Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez: I'll 'absolutely' start

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    If they could make the sacrifice and be here, awesome. If they can't, that's totally fine...

Some of the key players who worked out with Sanchez at "Jets West" included Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Chris Ivory, Konrad Reuland, Jeff Cumberland and Kellen Winslow....
    I think the sacrifice thing is a nicely veiled zinger

And for those in the other thread that felt Geno's workouts took precedence, building relationships and timing with the guys who did show up is invaluable. Many are in their own competitions and the reality is if they get a jump start aligning with Mark they will stay tight and not split their attention to adjust to 2 different QBs. I still think it was a bad decision on Geno's part.

Interesting that Goodson didn't show.

I'm disappointed Hayden isn't there. Edit: Never mind, just saw he's the one getting married.

Finally, I think Hill went to the Cromartie camp as well. Sounds like the dude is really motivated to make up for last year.
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 07-13-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I like the confidence. Now go do something with it for once, you Nacho.
    My sentiments exactly. A young woman in a cheerleading skirt and a Jets thong, just shakin that azz for me. Agreed with what you said too.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I wish Sanchez could have acted half this confident last year. I was extremely hopeful that he could turn things around and was shocked at how awful he played. Part of that could have been due to how opposed I was to Tebow being on the team. Now, I don't believe a word Sanchez says- he's sounding scripted- it's easy to say you're going to play better and win the starting job but a daunting task to follow through. Not to mention that he looks like a p**** with that girly hair/headband on- he should go play soccer once the Jets cut him.
    4 words. Tony Sparano Rex Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    My sentiments exactly. A young woman in a cheerleading skirt and a Jets thong, just shakin that azz for me. Agreed with what you said too.
    lol, I had to take a second to think about what you said. ROFL.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Yeah, he showed Harbaugh that he's too limited to take the 49ers to the promised land.

Geno Smith is our Kaepernick and it's only a matter of time before the job is his. And yes, like Kaepernick, Geno has big time upside. He throws a beautiful ball, has a strong arm, and runs in the 4.5s. It's up to the Jets not to **** this one up.
    Smith is not a natural runner. Not as if 40 times mean anything, but even saying he runs in the 4.5's is almost misleading, he squeaked into the 4.5's with a 4.59 at the combine. That's not slow, especially for a QB, but again 40 times don't always correlate to running ability. Even his highlight runs he's a bit of a lumbering beast once he gets moving. Which is fine, we need a pass-first QB. Expecting him to be anywhere near Kaepernick as a runner is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    I The possibility still remains that he can put it together and perform at a high level for this team under this OC. He'll have every opportunity to prove that.
    He will not and cannot perform at a high level, he is not a starting level caliber QB in any way. And despite what people think the WC offense is the worst fit for Sanchez. He is horrible. What more do you need to see to realize this?

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Smith is not a natural runner. Not as if 40 times mean anything, but even saying he runs in the 4.5's is almost misleading, he squeaked into the 4.5's with a 4.59 at the combine. That's not slow, especially for a QB, but again 40 times don't always correlate to running ability. Even his highlight runs he's a bit of a lumbering beast once he gets moving. Which is fine, we need a pass-first QB. Expecting him to be anywhere near Kaepernick as a runner is setting yourself up for disappointment.
    agreed geno is fast for a QB but not a runner. his legs are like toothpicks... I don't want him taking those kind of hits

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    He throws the ball better than Kaepernick did coming out. He's a pass first, pass second, and pass third guy. But he definitely has wheels and legit 4.5 speed.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez doesn't hate losing enough.

The rest is a Victoria's Secret story arc.

