Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow, media guys supporting Sanchez?

Jets Insider VIP
    which is what should have happened.... except for the disastrous contract the Jets handed to Buttfumble

thankfully, the long nightmare is over in January

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    which is what should have happened.... except for the disastrous contract the Jets handed to Buttfumble
    thankfully, the long nightmare is over in January

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    there is no way the jets can have sanchez start the season home opener after what has gone on the past 2 yrs. the fans will boo him the second he runs onto the field
    The absolute most assinine reason why a player shouldn't start - because the fans will boo :eek

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    The absolute most assinine reason why a player shouldn't start - because the fans will boo :eek
    you're right..... dan needs to change it to THAT plus HE STINKS

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez starts. Defense is somewhere between good and on the way to great but we still suck because of a horrible offense. We lose lots of games but Rex stubbornly sticks with Mark even as Geno is showing some signs in practice. We secure a top 3-ish pick. Smith comes in for the last couple of games and lights it up but we lose a couple of tough ones.

We end up with the #1 pick, a decent QB on the come and a defense that is starting to scare people.

End of the year we send out the trash. Sanchez, Holmes and whoever else is not pulling their weight.

Great draft position and plenty of room under the cap to add other pieces and the NY Jets are officially off to the races. This is my hope for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Sanchez starts. Defense is somewhere between good and on the way to great but we still suck because of a horrible offense. We lose lots of games but Rex stubbornly sticks with Mark even as Geno is showing some signs in practice. We secure a top 3-ish pick. Smith comes in for the last couple of games and lights it up but we lose a couple of tough ones.

We end up with the #1 pick, a decent QB on the come and a defense that is starting to scare people.

End of the year we send out the trash. Sanchez, Holmes and whoever else is not pulling their weight.

Great draft position and plenty of room under the cap to add other pieces and the NY Jets are officially off to the races. This is my hope for 2013.
    Wow another Jets fan that hopes the team sucks so they get a good draft pick. Maybe I read it wrong but there is no way I am hopeful that the Jets get the #1 pick because of their record. There is nothing good about that scenario other than having a #1 pick which still means nothing. It would mean a 2014 New coaching staff too. I am way more hopeful that the team plays well with the players they have now and continues to improve. They had a nice draft so lets hope those guys play well before we hope on next years draft Cmon Man!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    Wow another Jets fan that hopes the team sucks so they get a good draft pick. Maybe I read it wrong but there is no way I am hopeful that the Jets get the #1 pick because of their record. There is nothing good about that scenario other than having a #1 pick which still means nothing. It would mean a 2014 New coaching staff too. I am way more hopeful that the team plays well with the players they have now and continues to improve. They had a nice draft so lets hope those guys play well before we hope on next years draft Cmon Man!!
    It would be more correct to say that I feel the problems left by the old GM to the new GM were widespread and were going to take at least two years before we saw significant progress. With that said I expected to have a bad record this year even at the same time that some of our kids show signs of promise.

I think the top of next year's draft has a once in a generation player and if we were going to be bad anyway... The Colts have shown us the model and I think we should follow that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

If the season goes down like that Rex is toast. The fans will not accept another 6-10 season, much less a record that nets us the 1st overall pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    If the season goes down like that Rex is toast. The fans will not accept another 6-10 season, much less a record that nets us the 1st overall pick.
    I think Rex is being set up to be toast. I think it buys Idzik an additional honeymoon year. The fans have traditionally accepted whatever is being served up.

Jets Insider VIP
    I remember last preseason where no TDs were scored until the last game but not by Sanchez.

Talk is cheap at this point and Geno is learning expotentially at this time. Geno may or not click right away but we'll have a much better feel during preseason .
    I think we see a much better Geno at the start of the season than right now. Even if Geno starts in the middle of the season, He'll eventual pass Mark Sanchez IMO.