Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let the Ricky Sappathon begin...!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Remember Jamaal Westerman? Same sh!t.
    The first of many failed DPRs.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Original idea for a thread. We haven't heard this in what a week or two?
    BTW, every and all players look like HOF players in these useless highlight videos
    Did you even watch the clip? This was the worst "highlight" video I've ever seen. I gave up halfway through because I don't think Sapp touched the ball carrier once while I was watching. It's like it was deliberately put together by someone who wanted him to look talentless. It doesn't make him look like a HOF player, unless by "HOF" you mean "Hall of Fu*k". I hope he's better than this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jamal Westersapp

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Did you even watch the clip? This was the worst "highlight" video I've ever seen. I gave up halfway through because I don't think Sapp touched the ball carrier once while I was watching. It's like it was deliberately put together by someone who wanted him to look talentless. It doesn't make him look like a HOF player, unless by "HOF" you mean "Hall of Fu*k". I hope he's better than this.
    LO...I didnt watch the highlight tape, but when Sapp was at Clemson he was know as a "pile jumper", always late to the play but would jump on the pile and act like he was involved in the play. Plus he only had 17 sacks in his 4 years at Clemson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm skeptical as to whether Sapp can stay healthy but I always appreciate Silk's pre training camp optimism. This year's Jets have so many question marks ... QB, TE, RT, guard, safety, linebacker, NT ... I need Silkmo's joyful take and collegiate scout film be it three years or older.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I'm skeptical as to whether Sapp can stay healthy but I always appreciate Silk's pre training camp optimism. This year's Jets have so many question marks ... QB, TE, RT, guard, safety, linebacker, NT ... I need Silkmo's joyful take and collegiate scout film be it three years or older.

There's so much football action going on right now that I just couldn't help myself. By the way I also touted Harrison and DeVito and Bellore and McIntyre and Cumberland and Cole and Woodhead and Igedigbo and Trusnik and Pitoitua and Wright and Moore and Chrebet... The list of undrafted free agent goes on and on, maybe no hall of famers but solid players who stuck around and made contributions. Bellore might be our best special teams player and Harrison may jump Ellis as our starter at NT, Cumberland is our starting TE for now, so don't be so quick to dismiss Sapp.

Also look out for Darrin Walls and Vidal Hazelton, I think they'll make the team.
    Last edited by Slikmojet; 07-17-2013 at 09:25 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm excited to see what Barnes can do. Really think him and Coples will be double digit bookends.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    There's so much football action going on right now that I just couldn't help myself. By the way I also touted Harrison and DeVito and Bellore and McIntyre and Cumberland and Cole and Woodhead and Igedigbo and Trusnik and Pitoitua and Wright and Moore and Chrebet... The list of undrafted free agent goes on and on, maybe no hall of famers but solid players who stuck around and made contributions. Bellore might be our best special teams player and Harrison may jump Ellis as our starter at NT, Cumberland is our starting TE for now, so don't be so quick to dismiss Sapp.

Also look out for Darrin Walls and Vidal Hazelton, I think they'll make the team.
    No disrespect intended to you with my snarky comment about the video. I enjoy your optimism and hope you're correct about Sapp, despite how the video made him look. I'm personally hoping Rontez Miles surprises some people.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, OP is Jake Steinberg. Good to know.
    I thought the same thing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, OP is Jake Steinberg. Good to know.
    Lol was thinking the same thing

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Exactly. These type of threads jock-riding the All-Potential team deserve to be thrown one place:

IN DA BUSHES!!!
    Or we can just wait for the next jackass SOJF tool who knows it all, and wait for his next gem?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Nope, never watch them. Can make anyone look better than they are.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And the reason why he has barely played in the NFL is ...... He can't play himself off the PS or stay healthy AND word is he quit on the Eagles. So yeah, his college highlight reel is useless. Its been 3+ years since he was drafted, there is a book on him now.
    If he can't play himself off the PS or stay healthy, what ****ing book has been written?

You said we can't compare the player's NFL performance to college, he hasn't had an NFL performance to compare to.

You try way too hard to impress anybody who will give the garbage you put on this site any kind of response, and far too often you fail miserably.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    If he can't play himself off the PS or stay healthy, what ****ing book has been written?

You said we can't compare the player's NFL performance to college, he hasn't had an NFL performance to compare to.

You try way too hard to impress anybody who will give the garbage you put on this site any kind of response, and far too often you fail miserably.
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 07-18-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or we can just wait for the next jackass SOJF tool who knows it all, and wait for his next gem?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post

Well I think if you talk up every single UDFA that the team signs...there's a chance that you'll be right about a few of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ricky Sapp is the Legend that Never Was.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Ricky Sapp is the Legend that Never Was.
    Think how great it will be for you to hate another Jet if he makes the final roster and plays

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post

Laughable, there is nobody here I'm trying to impress, especially a snot-nosed youngin' like yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Ray, who am I trying to impress? You keep throwing out these baseless allegations. Do you want me to try to impress you? Are you jealous? Do you want to be my e-mentor?

As for Sapp, the book is plain and simple. 3 years in the league, had issues in Philly, has always been hurt and couldn't even play his way on to the field for a team that hasn't had a pass rusher in YEARS.

If you are going to your default argument that there is chance then don't bother. I will concede that there is chance that he turns into Bruce Smith.