Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preseason games"can't wait"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRQman87 View Post
    I want to go to a live game, just so I can boo Sanchez every time he comes in.
    thats going to be the season home opener if he is the starter. Jets fans will be ready to riot at metlife stadium.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The Jaguars game is going to be awesome. The starters will play for a quarter and a half, maybe two quarters, and the game is on a Saturday at 7 so that it will be over early enough, around 10, that it isn't too late - and you can sleep in on Sunday. The Eagles game will be absolutely worthless.
    It is at 7:30pm on a hot August night. Not very kid friendly. Better if game started at six pm.

I gave away my tickets to a guy with a six year old and he picked the Eagles game to take kid as it is 7:00 pm and being a Thursday does not mess up weekend. What if you have a family party Sat or Sun or want to go away. A 7:30 pm to 10:30pm saturday night game in the middle of NJ on a 90 degree is not a good game for kids under 10

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    thats going to be the season home opener if he is the starter. Jets fans will be ready to riot at metlife stadium.
    That's why Geno needs to start. He will get a standing "O"! Sanchez starts - you are right - fans will want to burn the place down.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Now all you need is $5 bucks to buy a ticket.
    I'm willing to go to 6.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    That's why Geno needs to start. He will get a standing "O"! Sanchez starts - you are right - fans will want to burn the place down.
    And that's happened before I really can't see this org. sending mark out there opening day. The fan base was beggin for McElroy , can you imagine ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is at 7:30pm on a hot August night. Not very kid friendly. Better if game started at six pm.

I gave away my tickets to a guy with a six year old and he picked the Eagles game to take kid as it is 7:00 pm and being a Thursday does not mess up weekend. What if you have a family party Sat or Sun or want to go away. A 7:30 pm to 10:30pm saturday night game in the middle of NJ on a 90 degree is not a good game for kids under 10
    Wouldn't it be better being later and not earlier on a 90 degree day, as it tends to be LESS hot once the sun goes down???

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

I"m taking my kids to their first pro games during pre-season...do a mini-tailgate, walk around the stadium and stay for a a half...it's actually a great way to introduce them to the game. We do minor league baseball too. They are 6 and 8 so they don't care too much who is actually on the field, they think it's all cool.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant say that I hate the preseason. As boring as it is, football is football.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Preseason games are boring as hell. But I watch them anyway. Almost died when Joe Willie tried to make a tackle after a fumble in a Preseason game in Detroit in 1971 and messed up his already destroyed knee. Still can't believe he tried to make that tackle on the sideline . Anyway I'm really anxious to see what we got in Geno!