Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Report: Jets "toying" with using Geno to change pace.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Round 1 includes picks 1-15. There are 32 picks in round 1. You cand just eliminate picks 1-15 when you are comparing rounds. So yes when comparing Rounds 1 and 2 there is a difference. Just like there is a difference between round 2 and 3. Stop it. Please just stop it.
    I think the point people are trying to make that you're missing is that when you're talking about the top 60 players, you can't just use stats to make any kind of determination about a player's performance before they even step on the field, because every draft is different.

You know why the bust rate increases when after the first round for QBs? Because in MOST years, at least 2 or 3 QBs are taken in the first round. If on average, less than 10 QBs are selected in a given draft, having the top 3 come off the board in round 1 definitely increases the chance of failure for the rest. But what about the years when only 1 QB is taken in the first round?

1985 - Bernie Kosar taken in the first round. First QB taken in the 2nd round: Randall Cunningham.
    1997 - Jim Druckenmiller taken in the first round. First QB taken in the 2nd round: Jake Plummer
    2001 - Michael Vick taken in the first round. First QB taken in the 2nd round: Drew Brees.

That's it. Those are the only three years since '85 where only one QB was drafted in the first round and a QB was also taken in the 2nd. So if I thought it made sense at all, I could twist statistics to say: because Geno Smith was the first QB taken in the 2nd round of a draft where only 1 QB was taken in the first, he has a 100% chance of at least Jake Plummer-like success in the NFL.

I know that's ridiculous. But so is relying solely on stats to form an opinion. Why don't you tell us what you saw in Geno that you don't like, and has you convinced he's not franchise-QB material? That's a better discussion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Kaepernick was a great running qb he had 59 rushing td's in college Geno had 4..
    Ummmmm this!!!!

I have consistently supported Sanchez but this is freaking ridiculous!!1

If they want to play Smith then start him an stop the nonsense

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmmm this!!!!

I have consistently supported Sanchez but this is freaking ridiculous!!1

If they want to play Smith then start him an stop the nonsense
    I agree with this

If you are trying to train him to be a WCO pocket passer ... Don't F it up by polluting his brain with this other B-S

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a reminder...

The ONLY evidence for this toying is a "report" from Dick Semen apparently based on an answer by Rex that he was considering everything.

In other words, this entire angst filled thread is based on Semen baloney

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Just a reminder...

The ONLY evidence for this toying is a "report" from Dick Semen apparently based on an answer by Rex that he was considering everything.

+1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Just a reminder...

Hoping you are right but best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.