, Aboushi denied that the accusations. “I have plenty of friends who are Jewish. I have teammates who are Jewish, and I was brought up with Jewish kids. I don’t think I’m a radical at all. I have never done any radical behavior.”
    The Jets did not respond to a request for comment by Aboushi on this topic.
    His parents immigrated about four decades from Beit Hanina, part of mostly Arab East Jerusalem. They ran a grocery store in the Sunset Park section of Brooklyn before moving to Staten Island.
    Aboushi, like his three brothers, attended Xaverian High School, a Catholic institution in Brooklyn.
    steve@jewishweek.org

http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/ne...ensive-lineman

Jets Insider VIP
    Leave it to Kelvin to dredge up eight day old news "stories already long defused

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    “Some of my best friends are Jewish."
    this stuff writes itself.

Hall Of Fame
    Solid thread.

It would be kind of cool if this guy has a long career. Just think of the number of times we will be able to do this story.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Leave it to Kelvin to dredge up eight day old news "stories already long defused
    hi jordy ! !

Hall Of Fame
    DUMP the thread. Tired of hearing about this guy already. I bet he isn't even going to make the team. Can't remember a 5th round pick getting this much attention. I understand it is not all his fault but it is what it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    DUMP the thread. Tired of hearing about this guy already. I bet he isn't even going to make the team. Can't remember a 5th round pick getting this much attention. I understand it is not all his fault but it is what it is.
    i think he'll most probably make our opening game roster.
    most of the reviews i've read have indicated that he's a pretty good OL.
    we need good OL.

cheers ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    i think he'll most probably make our opening game roster.
    most of the reviews i've read have indicated that he's a pretty good OL.
    we need good OL.

cheers ~ ~
    Plus you know with him being a terrorist and all it is good to have someone who can blow up the point of attack.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Actually not one bit of this is his fault.

This guy must have been brought up as an extremist. I mean, his Muslim parents sent him to Catholic school. Those narrow minded extremist ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    This guy must have been brought up as an extremist. I mean, his Muslim parents sent him to Catholic school. Those narrow minded extremist ****s.
    You are absolutely right! At the height of the Irish immigration the NYC protestant majority determined that the Irish weren't criminals due to their heritage but because of their dastardly Catholic upbringing! They actually took a bunch of the Irish children from their parents and sent them to the mid-west to be raised in a proper religious environment. Not a single cow ever filed a complaint for criminal activity from these properly reared Irish kids!

Let's hope he can overcome the brainwashing.