Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cancer update: lumps in neck/varius other parts

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    They did rule out Lipoma? Which is something I have which are benign tumors that are rarely dangerous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoma

Good luck no matter what it is.
    You have The Curse? I have lipomas all over; docs won't take them out anymore. My wife thinks my bllod was replaced with Chunky JiF.

from wiki

Superficial subcutaneous lipomas, the most common type of lipoma, lie just below the surface of the skin.[3] Most occur on the trunk, thigh, and forearm, although they may be found anywhere in the body where fat is located.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 07-17-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    You have The Curse? I have lipomas all over; docs won't take them out anymore. My wife thinks my bllod was replaced with Chunky JiF.

from wiki

Superficial subcutaneous lipomas, the most common type of lipoma, lie just below the surface of the skin.[3] Most occur on the trunk, thigh, and forearm, although they may be found anywhere in the body where fat is located.
    Haha yea its hereditary...My mother has them a lot bigger than I do. Mine all the size of jelly beans in mostly in my arms and my upper legs. I do know that they can be found in your neck and your stomach / back as well. My doctor told me to go to a general surgeon and ins may start to cover a portion of it .

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Well then how about be a mensch and get McGinley an appointment with your wife?
    in NYC that might help.... my wife is a premee baby doctor in manhattan so her pull in texas is pretty weak unfortunately.

although wife's brother in law is a plastic surgeon in dallas so if anyone needs a boob job i can make a referral.

from wiki

Haha, I needed a good laugh. I mean, the one near the upper part of my neck (right under the chin, I think) feels kinda mushy and tender when I kinda roll it between my fingers. Idk if it's a node, but it doesn't exactly feel like one. The other seems to be a painless, kinda rubbery, small bump where posterior cervical nodes are ( far side of neck, towards the the bottom, near top of shoulder). None of them are protruding, but I can feel them with my fingers.

All League
    Best of luck

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Apparently, there are no appointments available before then.
    Look, Dr. Nick is a nice guy, but you may want to consider moving on. Or go to Urgent Care. Not all the doctors in those joints are Guadalajara-educated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post
    ROFL at the first part!!

(My husband is a long-suffering Jets fan from upstate NY. We just happen to live in TX now.)

It's not going too well with my husband right now, but that's another story for another day.
    Sorry about that, LSL. I hope things turn around. If you need to talk....

Soo, I can't get an appointment until August 23rd. What the hell.
    Yea, that's borderline quackery, sorry. TBQH, "professional" behavior like this would force me to reconsider any and all medical advice I've ever received from them. New doctor is in order. I'd call them back one more time and tell them you are requesting all your recent test results so you can take them somewhere else. Sucks, but you have to do what's best for you.

Haha, I needed a good laugh. I mean, the one near the upper part of my neck (right under the chin, I think) feels kinda mushy and tender when I kinda roll it between my fingers. Idk if it's a node, but it doesn't exactly feel like one. The other seems to be a painless, kinda rubbery, small bump where posterior cervical nodes are ( far side of neck, towards the the bottom, near top of shoulder). None of them are protruding, but I can feel them with my fingers.
    Two very odd places to be inflammatory. As someone said, they could be lipomas. They could be ganglion cysts. They could be lymph nodes. They could be malignancies. Regardless, they should be treated clinically as potential neoplasms until such time that they are determined to be benign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    I hope that everything will be ok- but please go to Sloan Kettering in NYC right away and have it checked out.

My son had Hodgkins Lymphoma back in 1999, which started as a quickly

formimg lump on the side of his neck. He beat that Cancer. Skin Cancer took him from us this April at age 27.....it was too advanced to save him.

If it is a diagnosis of Hodgkins, the survival rate is over 90%.....so TRY not to freak if that is the Diagnosis. Its VERY VERY curable.

The key to most all Cancers is early detection.

PM me also if you want to talk- My family has alot of experience with Cancer-

both good and bad.

You will be in my prayers daily.

God Bless.
    Sorry for your loss man, gives me goosebumps. I was diagnosed with stage 3 hodgkins back in 1995, took a year of chemo and radiation.Been in remission for 17 years. Had some skin cancer cut out of me a year ago and have had a decent sized non cancerous schwanoma tumor on the side of my next the last 3 years, and about a year now have been taking synthroid as my thyroid has been slackin'. All effects from my cancer treatment most likely.

For the OP, when I felt a lump I told my mom, who called my doctor who said come on over to the office right now. From there he sent me to a radiologist that day. I was so far gone that when the radiologist put the xray up I could see I had a 3rd lung shoehorned in there and they had me squeezed in for a biopsy the next day.

Not trying to scare you at all as it is most likely no big deal, but trying to illustrate what a good doctor does in a situation like this. Now, most likely your doctor is going on vacation so he is being a d@ck with not seeing you. I have to agree with everyone else, go to another doctor.

