Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

George Zimmerman Trial

Anybody heard anything about it? When does the trial start?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    LMAO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    as soon as they sort out all that nonsense with the Beatles White Album

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe the verdict, how could they find OJ not guilty? Stupid glove..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't ****, you must acquit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Screwed up thing is, this case has gone Helter Skelter. Its like white opinion vs black opinion. Thats horrible. George Zimmerman isn't even a cracka. He's like Mexican with a jewish name. Jesse and Al started this.
    When are people gonna stop with the seperation between the races and live like Rodney King asked us to. Can't we all just get along.

Its a shame that Travon died, but I've got a license to carry and and if he or anyone else beat me into the concrete, they'd be dead and this thread would be about me.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Screwed up thing is, this case has gone Helter Skelter. Its like white opinion vs black opinion. Thats horrible. George Zimmerman isn't even a cracka. He's like Mexican with a jewish name. Jesse and Al started this.
    When are people gonna stop with the seperation between the races and live like Rodney King asked us to. Can't we all just get along.

Its a shame that Travon died, but I've got a license to carry and and if he or anyone else beat me into the concrete, they'd be dead and this thread would be about me.
    I think you misunderstand the issue in question. It's not about white v black. it's about the imbalance in the justice system that has devalued the life of a black man in this country from it's very inception. There is no equal justice in this country and never has been. It should not be that a young black male can be killed like this and it's almost acceptable. This is not the 1st time nor will it be the last time something like this happens.

Remember that until other leaders and Sharpton got involved there wasn't even going to be a trial. If someone followed you and tracked you down in the dark on your way home and then shot you dead after a scuffle, do you think your family wouldn't expect justice for your murder? Well blacks in this country are targeted by law enforcement at an alarming rate and the conviction rates are lopsided compared to other ethnic groups. You also have all the economic and educational imbalances which have long be a problem for African Americans in this country.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post

If someone followed you and tracked you down in the dark on your way home and then shot you dead after a scuffle
    Your inability (as well as MSNBC and other liberal outlets) to accept the facts in this case is amazing. Zim shot the man in self defense, in fear for his life. Why are you having a problem with that. Zim was attacked, knocked down, and was being beaten upon. What was he supposed to do, let him continue?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post

I think you misunderstand the issue in question. It's not about white v black. it's about the imbalance in the justice system that has devalued the life of a black man in this country from it's very inception. There is no equal justice in this country and never has been. It should not be that a young black male can be killed like this and it's almost acceptable. This is not the 1st time nor will it be the last time something like this happens.

Remember that until other leaders and Sharpton got involved there wasn't even going to be a trial. If someone followed you and tracked you down in the dark on your way home and then shot you dead after a scuffle, do you think your family wouldn't expect justice for your murder? Well blacks in this country are targeted by law enforcement at an alarming rate and the conviction rates are lopsided compared to other ethnic groups. You also have all the economic and educational imbalances which have long be a problem for African Americans in this country.
    I don't think you understand how the Hampur works. This wasn't meant to be serious. For serious, please visit the 50+ page free-for-all in the PolSci forum.

Back on topic; Any chance and Chaz Bono can be in the same room at the same time?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I don't think you understand how the Hampur works. This wasn't meant to be serious. For serious, please visit the 50+ page free-for-all in the PolSci forum.

Back on topic; Any chance and Chaz Bono can be in the same room at the same time?

That's hilarious...... Chaz Zimmerman. the procedure called...addadicktome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Your inability (as well as MSNBC and other liberal outlets) to accept the facts in this case is amazing. Zim shot the man in self defense, in fear for his life. Why are you having a problem with that. Zim was attacked, knocked down, and was being beaten upon. What was he supposed to do, let him continue?
    That is because you believe Zimmerman's account but you weren't there and you don't know if in fact Zimmerman started the altercation. In any event at what point did Martin have the right to defend himself from a stranger following and menacing him? It's all too easy to see Zimmerman's side despite the fact that he initiated the entire incident.

