Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preseason games"can't wait"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
    This is the first year , that I can remember where I'm really looking forward to actually watch the games to see a certain outcome @QB. And that's been since 1971. Back then we didn't even have to purchase the tickets . I may even want to go. Anybody remember a preseason with this anticipation at QB?
    Now all you need is $5 bucks to buy a ticket.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder if the starting offense will have a repeat like last year and not score in the pre season.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    i wonder if the starting offense will have a repeat like last year and not score in the pre season.

Oh lawd have mercy!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Now all you need is $5 bucks to buy a ticket.
    Wish it was that easy. Still shelling out 10 G's for 2 PSL's. and forced to pay parking and full ticket price for these great preseason games

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish it was that easy. Still shelling out 10 G's for 2 PSL's. and forced to pay parking and full ticket price for these great preseason games
    I put all four of my seats to preseason fist game on stubhub at declining price $200 to $1 dollar in April. Still watching them fall each day. Four month free fall.

Also sucks on NFL ticket exchange they force you to list at face or higher making stubhub only way to sell preseason other than to give to charity if you cant go

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Judging by the low expectations on this board, I'm sure the Jets brass is telling Rex & MM, if its close, go with the youngster.
    To many young QBs have been given the reins over the last few years.
    I'm not saying Geno is close to as good as Luck & RG3 but you also had, Russell, Ponder, Gabbert, Dalton, Freeman, Sanchez, Tannyhill, Weiden, I mean seriously things have changed in today's NFL.
    Sanchez started with 16 college games under his belt.
    Why would we want to waste a year with Sanchez when we know he will be cut in 2014 or traded.
    The first sign of trouble with Mark & he's on the bench anyway.
    We should have a good enough line & RBs to protect Geno. I actually think its kind of funny the Jets fans that stand by Sanchez, I mean, all Geno has to do is play better than the 31st ranked QB in football over the last 2 years.

If I was a jet fan I would hope Geno would be given the reins after the bye. Let the kid sit and learn, The jets may have as many as 3 diff olineman in front of him and a new running game along with a whole new playbook. Let the players learn to play as a unit with Sanchez back there so if there is a learning curve/break in period let it be with Sanchez back there. By the bye the blitz pick up schemes will be down pat and the receivers will be running the right routes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can understand clearly why a pat fan would want to see the Jets run buttfumble out there for another yesr of 26 turnovers, too

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    If I was a jet fan I would hope Geno would be given the reins after the bye. Let the kid sit and learn, The jets may have as many as 3 diff olineman in front of him and a new running game along with a whole new playbook. Let the players learn to play as a unit with Sanchez back there so if there is a learning curve/break in period let it be with Sanchez back there. By the bye the blitz pick up schemes will be down pat and the receivers will be running the right routes
    This is actually my belief of what likely will be the best long term move

... Hopefully Geno is lights out & makes me reconsider ... My impression so far however is he is not going to be ready for all that comes along with being The Guy yet for week 1

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is probably one of the first preseasons where I'm legitimately excited about the preseason and how the team is going to go. I think it mostly has to do with a new QB entering the system, because there is such a wide disparity in the possible outcomes that you are naturally interested.

I was interested when Favre came on as well, to see how he would do, and the same when Sanchez was drafted. But then, when the QB is set, then the interest level goes down a few notches, because the main component is already set. Sort of like knowing how the Kentucky Derby will play out, and you are just sitting through the lesser races.

Also has a little Disney like storyline as well, with a team that is ridiculed and the laughing stock, they pick up some guy who got passed on by everyone and is picked upon, and it's their chance for redemption as they prove everyone wrong, lol. All that is missing is a football catching dog.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jaguars game is going to be awesome. The starters will play for a quarter and a half, maybe two quarters, and the game is on a Saturday at 7 so that it will be over early enough, around 10, that it isn't too late - and you can sleep in on Sunday. The Eagles game will be absolutely worthless.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Ah the Ainge era. I rooted for him too.
    Ratliff was my fave back then.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Ratliff was my fave back then.
    He was gone one of those years.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all this garbage press about Sanchez most likely starting game 1 ,glad to read Geno thinks he " has a great shot ". Not the normal "I'm here to just help the team" vanilla statements. Go Geno !

Ahhhh end of article, Rex " He's not ready to start". Can we at least wait to see how the kid does in preseason. Get ready for the " mark gives us the best chance to win ". Now I'm bummed

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-mark-sanchez/
    Last edited by bigmoe; 07-22-2013 at 07:38 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all this garbage press about Sanchez most likely starting game 1 ,glad to read Geno thinks he " has a great shot ". Not the normal "I'm here to just help the team" vanilla statements. Go Geno !

Ahhhh end of article, Rex " He's not ready to start". Can we at least wait to see how the kid does in preseason. Get ready for the " mark gives us the best chance to win ". Now I'm bummed

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-mark-sanchez/
    Go back and look at some of the reports on Sanchez going into his rookie camp. It was Clemens job to loose and Sanchez needs time to develop. I feel as though I am reliving history here. lol Biggest difference is we still had hopes Clemens was a pro QB right now we know Sanchez may not even be the 3rd best QB on the roster.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first year , that I can remember where I'm really looking forward to actually watch the games to see a certain outcome @QB. And that's been since 1971. Back then we didn't even have to purchase the tickets . I may even want to go. Anybody remember a preseason with this anticipation at QB?
    CANT WAIT!!

Yes; the transition from Todd to Ryan to O'Brien...wasn't that an issue?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with you....I cannot recall the last time I had this much anticipation....actually excitement. I just feel that the Jets will field a good product in 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I have to agree with you....I cannot recall the last time I had this much anticipation....actually excitement. I just feel that the Jets will field a good product in 2013.
    Me 3!!!
    Can't come soon enough! Football season is ALMOST HERE!!!
    Best time of the year!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are 100 percent correct....lol even my wife said it must be time for football because I am more happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Me 3!!!
    Can't come soon enough! Football season is ALMOST HERE!!!
    Best time of the year!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the QB battle, I'm kinda excited about seeing the WRs as well. Beyond the top 3, seem to have the 2 spots up for grabs.

White has potential, but his health could be a concern.
    Rogers won't be a superstar, but out of the bunch, I also think he could be the safest with some upside.
    Davis has probably the biggest upside, but also the lowest floor.
    Gates has potential, but not sure I liked too much of what I saw last year.

Just some of the guys I'd like to see if they can start living upto some if their promise.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to go to a live game, just so I can boo Sanchez every time he comes in.