Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cape Cod Trip

Cape Cod Trip

*****es?

I'm staying in Yarmouth Port for two nights next week. Any suggestions on things to do/see/eat?

And yes, let me beat you to the punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZCue6VsMSU

Stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Stay away.

Gina's by the Sea in Dennis one town East used to be great, it's been a few years.

Gina's by the Sea in Dennis one town East used to be great, it's been a few years.
    Ok I'll check it out. Also, the girlfriend isn't a big fish eater so I'll have to find a place that has other options. That said I'm not missing out on some Cape Cod seafood.

The Beachcomber

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Ok I'll check it out. Also, the girlfriend isn't a big fish eater so I'll have to find a place that has other options. That said I'm not missing out on some Cape Cod seafood.

That choice of words may not end well for you

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    That choice of words may not end well for you
    Borgo would be having a coronary...if he wasn't snubbed by a mod just to watch him cry.

Borgo would be having a coronary...if he wasn't snubbed by a mod just to watch him cry.
    Really... was that a permaban?!

Because it was not worthy of Permaban... ESPECIALLY considering how long that assclown SAR was allowed to be a gigantic vagina.

Do you want drive or stay in YP? $ or $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    The Beachcomber
    Looks sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Really... was that a permaban?!

Because it was not worthy of Permaban... ESPECIALLY considering how long that assclown SAR was allowed to be a gigantic vagina.
    I have no clue, but I doubt it.

Do you want drive or stay in YP?
    Very happy to drive especially for day trips.

Not afraid of $$$ if it's worth it.

Herring Cove Beach in Provincetown is supposed to be a hoot!

Tip: bring a raincoat with you cause it can get dark and stormy pretty quick out there!

Jets Insider VIP
    Old Yarmouth Inn for brunch

Hall Of Fame

Not afraid of $$$ if it's worth it.
    the unemployed have all the cash

You're in my neighborhood. Some good and some bad tips here. Gina's is a good rec. for basic Italian. Hasn't changed in decades. It's in an old funky house that gets very loud, crowded, and hot. Expect a sizable wait. Ross, the owner is an old friend of mine. I like it, but if you're only here for two nights, you could do better. One of the best in the area is The Ocean House in Dennisport. One of the few places with great food right on the water. Skip the Old Yarmouth Inn unless you want to be surrounded by blue hairs.

Beachcomber can be a blast. Go during the day and you get the bonus of free beach parking which is usually $25. It's a beach bar with decent food and killer raw bar. While in the area stop for pastry at the French bakery called PB Boulangerie. You can't get better in Paris. Herring Cove Beach is the only legal nude beach in the US Park system. If you want to hang out with all the other boys, have at it. Don't avoid PTown if you've never been unless you're completely homophobic. It's a great party town with some of our best restaurants, galleries, and nightlife. Just outside of town is Race Point where you might see whales breaching out of the water. Miles of unspoiled dunes and beaches, too.

Where are you staying? If it's the Colonial House Inn, cancel immediately and book elsewhere. The place is a dump and they suck people in with old photos.

Have a blast in my little paradise. Feel free to PM any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    the unemployed have all the cash
    Watch for how to be helpful...

wait for it..

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You're in my neighborhood. Some good and some bad tips here. Gina's is a good rec. for basic Italian. Hasn't changed in decades. It's in an old funky house that gets very loud, crowded, and hot. Expect a sizable wait. Ross, the owner is an old friend of mine. I like it, but if you're only here for two nights, you could do better. One of the best in the area is The Ocean House in Dennisport. One of the few places with great food right on the water. Skip the Old Yarmouth Inn unless you want to be surrounded by blue hairs.

Beachcomber can be a blast. Go during the day and you get the bonus of free beach parking which is usually $25. It's a beach bar with decent food and killer raw bar. While in the area stop for pastry at the French bakery called PB Boulangerie. You can't get better in Paris. Herring Cove Beach is the only legal nude beach in the US Park system. If you want to hang out with all the other boys, have at it. Don't avoid PTown if you've never been unless you're completely homophobic. It's a great party town with some of our best restaurants, galleries, and nightlife. Just outside of town is Race Point where you might see whales breaching out of the water. Miles of unspoiled dunes and beaches, too.

Where are you staying? If it's the Colonial House Inn, cancel immediately and book elsewhere. The place is a dump and they suck people in with old photos.

Have a blast in my little paradise. Feel free to PM any questions.
    There it is. Thank you sir I shall google these immediately.

Watch for how to be helpful...

wait for it..

There it is. Thank you sir I shall google these immediately.
    You guys should get togther.

You guys should get togther.
    Me you and Guido? Dinner like gentlemen?

I'm just not sure how to break that one to the 'ol ball and chain. "You see these guys I know online from the Jets site... no I've never met them... no actually well technically they are Patriots fans I guess. I know that's confusing. You know what just forget it."

A few more tips....

Do something that most people don't and miss out. When you drive over the Sagamore Bridge to get onto the Cape, take the very first exit. Got to the end of the exit and take a right. That will get you onto Rte 6A where you'll drive through through the villages of Sandwich, then Barnstable, and finally Yarmouth. It only adds about 15 minutes to your trip but it's very quaint and scenic with many old Captains homes and nice views. Don't be afraid to take a few side trips to see the shore (all to the left as you drive toward Yarmouth). Especially nice is Keveny Lane in Yarmouthport. Trust me.

Hyannis Whale Watch cruises out of Barnstable harbor. Great thing to do if you've never done one. About 3 hours and $40 or so. You'll see tons of humpbacks this time of year, and it's a nice ride. There a smaller boat that does 2 hr. ecotours of the marsh for only $25. Bring a six pack of cans for the sunset cruise. really scenic on this side of the Cape.

Go to Chatham and sight see. Great downtown village. Awesome beaches and just a nice place to drive around. Some good restaurants (Chatham Squire for pub food, fried seafood, burgers and beer) or Impudent Oyster for fancier, yet casual fare. Both are better at lunch than dinner.

Cape Cod Baseball League starts this week. This is baseball as it should be. Free to watch top college prospects. Scenic old timey ballparks. Chatham, Orleans, and Cotuit are the best fields. Bring a blanket. $2 hot dogs and they pass the hat for donations mid game. There's tons to do. Free band concerts, scenic train rides, drive in movies, great beaches, just depends what you like.

I could go on and on. I love my little sandbar and I'm always sorry to hear when people visit and all they see is the congestion and honky-tonk that makes up most of the south side along Rte 28.

http://barnstableecotours.com/
    http://whales.net/
    http://www.capecodbaseball.org/
    http://www.capecodmusic.com/townband.html
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 06-10-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Me you and Guido? Dinner like gentlemen?

I'm just not sure how to break that one to the 'ol ball and chain. "You see these guys I know online from the Jets site... no I've never met them... no actually well technically they are Patriots fans I guess. I know that's confusing. You know what just forget it."
    I would Carlton, but your gal would surely fall for me and dump you like moldy cheese. Then we'd be real enemies for life.

I have no problem giving my opinions and advice though, obviously.