Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At the Tour de France *****es

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing worse than half a fag is the full blown version. Watch your rear.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Easily one of the most demanding sports in the world. Greco-Roman wrestling and triathlons are up there too.

That's on flats. Blast down a hill at 60+ on a bike and get back to me about exciting.
    Greco-Roman wrestling, or any wrestling for that fact is noting more than a pair of underwear away from gay sex.......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Your at a bicycle race and your calling us b!tches. Im laughing my azz off at how ridiculous that is. The french are stinky surrender monkeys and bicycling is exercise not a sport.

However, some of the monasteries in the French Alps make their own liquors and that shiit will make ou hallucinate. That'd be fun. Get in the mood to throw firewood at cyclists.
    You're from Arkansas and laughing at someone else??....and don't you need that firewood to build yourself a shelter this winter?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    You're from Arkansas and laughing at someone else??....and don't you need that firewood to build yourself a shelter this winter?
    No, dumbazz, we actually have afforable housing and if I needed it, I'd cut firewood off of my 80 acres.
    How much longer is you little Turd de Flush. Im tired of it being on NBCsports.

By the way, I'm sitting outside with my bong and a mix drink in my boxers and I can't smell any french people... priceless
    I'm tempted to pm you my address so you can google earth my silly azz and see how happy I am.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've watched the Tour de France every year since 2002. It's one of my favorite times of the year and it's absolutely one of the greatest sporting events in the world.

Anyone who has ever pedaled a bike uphill can appreciate what these guys do. The most compelling parts, for me, come when riders "crack" on the slopes of a climb. The body reaches a point where it can give no more, and their pace drops to a crawl.

It takes a year or two to really gain a thorough understanding of how it all works. They start with almost 200 riders, but only 10 or so are competing for the yellow jersey. There are actually 4 different competitions that take place during the race.

And cycling is a team sport, something that's lost on most people. Most of the teams have 1 appointed "team leader" who's going for the yellow jersey, a sprinter who will compete for the green jersey, and then a bunch of guys that are only there to help the leader and the sprinter (they call them "domestiques").

I really find the whole enterprise to be incredibly fascinating. And when there's not much racing going on (which is quite often) you're bombarded with shot after shot of the beautiful French countryside. I'm definitely going to go see it in person one day...when I can afford it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I've watched the Tour de France every year since 2002. It's one of my favorite times of the year and it's absolutely one of the greatest sporting events in the world.

Anyone who has ever pedaled a bike uphill can appreciate what these guys do. The most compelling parts, for me, come when riders "crack" on the slopes of a climb. The body reaches a point where it can give no more, and their pace drops to a crawl.

It takes a year or two to really gain a thorough understanding of how it all works. They start with almost 200 riders, but only 10 or so are competing for the yellow jersey. There are actually 4 different competitions that take place during the race.

And cycling is a team sport, something that's lost on most people. Most of the teams have 1 appointed "team leader" who's going for the yellow jersey, a sprinter who will compete for the green jersey, and then a bunch of guys that are only there to help the leader and the sprinter (they call them "domestiques").

I really find the whole enterprise to be incredibly fascinating. And when there's not much racing going on (which is quite often) you're bombarded with shot after shot of the beautiful French countryside. I'm definitely going to go see it in person one day...when I can afford it.
    You nailed it JB..fascinating and compelling......if you ever get the chance get yourself to a mountain stage and ideally Mont Ventoux...the atmosphere Sunday was insane.