Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez: I'll 'absolutely' start

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    I will not go to the games with Suckchez at the helm any more.
    Enough.
    Can I have your tickets?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So which is it for the whiners. Does Rex have nothing to do with the O, gets blamed for not being involved or did he hold back Sanchez? That would mean he is involved.

Have to make up your mind and pick the right excuse for Sanchez sucking, he just can't suck like every other draft pick who doesn;t work out. Can't be.

Now tell me who ruined Ducasse and all the other bums we've drafted. Ducasse gets killed too, lets come up with someone to blame for him too.
    Tannenbaum was always and forever the one to blame for Vladimir Ducasse. An honorable mention does go out to Bill Callahan on that decision. The buck always stops with the GM unless you have and owner like Jerry Jones or Al Davis and even then the buck stops with the GM because it is his choice whether or not to walk away from a GM set up like that.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Alex Smith started "showing something" when he had a top running game and OLine. Even so, David Akers was the best part of their Offense.
    Judges say this is 100% correct.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Now tell me who ruined Ducasse and all the other bums we've drafted. Ducasse gets killed too, lets come up with someone to blame for him too.
    To be fair, while Ducasse was draft way to early, he was not given the starters role without question. He was not allow to start and continue to do so in spite of repeated mistakes.
    I was one who believe Ducasse would come around, the kid is a physical freak and would be a force if he could get the mental part of the game down. Yet, I not giving a pass to anyone anymore. Vlad will have to show he has learn something in his two years and prove he belongs in his third T/C or be cut.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Can I have your tickets?
    I assume you love Sunchez as QB? Would not have enough of him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    In 2011 Sanchez had 26 td's and 6 rushing for a total of 32.. Eli Manning's best total was 31 in a season.. The Buttfumbler had 2 more rushing td's in 2011 then Eli has had in his career..
    Mark Sanchez has never had a real offensive coordinator in the NFL. Good point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shuler View Post
    Eh, . and if course you won't hear him say *I* gotta play better.

Then again you might

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/01...50&tagID=12755

"I've got to play better for us to win," he said. "I can't throw it to them three times."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    Then again you might

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/01...50&tagID=12755

"I've got to play better for us to win," he said. "I can't throw it to them three times."
    and then he went out and threw to them time and time and time again in every game we had to suffer watching

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Mark Sanchez has never had a real offensive coordinator in the NFL. Good point.
    And jets OCs haven't had a real NFL type qb to work with in past 4 years..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So which is it for the whiners. Does Rex have nothing to do with the O, gets blamed for not being involved or did he hold back Sanchez? That would mean he is involved.

Have to make up your mind and pick the right excuse for Sanchez sucking, he just can't suck like every other draft pick who doesn;t work out. Can't be.

Oh no question Rex had his fingerprints all over the offense. He mandated G&P which had everyone happy in 2009-2010 when they had the horses and RB's to use that scheme. Since then G&P has been as useful as a condom at Cro's house. But Rex had the vision of how to run a team - a myopic vision and when it failed his QB and offense in total bore the brunt for his shortsightedness.

Mikey T shares some blame in not restocking the cupboards. Also Sanchez was pitiful last year but as I've said countless times what QB would have flourished in the Rex/Sparano G&P scheme with the boatload of talent they had on O last year.

MM/Lee is a step in right direction. let them design and call the O and hopefully with an infusion of talent in the next couple years they may finally have am O to talk about. Blaming Sanchez is the lame excuse for an orginizational failure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Oh no question Rex had his fingerprints all over the offense. He mandated G&P which had everyone happy in 2009-2010 when they had the horses and RB's to use that scheme. Since then G&P has been as useful as a condom at Cro's house. But Rex had the vision of how to run a team - a myopic vision and when it failed his QB and offense in total bore the brunt for his shortsightedness.

Mikey T shares some blame in not restocking the cupboards. Also Sanchez was pitiful last year but as I've said countless times what QB would have flourished in the Rex/Sparano G&P scheme with the boatload of talent they had on O last year.

