Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

Jets Insider VIP
    There's been a lot of misinformation about this case. And while the Hampur is all about misinformation, this thread should be dumped.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Two points.

Firstly, if someone is follwing me around at night in semi secluded streets then I would absolutely assume that THEY are getting ready to do violence to me. Like 99% of the male population I assume, if you are being followed around at night by a stange man then that other man better be prepared to fight. Period.

There is not such thing as a "scuffle broke out". This was instigated by the actions of a wannabe cop and all pupouse loser.

Secondly, it was George Zimmerman who brought the loaded gun to this party. Nobody else. Without a gun nobody is dead here. The fact that there is a dead person is 100% the fault of Geroge Zimmerman and he should rot in jail for a long time. If he does not get jail time for this then I hope he spends many many miserable years in fear for his own life.

The real issue here is absurd gun laws which make this kind of tragedy even possible.
    I think your assumption of 99% of the male population is the thing that is absurd. Really your ego makes you want to throw a punch rather than just walk/run away to your father's (girlfriends?) house which was around the corner? You put no responsibility on Trayvon for making the incident physical because "that is what 99% of men would do"? What world do you live in?

When I took karate as a teenager the first thing they taught is to do everything you can to get out of a situation without fighting. Just because you can fight or think you are tough doesn't mean the other guy isn't better trained or better armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post

When I took karate as a teenager the first thing they taught is to do everything you can to get out of a situation without fighting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    lol Exactly!!!

We have a Poli-Sci Forum for threads like this.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I think your assumption of 99% of the male population is the thing that is absurd. Really your ego makes you want to throw a punch rather than just walk/run away to your father's (girlfriends?) house which was around the corner? You put no responsibility on Trayvon for making the incident physical because "that is what 99% of men would do"? What world do you live in?

When I took karate as a teenager the first thing they taught is to do everything you can to get out of a situation without fighting. Just because you can fight or think you are tough doesn't mean the other guy isn't better trained or better armed.
    Sorry but If someone if following me around on dark streets at night and THAT PERSON is a stranger to me then the immediate and correct response is that this person intends to do me harm.

Period. End of story.

THAT PERSON is absolutley and by his actions precipitating a confrontation.

Period. End of story.

If it later turns out the THAT PERSON brought a loaded firearm into that situation, remember? The one HE PRECIPITATED, then yes, he is absolutely responsible for what happens after that.

If someone gets shot and killed with a firearm that you brought into the situation and as a result of a confrontration that you precipitated volentarily then yes, you should go to jail for that IMO. Decades (plural) at the very least.

<edited to add>

The real answer here is to take the guns away from the wannabe cops and sent a message. Kill somebody and you are going to jail. Do not pass go do not do any interviews with Sean Hannity and do not collect $200.

Having people like George Zimmerman on our streets carrying around a loaded weapon is the issue here. It is the only issue here. He was not trained for this and HIS erorrs in judgement cost another human being his life.
    Last edited by EM31; 07-15-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry but If someone if following me around on dark streets at night and THAT PERSON is a stranger to me then the immediate and correct response is that this person intends to do me harm.

Period. End of story.

Period. End of story.

If it later turns out the THAT PERSON brought a loaded firearm into that situation, remember? The one HE PRECIPITATED, then yes, he is absolutely responsible for what happens after that.

If someone gets shot and killed with a firearm that you brought into the situation and as a result of a confrontration that you precipitated volentarily then yes, you should go to jail for that IMO. Decades (plural) at the very least.

<edited to add>

The real answer here is to take the guns away from the wannabe cops and sent a message. Kill somebody and you are going to jail. Do not pass go do not do any interviews with Sean Hannity and do not collect $200.

Having people like George Zimmerman on our streets carrying around a loaded weapon is the issue here. It is the only issue here. He was not trained for this and HIS erorrs in judgement cost another human being his life.
    Good use of the word 'precipitated' you already got 3 uses for your word of the day.

Of course when that person with the gun shoots and kills you it is:

The end of your life. Period. End of story

You do then get to feel tough as you are bleeding out though. Much better than taking the civilized path of talking or getting away from a bad situation. Someone asking you a question or even following you is not justification for physical action in the eyes of the law or even common sense.

Jets Insider VIP

Period. End of story.

Period. End of story.

<edited to add>

its a good thing you're not a judge because you obviously know NOTHING about legal matters or current law. And that hasn't slowed you down one bit.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    I think you misunderstand the issue in question. It's not about white v black. it's about the imbalance in the justice system that has devalued the life of a black man in this country from it's very inception. There is no equal justice in this country and never has been. It should not be that a young black male can be killed like this and it's almost acceptable. This is not the 1st time nor will it be the last time something like this happens.

Remember that until other leaders and Sharpton got involved there wasn't even going to be a trial. If someone followed you and tracked you down in the dark on your way home and then shot you dead after a scuffle, do you think your family wouldn't expect justice for your murder? Well blacks in this country are targeted by law enforcement at an alarming rate and the conviction rates are lopsided compared to other ethnic groups. You also have all the economic and educational imbalances which have long be a problem for African Americans in this country.
    Your obviously racist in that sense that you don't even realize it. And you guys think the south has race issues. A black man in Arkansas is just a man like god intended. Some people choose to see color, but most just see the man for who he is.
    Its absolutely childish what you've commented. If the media and public opinion stayed of the trials then all would seem less imbalanced.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    We have a Poli-Sci Forum for threads like this.
    Go there and wait for us. Honest, we'll be right there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I don't think you understand how the Hampur works. This wasn't meant to be serious. For serious, please visit the 50+ page free-for-all in the PolSci forum.

Back on topic; Any chance and Chaz Bono can be in the same room at the same time?

That's hilarious. I hope when lifetime makes a movie about this, they use Chaz Bono to play Zimmerman. It looks just like him.

Veteran
    Wait... scratch Lifetime, this story has no women being mistreated so we'll have to look for on Spike or something like court tv.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    That's hilarious. I hope when lifetime makes a movie about this, they use Chaz Bono to play Zimmerman. It looks just like him.

lol "it"

In other news, if you have a problem with the verdict then don't do everything in your power to skip jury duty next time you're summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by star95 View Post
    They had what 18 months to get prepared for this and nothing.
    How in the world does he approach that T according to his video confusion get punch and end up facing down in the opposite direction? He had two flashlights one ended up like 30 feet from the incident the other one was never photographed why? How does he get his gun out of his holster if what he says is true that he only pulled it out only after TM was going for it? The persecution should have pushed there theory that the Gun was already out and GZ was going on a hunting expedition pure and simple no reason to get out of his car no reason to shoot a young man dead for those superficial wounds nothing life threatening about them. If he was getting bashed into the cement with the force his defense attorney claimed where is the stitches on the back of his head? Plus how does a man who out weighs him by 50 pound end up on the ground on the opposite direction to where he was walking?
    Have you been drinking? Only mass quantities of Jagermeister can produce such an abomination of the English language.

Seriously dude, that was tough to read.

Regardless of what we believe the facts to be about what happened that night, the prosecution was unable to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. The only thing that could have helped their case was Martin himself (which we know is not possible), or another credible eyewitness who saw the entire encounter from beginning to end (who does not exist). The state never had a chance...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

M'kay.

Off to the Politics and world events forum with the lot of 'ye.

Jeebus.

-