Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: NY Giants WR Victor Cruz Sends Threatening Tweet

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets2K5 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong and you are a true Jets fan.

    But, does this board condone your personal attacks and name calling?

    "idiot, imbecile" - really??? Very adult of you.

    Another pathetic attempt to change the focus that Cruz should be cut for his statements.
    How the hell am I changing the focus? I already told you why what he said was fine. I've already confronted and explained the issue. Then you go and run your mouth about some **** that isn't even REMOTELY accurate and accuse ME of changing the focus? Please sterilize yourself. PLEASE.


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post

    If you want to know what encourages violence consider that one out of seventeen Floridians has a concealed-carry permit. .
    As a demographic, Florida concealed carry permit holders have the lowest incident of any kind of crime in the state.

    To obtain a concealed carry permit you need to undergo an extensive back ground check.

    An armed society is a polite society.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Please sterilize yourself. PLEASE.

    Another personal attack?

    Where are the mod's on this board?

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets2K5 View Post
    An armed society is a polite society.
    So laughable. Being polite is a civic choice - not something engendered by the veiled threat of violence.

    Canada is a polite society. And yes, if the US states had the same peace-index level as Canada we'd spend $89 billion less a year on policing and incarceration.

    Here's a list of the safest and most dangerous states in the US for 2012:
    http://www.infoplease.com/us/states/...us-states.html

    There's Florida down at #47.

  5. #25
    From PFT

    (Marcus Vick, the brother of Eagles quarterback Mike Vick, continued a theme he began during the prosecution’s closing argument. ”Like I said before, a dogs life mean more then a human of color,” Marcus Vick said. ”My people’s did 2 years over some bull**** when this dude took a human life. Y’all MF’s sick. . . . Zimmerman u peace of DOG **** if I ever seen u I would run up n let u beat my ass then I’ll pop u right between the eyes u cricket *****.”)

    This guy could not get a conceal carry permit in Florida, but I bet he'd be carrying, just like AH was in NE.

    Enforce the existing laws! Don't penalize law abiding citizens.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    So laughable. Being polite is a civic choice - not something engendered by the veiled threat of violence.
    .
    Do you dispute the facts?

    As a demographic, Florida concealed carry permit holders have the lowest incident of any kind of crime in the state.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets2K5 View Post
    Do you dispute the facts?

    As a demographic, Florida concealed carry permit holders have the lowest incident of any kind of crime in the state.
    I don't know that as any fact at all. And the issue in the Zimmerman case contradicts your point and is significantly more complicated than it: Zimmerman created a violent situation that led to the death of an unarmed teenager on his way home - why? Because Zimmerman had a gun. Because Zimmerman had a gun. Because Zimmerman had a gun.

    He could have been 'polite' and let the cops (the professionals) handle his concern. But he didn't - because he had a gun. And with the insane stand-your-ground law now a citizen can dangerously escalate a public situation because of their own flawed assessment of that situation - emboldened by the presence of their legal firearm - and then discharge it due to a situation of their own doing and claim innocence under the law.

    That in a nutshell is what happened in this case. I am not against CC per se - but when you combine it with these stand-your-ground laws, it's far too much of a potent mixture to put in the hands of ordinary citizens. So you get what we have here. I only wonder how long until the next case . . so sad.
    Last edited by adpz; 07-14-2013 at 04:06 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I don't know that as any fact at all.
    It is a fact, deal with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    And the issue in the Zimmerman case directly contradicts your point: Zimmerman created a situation that led to the death of an unarmed teenager on his way home - why? Because Zimmerman had a gun. Because Zimmerman had a gun. Because Zimmerman had a gun.
    There are more homicides commited by unarmed people than by armed people. That's a fact, you don't need a gun to kill someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    And with the insane stand-your-ground law now a citizen can dangerously escalate a public situation because they are emboldened by the presence of their legal firearm and then discharge it due to a situation of their own doing and claim innocence under the law.
    The Zimmerman defense did NOT use "stand your ground". He was on the ground and could not retreat any further.

    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    That in a nutshell is what happened in this case. I am not against CC per se - but when you combine it with these stand-your-ground laws, it's far too much of a potent mixture to put in the hands of ordinary citizens. So you get what we have here. I only wonder how long until the next case . . so sad.
    And Trayvon Martin didn't strike the first punch and then proceed to a full MMA mount and ground and pound a "soft small white-hispanic".

    Self defense is justified.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets2K5 View Post
    It is a fact, deal with it.



    There are more homicides commited by unarmed people than by armed people. That's a fact, you don't need a gun to kill someone.



    The Zimmerman defense did NOT use "stand your ground". He was on the ground and could not retreat any further.



    And Trayvon Martin didn't strike the first punch and then proceed to a full MMA mount and ground and pound a "soft small white-hispanic".

    Self defense is justified.

    Killing someone is never justified but because the Prosecution FAILED to provide that proof, Twinkie-man is free......free to GO INTO HIDING, that is. You really think he's not "concerned" what awaits him going forward?

    Anyway, back on-topic : I could care less what a GIANTS player is tweeting, ESPECIALLY Victor Cruz.

    Let me know if CRO remembered the names of the rest of his children and tweeted that....THAT is more interesting.

  10. #30
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,203
    There is a thread on this in the politics forum.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us