Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preseason games"can't wait"

Preseason games"can't wait"

This is the first year , that I can remember where I'm really looking forward to actually watch the games to see a certain outcome @QB. And that's been since 1971. Back then we didn't even have to purchase the tickets . I may even want to go. Anybody remember a preseason with this anticipation at QB?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
    This is the first year , that I can remember where I'm really looking forward to actually watch the games to see a certain outcome @QB. And that's been since 1971. Back then we didn't even have to purchase the tickets . I may even want to go. Anybody remember a preseason with this anticipation at QB?
    I'm with you brother! I wonder if the Jets will have Geno and Mark play all four games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    I'm with you brother! I wonder if the Jets will have Geno and Mark play all four games this year.
    I would imagine so. I'm pretty sure they'll want every chance they can to compare both guys in live action.

'08. And then again in '09.

Judging by the low expectations on this board, I'm sure the Jets brass is telling Rex & MM, if its close, go with the youngster.
    To many young QBs have been given the reins over the last few years.
    I'm not saying Geno is close to as good as Luck & RG3 but you also had, Russell, Ponder, Gabbert, Dalton, Freeman, Sanchez, Tannyhill, Weiden, I mean seriously things have changed in today's NFL.
    Sanchez started with 16 college games under his belt.
    Why would we want to waste a year with Sanchez when we know he will be cut in 2014 or traded.
    The first sign of trouble with Mark & he's on the bench anyway.
    We should have a good enough line & RBs to protect Geno. I actually think its kind of funny the Jets fans that stand by Sanchez, I mean, all Geno has to do is play better than the 31st ranked QB in football over the last 2 years.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm happy to have MM in their making the decision if Geno is ready to handle all the BS that comes along with being THE GUY

Hope Geno performs lights out in TC & preseason

I'm with you. I can't wait to get back out there. And I hope they both play a lot this preseason. Neither has "earned" the starting job yet...let's see them compete and let the winner emerge. Also looking forward to some of our new assets on D!

I also have a new grill waiting to be broken in. Here's hoping we get some nice weather for some low stress August preseason before diving in to the real deal in Sept!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm also happy our Jetsfan sportsbar Mazzy's down here in the Atlanta area is going 2 be getting the games!

Absolutely can't wait to watch live ball again, i usually don't get caught up to much with our performance in pre-season but this year I'm looking for some spark.

Ordered my jersey, full seasons gamepass and a new beer stein, I'm ready to get it on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Ordered my new beer stein, I'm ready to get it on.
    Lets hope the beer stains to come along with it are from jumping up and cheering!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Absolutely can't wait to watch live ball again, i usually don't get caught up to much with our performance in pre-season but this year I'm looking for some spark.

Ordered my jersey, full seasons gamepass and a new beer stein, I'm ready to get it on.
    I bet the O scores more then they did in last years preseason games..

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Lets hope the beer stains to come along with it are from jumping up and cheering!
    Funny you should say that, a few negative beer stains upset the wife last year.

One that springs to mind was the Hill drop at the pats, beer can got launched then I spent the rest of my night on my hands and knees cleaning up watching us get beat in overtime, god that night was depressive.

Anyway here's to more positive beer stains this year!

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    08 Favre was the starter no doubt , same in 09 with Sanchez. Not close to what I'm talking about. Jets always had a starter @Qb. Maybe close with Pat Ryan and Kenny O at the start of his career.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm also happy our Jetsfan sportsbar Mazzy's down here in the Atlanta area is going 2 be getting the games!
    You go there???

No better place IMO. And I LOVE the hostility shown to the one random "fan" who decides to show up in a Dollphins or Pasts* shirt... LOL
    Not a wise idea!
    This season is gonna be GREAT with the D, and the Pasterisks* epic meltdown

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier
    Funny you should say that, a few negative beer stains upset the wife last year.

One that springs to mind was the Hill drop at the pats, beer can got launched then I spent the rest of my night on my hands and knees cleaning up watching us get beat in overtime, god that night was depressive.
    LOL ... Too F'in Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You go there???

No better place IMO. And I LOVE the hostility shown to the one random "fan" who decides to show up in a Dollphins or Pasts* shirt... LOL
    Not a wise idea!
    This season is gonna be GREAT with the D, and the Pasterisks* epic meltdown
    Somehow the Bills fan always just gets laughed away to another section of the bar ... Hope you're correct on the D!

Hall Of Fame

Somehow the Bills fan always just gets laughed away to another section of the bar ... Hope you're correct on the D!
    HAHA! SO true! Sometimes I feel a TINY bit bad for them. They're like the poor lonely kid who just wants to fit in and hang out with everybody else, but he really smells bad so the other kids make fun of him and he goes off to play tetherball by himself.

Hope I'm right about the D, too! I'll be thrilled if we finally have a pass rush and can start forcing some turnovers. The GOOD kind. lol

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Ah the Ainge era. I rooted for him too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    Who is the head case err coach? Do you really think there will be a fair QB competition? Pitting a very raw rookie against a 4 year starter is not exactly even.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I bet the O scores more then they did in last years preseason games..
    Heck it took until the last game in preseason to. Get a TD and it was by McElroy who is not getting a chance to show anything he has. They might score more but let's hope they do it during the season and win some games the Doom and Gloomers feel we will lose.

08 Favre was the starter no doubt , same in 09 with Sanchez. Not close to what I'm talking about. Jets always had a starter @Qb. Maybe close with Pat Ryan and Kenny O at the start of his career.
    Oh you meant anticipation for a QB competition.

You said anticipation at QB, so naturally I went back to '08 which is probably the most anticipation we've had at QB since Namath.