I have 2 sons and God forbid either of them found themselves in the same situation. Both my sons are young, educated and working, but none of that would matter in a case like this. Zimmerman would still have followed and confronted my sons in the same scenario. I myself despite being educated and employed have been profiled and suspected while doing nothing but being black and walking the street and one time in my own Office it happened!!! I was the only black male working for the largest Real Estate Management firm in NY and one of the Brokers didn't realize I worked there and thought I was going to mug her in a hallway leading to the section we all worked in. I was simply walking to my desk!!!

I've been dealing with this kind of crap my entire life. My father is a retired Police Lieutenant an he's been profiled! It doesn't matter what your station in life is. That's the problem with this mentality in America. Men in my family have all served in the Military going back generations and my people have been here since before the constitution was drawn up and still we can't get equal justice.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is because you believe Zimmerman's account but you weren't there and you don't know if in fact Zimmerman started the altercation. In any event at what point did Martin have the right to defend himself from a stranger following and menacing him? It's all too easy to see Zimmerman's side despite the fact that he initiated the entire incident.

I have 2 sons and God forbid either of them found themselves in the same situation. Both my sons are young, educated and working, but none of that would matter in a case like this. Zimmerman would still have followed and confronted my sons in the same scenario. I myself despite being educated and employed have been profiled and suspected while doing nothing but being black and walking the street and one time in my own Office it happened!!! I was the only black male working for the largest Real Estate Management firm in NY and one of the Brokers didn't realize I worked there and thought I was going to mug her in a hallway leading to the section we all worked in. I was simply walking to my desk!!!

I've been dealing with this kind of crap my entire life. My father is a retired Police Lieutenant an he's been profiled! It doesn't matter what your station in life is. That's the problem with this mentality in America. Men in my family have all served in the Military going back generations and my people have been here since before the constitution was drawn up and still we can't get equal justice.
    Just shut up already.
    I've been targeted PLENTY of times in many areas by people who SOMEHOW actually believe I have ANYTHING to do with "holding them down" even though they have lived a FAR better life than I have and actually probably have more opportunities.
    There IS NO SUCH THING AS EQUAL JUSTICE AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE.
    IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY and if you can't see that then you are dumb.
    So go beat down someone LEGALLY carrying a gun and see where it gets you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    He doesn't last a year on da streetz

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is because you believe Zimmerman's account but you weren't there and you don't know if in fact Zimmerman started the altercation.
    And you do? Interesting that I didn't see your name on the witness list?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leave Chance out of this or he'll never get adopted.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Just shut up already.
    You really must refrain from this kind of posting, it will get you booted.

Fair warning.

Anyway, this thread has clearly turned political and we already have a thread going in the Poli-forum. Feel free to move it over there and be civil please.

-

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe GZ is guilty but the prosecution did a horrible job.

They had what 18 months to get prepared for this and nothing.
    How in the world does he approach that T according to his video confusion get punch and end up facing down in the opposite direction? He had two flashlights one ended up like 30 feet from the incident the other one was never photographed why? How does he get his gun out of his holster if what he says is true that he only pulled it out only after TM was going for it? The persecution should have pushed there theory that the Gun was already out and GZ was going on a hunting expedition pure and simple no reason to get out of his car no reason to shoot a young man dead for those superficial wounds nothing life threatening about them. If he was getting bashed into the cement with the force his defense attorney claimed where is the stitches on the back of his head? Plus how does a man who out weighs him by 50 pound end up on the ground on the opposite direction to where he was walking?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Two points.

Firstly, if someone is follwing me around at night in semi secluded streets then I would absolutely assume that THEY are getting ready to do violence to me. Like 99% of the male population I assume, if you are being followed around at night by a stange man then that other man better be prepared to fight. Period.

There is not such thing as a "scuffle broke out". This was instigated by the actions of a wannabe cop and all pupouse loser.

Secondly, it was George Zimmerman who brought the loaded gun to this party. Nobody else. Without a gun nobody is dead here. The fact that there is a dead person is 100% the fault of Geroge Zimmerman and he should rot in jail for a long time. If he does not get jail time for this then I hope he spends many many miserable years in fear for his own life.

The real issue here is absurd gun laws which make this kind of tragedy even possible.