Post Thanks / Like

What's holding Milliner up?

Is this another Revis in the making?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    His agents attitude.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add aswell, If I was Idzik I would just tell his agent if he is not at first practice all signed up he can expect a place at the bottom of the depth chart.

If there is one unit where we have leverage it's CB, it's a position of strength not weakness and his agent needs to accept that.

It's not ideal but we can just start Wilson and have Trufant, Berry or Lankster play the nickel, I would not let them hold us to Ransom and I'm sure Idzik won't.

This is another sign that organisational philosophy has changed, I'm loving the fact it isn't done, if this was tanny they would be tied up to our detriment, primed to cut our nuts off down the road.

Idzik is letting them know from the start who pulls the strings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    If there is one unit where we have leverage it's CB, it's a position of strength not weakness and his agent needs to accept that.
    Its far from a strength which is why we addressed it with our 1st round pick. Without Millner, Cro is the only good cb we have.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I don't understand is now with the rookie wage scale, isn't each draft slot already predetermined what the length and size of your contact will be?
    At least that's how I understood it, but obviously this isn't the case since there is still negotiations and hold outs.
    Anyone know how this works?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    What I don't understand is now with the rookie wage scale, isn't each draft slot already predetermined what the length and size of your contact will be?
    At least that's how I understood it, but obviously this isn't the case since there is still negotiations and hold outs.

I do not think it is the amount or the length of the deal, a lot is about when and how it is paid out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post

Yes the money is slotted and it is all guaranteed. The only real negotiating points are a 5th year option for the team and offset language. For picks 1-10 the 5th year of the contract is equal to the transition tender for that position during the 4th year of the contract, for picks 11-13 the 5th year salary is the average between the 3rd and 25th highest salaries for that position.

I think right now only Ziggy Ansah has signed a 5 year contract so far.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 07-25-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Its far from a strength which is why we addressed it with our 1st round pick. Without Millner, Cro is the only good cb we have.
    Rex should have enough to keep most teams well-defended. Harrier is right on the money. The defense will be top 5 - 10 with or without milliner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It may not be in many fans opinions because we have been spoiled with Revis and Cro.

Wilson is serviceable and we have decent quality depth, obviously I would prefer Miliner to start but if we need to make a point to him and his agent this unit allows us to do it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When did Milliner become a good NFL cb? Guess I missed that.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    When did Milliner become a good NFL cb? Guess I missed that.
    No doubt. He'd better tell his agent he wants to play football because so far since the draft, you know how much football he's played? none. Kid is coming off shoulder surgery. my guess is his agent wants a little more guaranteed money just in case.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd guess that since he's recovering from an injury and wouldn't practice tomorrow he wasn't the top priority to get a deal but will shortly.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Yes the money is slotted and it is all guaranteed. The only real negotiating points are a 5th year option for the team and offset language. For picks 1-10 the 5th year of the contract is equal to the transition tender for that position during the 4th year of the contract, for picks 11-13 the 5th year salary is the average between the 3rd and 25th highest salaries for that position.

According to Mehta (for whatever that is worth) its the offset that is the holdup.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    According to Mehta (for whatever that is worth) its the offset that is the holdup.
    That is pretty much the biggest negotiating point for these rookie deals. Players dont want it, teams do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    I am wondering if maybe he is not ready to play football yet with his surgically repaired shoulder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is pretty much the biggest negotiating point for these rookie deals. Players dont want it, teams do.
    The offsets and guarantees are especially important to guys like Milliner that have a history of injuries. I cant blame him for taking his time and trying to get the most financial security. I expect it to get done before tomorrow. He will be in camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I'd guess that since he's recovering from an injury and wouldn't practice tomorrow he wasn't the top priority to get a deal but will shortly.
    I just posted something similAR TO THIS. i DID NOT KNOW THIS WAS ALREADY POSTED. bUT i THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The offsets and guarantees are especially important to guys like Milliner that have a history of injuries. I cant blame him for taking his time and trying to get the most financial security. I expect it to get done before tomorrow. He will be in camp.
    Probably done late tonight.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember Milliner absolutely blanketing the 6-6, 250 pound Tyler Eifert (the guy who is/was being hailed practically as the next Tony G) in the BCS title game, breaking up a few passes. Gotta be the injury holding Millie's signing up

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think it is the amount or the length of the deal, a lot is about when and how it is paid out.

Thanks for the explanations... much appreciated.