Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BR: Root Cause of Geno Dropping and QBs

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Why am I horrible? It is a valid statement IMO. Guy bashed his OL and got bashed for it. Not sure what else you can say about that. It was obvious most of those sack where lack luster play on the OL.
    You honestly feel that professional football players actually conspired to undermine a player on their own team because he said something unflattering!!!!

And you are basing this on not one sread of evidence other than your own wide eyed conspiracy theory!!!!

Ok

And Good Grief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You honestly feel that professional football players actually conspired to undermine a player on their own team because he said something unflattering!!!!

And you are basing this on not one sread of evidence other than your own wide eyed conspiracy theory!!!!

Ok

And Good Grief!!!
    Conspire? lol OK they are not people. If you really think they wouldnt do that to a guy who threw them under the bus then you have never been part of a real team. The one thing I give Mark is other players on this team seem to legitimately like him. I dont think they feel the same way about McElroy. Inspiring leadership is not his quality at all. We all hate people it is human nature. You can say they are pros yes but that doesnt mean they can brush anything off and act like there is no issue. The OL obviously had it's worst game EVER. You really think that just happened to heppen the one game Elroy started? Come on man.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    lol...

It's time to find a new hobby, son.
    Nice Sig Pic

Quote Originally Posted by Win4ever View Post
    To be honest, it's really sad that we got stuck with Sanchez on the 09 and 10 seasons. If Farve stayed on, instead of bolting to the Vikings to stick it to the Packers, we would've been so much better. We had the defense, we had the OL, the WR core was good, the RBs were good. We had pretty much everything but the god damn QB.

WV was pretty much a 3 man show, with Austin, Bailey, and Geno.
    If Favre had stayed for ONE MORE SEASON in 2009 we would have gone to the Super Bowl in 2009. I have no doubt in my mind. We almost got the Super Bowl with rookie Butt-chez.

Favre having a full off-season to learn our plays + Rex's D = Super Bowl

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We're saying the same thing, only I think it's fear that keeps him from making a decision, and actually causes interceptions. Especially on check downs. From the beginning he needed to be unafraid to throw a pick, and learn from them. It's too late now, but he could have been better. He used to be better.
    Absolutely. He's afraid of screwing up, so waits for the perfect situation ... it never comes so he's forced to throw far too late. By trying so hard not to screw up, he screws up worse.

It's a vicious circle to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'm not defending Sanchez because he sucks but Stephen Hill had already dropped two passes that game and by that point his sole function was that of decoy. Defense didn't even bother covering him because it became obvious that although still on the field, that Sanchez/Sparano had removed Hill as a legitimate option. The offense from top (Sparano) to bottom (Sanchez/Hill, et al) was atrocious.
    Yeah, Hill had been ignored in the offense for awhile, but I think the QB has to take some responsibility and try to develop the kid during the year. He's not going to learn how to catch by running dummy routes. Even if he dropped 4 out of 10 passes, it would've been better than Sanchez's completion percentage. If you couldn't throw to him in that wide open a situation, he shouldn't be out there in the first place. And my god, was Sporano a bad hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I've actually mentioned this before, as bad as the butt fumble was, this play against the Seahawks was the single worst play by Sanchez this season. It sums up his total lack of confidence, his ability to make the right decision, and his inability to read everything going on. THere was really no excuse for not throwing a TD pass on that play.
    It seemed like a backyard game type of play, where one unpopular kid jumps up and down for the ball wide open, and the QB decides to throw it to his friend and gets intercepted. The defense didn't even bite on his pump fake, the defenders are pretty much exactly at the same place around Hill in pic 1 and 3. He also pump faked, and then went completely away from the area he was targeting with the pump fake. I would've understood better, if there was a crossing route underneath or above him, and he wanted to freeze the LBs enough to get the other guy open, but there wasn't. It was a pump fake in the middle, and then an out route, where the guy defending the out route isn't worried about the pump fake at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    From week 6 back I can watch any JETS gave with Hill and Mark and see at least 2 plays like that. Hill should have had like an 800+ yard rookie year IMO but just wasnt thrown too when he got open. It was not shocking that that asshat McElroy was able to find him in the games he played. IMO McElroy is actually the better option over Mark he is just a prick and I dont like him at all. That hate I have for that guy is 2nd to no one.
    I noticed this too, right after the first NE game, where he had that big drop (which btw, didn't cost us the game. The fumble on the kick right after we kicked a FG should have sealed the game, but instead we ran three mundane plays to get another FG and left enough time for them to march right down the field to get a FG tie. If Hill catches that, we'd be down 3, in the same general area as we were in when we got the fumble back) and they just would ignore him after that. He had a ton of games where he could just have the curl in route for a free 8 yards, and Sanchez would rather throw it to the other CB's chest.

If you don't think a guy can play, sit the guy. Plenty of picks take a seat. But don't throw him out there knowing fully well that you have no real intention of throwing it to him, even when he's wide open. It reeks immaturity and a lack of control on the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If Favre had stayed for ONE MORE SEASON in 2009 we would have gone to the Super Bowl in 2009. I have no doubt in my mind. We almost got the Super Bowl with rookie Butt-chez.

