Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not sure if handled right

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not sure if handled right

Co-worker, female (would hit if I was not married) just came into my office bawling her eyes out over some interoffice bs. High-level person, respected. Does not report to me. I was like "there there" but kept my ass planted in the seat, when clearly this broad needed a hug. I defused the convo quickly and professionally with "focus on the immediate xyz and we'll figure out the other stuff down the road blah blah."

I'm going downstairs to Tir Na Nog to drink about how I should have handled it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Co-worker, female (would hit if I was not married) just came into my office bawling her eyes out over some interoffice bs. High-level person, respected. Does not report to me. I was like "there there" but kept my ass planted in the seat, when clearly this broad needed a hug. I defused the convo quickly and professionally with "focus on the immediate xyz and we'll figure out the other stuff down the road blah blah."

Fail.

She should be under your desk right now and this post should have shown up in an hour telling a completely different story.

Touching co-worker boob is completely appropriate under these circumstances. It's true.

It should be in your human resources employee handbook, after the chapter about adjusting the thermostat to maximize the likelihood of hard nipples.

A real man would have comforted her. A simple, not-balls-out hug would have sufficed and been perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hit Stick View Post
    A real man would have comforted her. A simple, not-balls-out hug would have sufficed and been perfectly acceptable.
    I always hug with my balls out.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Anything less than Ms. BLubbry eyes ending up with her wrists behind her back and her pony-tail in your ham-handed death-grip.... is disappoint.

-

Congratulations for not falling for the oldest trick in the book.

Today's confroting pat on the shoulder is tomorrows multi-million dollar sexual harassment lawsuit victory and Shakin termination notice.

Hall Of Fame
    Never let a crying woman go to waste.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Congratulations for not falling for the oldest trick in the book.

Today's confroting pat on the shoulder is tomorrows multi-million dollar sexual harassment lawsuit victory and Shakin termination notice.
    Wait, so smacking them on the ass with a "Now go gett'em, Tiger" is not acceptable?

I gotta plead ignorance on this one - pretty sure that's not written anywhere.

Bewildered Beast

Call us when you get to the part where she's shooting you as you pound her into the ground.

- Everybody

" now is not the place to discuss problems with other employees, if you would like can meet for drinks later " pick hotel bar near by, that u just " happen" to get comped rooms for, even though u prepaid for room already.. Because your central air is not working well and ugh it's a heat wave..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Wait, so smacking them on the ass with a "Now go gett'em, Tiger" is not acceptable?

I gotta plead ignorance on this one - pretty sure that's not written anywhere.
    like this?????

Quote Originally Posted by jackhuntr View Post
    like this?????
    I'm totally doing that to someone at work.

Hilarious.

Of course you were right. What are you supposed to do? Nothing good can come of touching a co-worker of the opposite sex that you're attracted to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Clearly this should have ended in...

"Dear Penthouse Forum..."

Jets Insider VIP
    Was she even hot?

Pics?

You people are slacking.

Jets Insider VIP
    I would've responded with a simple "Get the f*ck outta my office. I'm playing Galaga."

This is a thread I'd expect southside to create.... You disappoint us.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    This is a thread I'd expect southside to create.... You disappoint us.
    I am totally disappointed there should have been more entertainment to this story. what is this world coming to?