I do think we will be seeing him open the season as the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    He will not and cannot perform at a high level, he is not a starting level caliber QB in any way. And despite what people think the WC offense is the worst fit for Sanchez. He is horrible. What more do you need see to realize this?
    One thing is certain, Mark has always been able to talk the talk, we heard it for three years, how he and Shotty were going to light it up. Then last season how Sparano system was going to be so simple and how this offense was going to surprise everyone.
    Problem is Mark has never been able to back it up and walk the walk.
    I am fine if Mark wins the practice competition and is chosen to start. I just want to know that Geno is getting enough reps, that when Mark starts craping the bed in actual games, Geno will be prepared to go.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    One thing is certain, Mark has always been able to talk the talk, we heard it for three years, how he and Shotty were going to light it up. Then last season how Sparano system was going to be so simple and how this offense was going to surprise everyone.
    Problem is Mark has never been able to back it up and walk the walk.
    I am fine if Mark wins the practice competition and is chosen to start. I just want to know that Geno is getting enough reps, that when Mark starts craping the bed in actual games, Geno will be prepared to go.
    Exactly. A big part of this on why the Jets are going to their 3rd OC in 3 years is because of the way Sanchez has played. I'm not saying Schotty and Sparano were Bill Walsh and Joe Gibbs. But we all despised Schotty when he was here, and I did as much as most Jets fans....but lets look at the Rams last year. Their weapons were just as bad as ours yet Bradford had 21 TDs 13 INTs, about 60% comp. and 3700 yards.

Practice Squad
    I'm not being sucked in by Mark talking confident anymore. This guy just isn't any good. How long do we have to fall for the Banana in the Tailpipe before we recognize the old trick. Mark is a charmer. I'm sure he uses that very well with the lovely ladies he's with, but on the field he's a fraud. Geno isn't as outgoing and gifted with his speech, but he can throw it.

Geno is FAR more accurate and can make the pass on out patterns without making a pick 6 like Mark has done his whole career, with his lame duck passes. Geno can gun it into tight spots and has accuracy on those too. Really there's just no comparing the 2 when it comes to throwing the ball. How many QB's have you ever seen throw as many screen passes for interceptions as Sanchez. No one supporting Mark can excuse those away. It's a joke that we even have to keep discussing this.

Mark is a nice guy, but he's been skating by all these years cuz we never had any real competition for the job. Now we do and it's time to stop believing the hype we get every year from Mark that he's finally got it.

Change the word "START" to "SUCK" and Mark would be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He throws the ball better than Kaepernick did coming out. He's a pass first, pass second, and pass third guy. But he definitely has wheels and legit 4.5 speed.
    This!
    He's athletic enough to be a real pain in the azz!
    Nothing more frustrating than a QB on 3rd down jogging for a 1st down & sliding down after an easy 1st down to get another 3 downs.
    I have no idea what happened to Sanchez but other than not sliding, he had much more awareness in 2009-2010 than the last 2 years?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This!
    He's athletic enough to be a real pain in the azz!
    Nothing more frustrating than a QB on 3rd down jogging for a 1st down & sliding down after an easy 1st down to get another 3 downs.
    I have no idea what happened to Sanchez but other than not sliding, he had much more awareness in 2009-2010 than the last 2 years?
    In 2011 Sanchez had 26 td's and 6 rushing for a total of 32.. Eli Manning's best total was 31 in a season.. The Buttfumbler had 2 more rushing td's in 2011 then Eli has had in his career..

Practice Squad
    Eh, all Sanchez does is talk big. Once the season starts, be prepared for the usual assortment of lines. " we gotta clean a few things up", we had a good week of practice", etc,etc,etc. and if course you won't hear him say *I* gotta play better.

Jets Insider VIP
    God help us

I will not go to the games with Suckchez at the helm any more.
    Enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    I will not go to the games with Suckchez at the helm any more.
    Enough.
    At this point, he is what he is.

I have no damn clue how some are STILL holding out hope that Sanchez can turn it around.

For every Steve Young, Rich Gannon or Jim Plunkett...there are 100 Vince Young's, Joey Harrington's and Matt Leinart's.

The kid sucks and if it wasn't for the silly ass contract extension that Tanny gave him, Idzik would've kicked his ass out the door months ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    4 words. Tony Sparano Rex Ryan.
    So which is it for the whiners. Does Rex have nothing to do with the O, gets blamed for not being involved or did he hold back Sanchez? That would mean he is involved.

Have to make up your mind and pick the right excuse for Sanchez sucking, he just can't suck like every other draft pick who doesn;t work out. Can't be.

Now tell me who ruined Ducasse and all the other bums we've drafted. Ducasse gets killed too, lets come up with someone to blame for him too.