Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, media guys supporting Sanchez?

Wow, media guys supporting Sanchez?

Sorry, can't figure out how to post the actual video. But this is the first totally pro-Sanchez Geno-doubting media session I've seen.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...e-playing-here

Good video, we'll see what happens when camp starts

Jets Insider VIP
    Suckiness sells.

8-8 doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Good video, we'll see what happens when camp starts
    This is the reason I don't listen to the media. Did these 2 guys really pay attention to the Jets & watch every game like we did? Hell no!
    Everytime that Rex let out the rope for Sanchez he hung himself.
    Instead of 3rd & 6 with the running game, we were always 3rd & 10 because of Marks inaccuracy on 1st & 2nd down passing plays.
    Then the inexcusable TOs started coming.
    When you play as conservative as the Jets & your QB can't get over 50% on completions you have an inaccurate QB, plain & simple.
    Can MM turn him around?
    It will be tough if Sanchez doesn't increase his accuracy, Marty can create an offense for him but he can't complete passes for him.
    If Geno is more accurate & can anticipate better than Sanchez he will eventually dethrone Mark.
    I'm in the camp that Geno will be our McNabb with better accuracy. I honestly believe that Geno fell for one reason, that last years draft with Luck, RG3, and Wilson's emergence skewed the view from the so called experts.
    Will Geno be as good as any of those 3? Probably not but if he has a career a shade under these studs than the Jets will look back at this draft & consider themselves lucky.
    As someone had already said on this board, every single year mistakes are made in the draft, every single year!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This is the reason I don't listen to the media. Did these 2 guys really pay attention to the Jets & watch every game like we did? Hell no!
    Everytime that Rex let out the rope for Sanchez he hung himself.
    Instead of 3rd & 6 with the running game, we were always 3rd & 10 because of Marks inaccuracy on 1st & 2nd down passing plays.
    Then the inexcusable TOs started coming.
    When you play as conservative as the Jets & your QB can't get over 50% on completions you have an inaccurate QB, plain & simple.
    Can MM turn him around?
    It will be tough if Sanchez doesn't increase his accuracy, Marty can create an offense for him but he can't complete passes for him.
    If Geno is more accurate & can anticipate better than Sanchez he will eventually dethrone Mark.
    I'm in the camp that Geno will be our McNabb with better accuracy. I honestly believe that Geno fell for one reason, that last years draft with Luck, RG3, and Wilson's emergence skewed the view from the so called experts.
    Will Geno be as good as any of those 3? Probably not but if he has a career a shade under these studs than the Jets will look back at this draft & consider themselves lucky.
    As someone had already said on this board, every single year mistakes are made in the draft, every single year!
    We have to get lucky eventually...well don't we? I want our Brady, Marino, Kelly, Manning. It's about time.

The formula is simple...

Jets fans want anyone but Sanchez.

Geno checked his phone when visiting the Bills, plus he's black, so he'll immediately be painted as a thug turd (by the media) to plant seeds of doubt and panic in the Jets fan base that they once again whiffed on a QB. Doesn't matter if it's inaccurate, because it supports their narrative.

Sanchez says all the right things anytime a microphone is put in front of him, plus the mere thought of Sanchez starting drives outrage and panic in the Jets fan base.

Long story short, the media relies on Jets fans to be pissed or panicking at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    The formula is simple...

Jets fans want anyone but Sanchez.

Geno checked his phone when visiting the Bills, plus he's black, so he'll immediately be painted as a thug turd (by the media) to plant seeds of doubt and panic in the Jets fan base that they once again whiffed on a QB. Doesn't matter if it's inaccurate, because it supports their narrative.

Sanchez says all the right things anytime a microphone is put in front of him, plus the mere thought of Sanchez starting drives outrage and panic in the Jets fan base.

Long story short, the media relies on Jets fans to be pissed or panicking at all times.
    Smith is black?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Smith is black?
    yea

Jets Insider VIP
    Not sure why this is even being discussed because THIS is what IS going to happen.

1) Smith outplays Buttfumble from day one in Cortland to week 3 of the preseason and is named starting QB

2) Smith leads Jets to a successful 2013 season and beyond

3) Buttfumble is released immediately after the 2013 season and takes his hangdog looks and turnovers elsewhere

there is no way the jets can have sanchez start the season home opener after what has gone on the past 2 yrs. the fans will boo him the second he runs onto the field

Of course the media wants Sanchez to start, we are guaranteed to suck this way.

The more we suck the more negative press they can generate, this will then result in more clicks, more papers sold, more twitter followings and more self publicising by the very hacks who write the garbage that constantly follows this team.

Last thing the media wants is a feel good young qb Andy Dalton type story. They want Sanchez to "win" the job, and then have a long qb controversy as the team goes 3 and 13 and Geno runs the Tebowcat.

Most major media outlets NEED the schaudenfredic clicks to Jets trolling articles from fans of other teams. It's become a large part of their business model.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    there is no way the jets can have sanchez start the season home opener after what has gone on the past 2 yrs. the fans will boo him the second he runs onto the field
    You're forgetting pre-season. He starts away in Detroit. And if he's decent, they try him out at home. By the season opener it will be clear if he's going to suck or not. If they start him, it means he didn't totally suck and the boos, hopefully, won't happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    You're forgetting pre-season. He starts away in Detroit. And if he's decent, they try him out at home. By the season opener it will be clear if he's going to suck or not. If they start him, it means he didn't totally suck and the boos, hopefully, won't happen.
    he's sucked for two full seasons, is there some sort of magic fairy dust that will transform him suddenly into an NFL QB

I don't think so, but it's a moot point since Smith is going to outplay him in Cortland and in the preseason and going to be the starting QB of the NYJ come September

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

The more we suck the more negative press they can generate, this will then result in more clicks, more papers sold, more twitter followings and more self publicising by the very hacks who write the garbage that constantly follows this team.
    This is exactly what I was gonna say

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    This is exactly what I was gonna say
    Great minds think alike hitman!

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    The formula is simple...

Bingo.

I stopped falling for that bait a while back. Thank god for bloggers and Twitter. They're the perfect outlet to escape the crap mainstream sports media. No agenda, just pure analysis.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Those bastids!

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    he's sucked for two full seasons, is there some sort of magic fairy dust that will transform him suddenly into an NFL QB

I don't think so, but it's a moot point since Smith is going to outplay him in Cortland and in the preseason and going to be the starting QB of the NYJ come September
    Care to put a few dollars on that or are you just going to continue to blow fairy dust out your a$$ and come up with BS excuses when Sanchez starts?

Care to put a few dollars on that or are you just going to continue to blow fairy dust out your a$$ and come up with BS excuses when Sanchez starts?
    Right. Just like he swore up and down he would be cut in June