We had a shot with Favre in '08, until he got hurt and his throws were just off. But yeah, 2009 definitely would've been better if we could have had Favre under center, or any one else with some talent.

You know who would've been absolutely perfect, had we not gone after Sanchez? Kurt Warner. But Warner decided to retire for no reason.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    If there are those who think Mark will do better in the WCO since it fits what he does better, then Geno should flat out shine in this system once he gets it all down. Geno is better at everything compared to Mark. Stronger and more accurate arm, better pocket mobility, better escape ability, better when facing pressure... Geno has been used to making quick and accurate throws in his college offense. The only thing he needs is to get enough reps under center to get 100% comfortable with the timing. All Geno has had to concentrate on is this aspect of his skills. We should all hope he has gotten better at the 3, 5 and 7 step drops. Cuz if he does we'll likely have a much better QB on our hands. Geno is already better at the throwing aspect of his job.

Someone had mentioned Geno having small hands and I was curious to see what other QB's hand sizes were. His hands are pretty much avg. 9.28". RG3 hands are 9.38". Joe Flacco 9.38".
    Even the WCO cant improve marks errant passes to DB's, nor his uncanny ability to throw into opposing linemens hands at the los. Only Jets West can do that.

FREE THE GENO!!! (and if he sux,and shows no ability lets draft a blue chipper in 2014)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsluva View Post
    If there are those who think Mark will do better in the WCO since it fits what he does better, then Geno should flat out shine in this system once he gets it all down. Geno is better at everything compared to Mark. Stronger and more accurate arm, better pocket mobility, better escape ability, better when facing pressure... Geno has been used to making quick and accurate throws in his college offense. The only thing he needs is to get enough reps under center to get 100% comfortable with the timing. All Geno has had to concentrate on is this aspect of his skills. We should all hope he has gotten better at the 3, 5 and 7 step drops. Cuz if he does we'll likely have a much better QB on our hands. Geno is already better at the throwing aspect of his job.

Someone had mentioned Geno having small hands and I was curious to see what other QB's hand sizes were. His hands are pretty much avg. 9.28". RG3 hands are 9.38". Joe Flacco 9.38".
    Yes Jim Druckenmiller had the biggest hands, at 11 1/4. Tebow 10 1/8. Two hall of famers there. Vick has 8 1/2" hand span and he can't throw a lick. Can't find Brady's hand size. Interestingly unavailable. They look pretty small though. Kaepernick's hands are 9 1/8.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

You mean the Jets having a full off-season to learn Brett Favre plays right ??

Favre learning how to hand off would have done nothing to get us to the SB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    You mean the Jets having a full off-season to learn Brett Favre plays right ??

Favre learning how to hand off would have done nothing to get us to the SB.
    Sh1t, really, the Jets would have just handed the ball off with Favre at QB? Or did the Jets, rightfully, with a rookie QB, that OL and Thomas Jones run the ball?

We could have 22 pro bowlers starting on the O & D, Marino or Montana at QB and you and others would still find a way to whine.

Duplicate post.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 07-22-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I'm not defending Sanchez because he sucks but Stephen Hill had already dropped two passes that game and by that point his sole function was that of decoy. Defense didn't even bother covering him because it became obvious that although still on the field, that Sanchez/Sparano had removed Hill as a legitimate option. The offense from top (Sparano) to bottom (Sanchez/Hill, et al) was atrocious.
    So because of two drops, you don't throw to a guy. Even if he's standing WIDE OPEN in the end zone. Gotcha.

If that was even remotely a possibility as to why Sanchez chose to not go to Hill on that play he's a bigger retard than I originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    So because of two drops, you don't throw to a guy. Even if he's standing WIDE OPEN in the end zone. Gotcha.

If that was even remotely a possibility as to why Sanchez chose to not go to Hill on that play he's a bigger retard than I originally thought.
    Yes he is. What other explanation is there for that play? Mark looked directly at a wide open Hill in the middle of the endzone and then looked off and threw it into tight coverage. He saw Hill open and elected to go elsewhere.

Furthermore, the year before, Mark ignored a wide open Santonio Holmes several times from the middle of the season to the tail end of the season. It's one of the reasons that Holmes had his petulant melt down in Miami.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post

Yes Sanchez is so afraid of being baited by DBs jumping other receivers that he never trusts an open look. If he threw to Hill there it would have been picked anyway, because he would have triple clutched first. A lot of that though is on the coaches. I think Marty, and Lee will give him easier keys. Maybe even use team's tendency to bait Mark against them...That is, god forbid, that Geno is not ready to play week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes Jim Druckenmiller had the biggest hands, at 11 1/4. Tebow 10 1/8. Two hall of famers there. Vick has 8 1/2" hand span and he can't throw a lick. Can't find Brady's hand size. Interestingly unavailable. They look pretty small though. Kaepernick's hands are 9 1/8.
    Lol, hands tend to be over-rated because I don't think it affects the way most of these guys throw. It makes a difference if your hands are like a girl, but the difference of an inch from 9.5 to 10.5 isn't going to make anyone a better passer. The only argument I could see is if, you are in the process of throwing, and get hit, you have a better shot at hanging onto the ball, since your hand is covering more surface area of the ball, but that situation arises on a limited basis to begin with, before factoring in the difference it would make in that one inch of hand area.