Bewildered Beast
    You need to smoke as much weed as possible, so you can forget all that BS-doctor-speak. Forget about those things, man; go get something extra; go GIVE something extra.

Let the docs talk like that, Mac. Get out there; hug a tree, pick up some trash, ... it's give-back time.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Haha yea its hereditary...My mother has them a lot bigger than I do. Mine all the size of jelly beans in mostly in my arms and my upper legs. I do know that they can be found in your neck and your stomach / back as well. My doctor told me to go to a general surgeon and ins may start to cover a portion of it .
    You'd better start mac'ing some "out of your league" honeys, before you turn 30. These stupid lipomas get worse with age; that's why your mother has "more".

Get out there...soon you won't want to take your shirt off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

from wiki

You need to smoke as much weed as possible, so you can forget all that BS-doctor-speak. Forget about those things, man; go get something extra; go GIVE something extra.

Let the docs talk like that, Mac. Get out there; hug a tree, pick up some trash, ... it's give-back time.
    When he doesn't understand the medical gobbly gook, he'll prolly dumb it down for him and call it what it is....Cracka Neck.

Then he'll come to the Hampur for a good lawyer.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    When he doesn't understand the medical gobbly gook, he'll prolly dumb it down for him and call it what it is....Cracka Neck.

Then he'll come to the Hampur for a good lawyer.
    Cracka Neck not medikle term?

Jets Insider VIP
    They did the US on the thyroid and the doctor said everything was fine and that there were no masses. A few days later, I was touching the side of my neck (near the trapezius) and felt an odd lump with some inflammation around the area. It's been about 3 weeks and that lump is still there. No inflammation, and it's the same size/shape as before (small), but I don't get why it's there. Then, a few days ago, the area between the jaw and beneath my ear felt inflamed for seemingly no reason. That's gone away, but now I have a tender lump near the side of my throat, high up. Inside, on my inner gum, I've got a rather noticeable, hard lump fixed in place with another on near that's movable. A few others on various places (won't go into details, mainly for typing purposes). I feel relatively ok, but these lumps concern me. Some are hard, others soft. Idk.

It may probably be nothing, but I'm freaking out. I'm pretty much by myself in dealing with this aside from my mother (who seems to be basically ignoring any idea that I might be sick). Idk. I've got no one else and I'm driving myself insane. The soonest appointment I could get with my primary is in August, so I'm basically just trying to figure out how to not completely lose my mind until then. I just feel very much alone in this, and I'm not even sure what it'll matter should worse come to worse. It just seems like I'm painted into a corner and I'm being told I have to make a move. No matter what, it just seems like I can't win.

Thanks for the kind words, though, guys.

First off sorry to hear and I'll pray for you. Don't underestimate God ,pray.

Second as someone who's been there not the big c but the just as fd C. August is completely unacceptable. Time is of the essence. **** these doctors who are booking you a month out these *******s kill people everyday with that bull****.. My doctor noticed a lump on my kidney during my MRI for my liver failure. His words least of our worries booked surgery for after transplant. Mount sanai that very day made me come in opened me up took it out. Afterwards I find out that if I waited just a week it,would have made transplant impossible as it would have spread that quickly. One week. Dont F Around ' Go Now ,**** your primary

Jets Insider VIP
    Good luck McG.

Jets Insider VIP
    Timmy s post got deleted. I saw it. Nice job mods Timmy that was the most sick twisted thing you ever said and how the hell did Southside's penis get involved?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Timmy s post got deleted. I saw it. Nice job mods Timmy that was the most sick twisted thing you ever said and how the hell did Southside's penis get involved?
    sorry, i jumped in late and thought these were just lumps - i deleted it. thrown off by (creepy ass) cracka neck

as a guy who has had cancer, as well as both my parents - i am sympathetic to everyone who has this scare. i know what its like to sweat out a biopsy.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 07-18-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    sorry, i jumped in late and thought these were just lumps - i deleted it. thrown off by (creepy ass) cracka neck

as a guy who has had cancer, as well as both my parents - i am sympathetic to everyone who has this scare

We can delete our posts? That would of really helped me out a few years back

Hall Of Fame
    We can delete our posts? That would of really helped me out a few years back
    yes, if you've never been thrown in prison your account has that option

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    yes, if you've never been thrown in prison your account has that option
    Well there you have it then. See they keep Italians down too in this ****ing country. I hereby declare Italians out of the White race. We're going black and we ain't coming back. Obama ...One

Hall Of Fame
    Well there you have it then. See they keep Italians down too in this ****ing country. I hereby declare Italians out of the White race. We're going black and we ain't coming back. Obama ...One
    when were italinas considered white

i thought you were in that morrocan no man's land