MM/Lee is a step in right direction. let them design and call the O and hopefully with an infusion of talent in the next couple years they may finally have am O to talk about. Blaming Sanchez is the lame excuse for an orginizational failure.
    Nice keywords, and guesswork on your part, but what is ground and pound? Were we really doing that, or was that just a word that was thrown around. The schemes, or lack of a scheme seemed to us laymen to be completely different from Shotty to Sporano. You don't have to confuse us with all the technical details, but if you just explain to us the general philosophy that Rex was using on offense, that might go a long way toward convincing us. What was the general blocking scheme, and what type of routes were they running. How were they trying to set up the run, with different looks, or different plays from the same looks. That type of thing. We're not all as observant as you are obviously, so you have to forgive our ignorance.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Message to Sanchez...

Mark....brother... You have to know the entire NFL thinks you are a douche...you have to know....Please....don't make matters worse... Drop the headbands, it makes you look like a total moron, like little pink ribbons in your hair... Now your wearing different colors? Booby, stop, not a good look for you, especially now...aspire to be Trent Dilfer, just don't make &$@ ups, manage the game, let the defense win for you, nothing special needed from you, just don't be a moron...and drop the headbands, have some self respect, do you understand how humiliating you are to your teammates? Please, listen to me...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only thing he should start is swimming with the sharks in Newport Beach

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez is a front runner. He only looks serviceable when everything around him is good. In 2011 and 2012, they gave him more responsibility and he was terrible. In fact, when things aren't going his way, he tends to **** the bed even more. As Steve Young says, Mark Sanchez "accelerates the down." The longer you stick with Sanchez, the longer you'll be stuck in futility. He is NOT the guy. He had it good in college with that USC roster and his first two years with the Jets. You're not always going to have all that talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZ9bSijSlQ
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 07-14-2013 at 09:48 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This!
    He's athletic enough to be a real pain in the azz!
    Nothing more frustrating than a QB on 3rd down jogging for a 1st down & sliding down after an easy 1st down to get another 3 downs.
    I have no idea what happened to Sanchez but other than not sliding, he had much more awareness in 2009-2010 than the last 2 years?
    The other thing you like about Geno is he is good against pressure. That's always a good sign. Was Sanchez even touched at USC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOMUjoTOyI

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He throws the ball better than Kaepernick did coming out. He's a pass first, pass second, and pass third guy. But he definitely has wheels and legit 4.5 speed.
    That's just nonsense. Kaepernick has a cannon and is dead on accurate. I haven't seen a QB throw the ball as well as him in years. Geno is a nice prospect, but he doesn't come close to any of the physical abilities of Kaepernick. If Kaepernick stays healthy and masters the mental aspect of the game he could be a QB for the ages.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

He mandated G&P because he correctly identified that this team was built to win, with D and had a QB who was raw and inexperienced. Sanchez wasn't going to come out gunning the ball all over the field. On top of the D the team had a great OL with a good set of backs.

Calling this myopic vision and shortsightedness is to be clueless to the way this teams roster shook out.

But hey, you think that MM and Lee are a step in the right direction, using your logic the credit goes to Rex too. But then you blow it blaming Rex and the org instead of opening your eyes and admitting that Sanchez sucks. On his own. The blame falls on the player.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-14-2013 at 10:06 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The other thing you like about Geno is he is good against pressure. That's always a good sign. Was Sanchez even touched at USC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOMUjoTOyI
    He had some good plays, but too be fair, some bad ones too in that video. Fumbles may be an issue at the next level

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    That's just nonsense. Kaepernick has a cannon and is dead on accurate. I haven't seen a QB throw the ball as well as him in years. Geno is a nice prospect, but he doesn't come close to any of the physical abilities of Kaepernick. If Kaepernick stays healthy and masters the mental aspect of the game he could be a QB for the ages.
    I'm talking about Kaepernick coming out of college. Go watch the Nevada-Maryland bowl game and tell me if you thought Kaepernick was going to be a good QB.

There's a reason he wasn't a first rounder, with his size, cannon, and legs. And I disagree with you saying he's dead on accurate. I don't think he is.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 07-14-2013 at 10:26 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    He had some good plays, but too be fair, some bad ones too in that video. Fumbles may be an issue at the next level
    He was getting nailed regularly. Of course he was going to fumble. Most QBs are going to fumble when they get hit that much. The point is that he hangs in there and makes some great throws.