Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPYS (Jets related)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

ESPYS (Jets related)

Anyone watch last night? I didn't watch live but I woke up last night and couldn't fall back asleep. So I watched the replay at 2am.

Anyways, they took a big shot at the Jets at one point. I don't remember how it went but they were making fun of something about getting a job. And they said "they could always play QB for the NY Jets".

Just wondering if anyone else heard it. I was trying to explain to my son what was said but I can't remember exactly and I can't find it online.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I think you have more important things about the Jets to explain to your son.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    This. Like preparing him for a lifetime of near misses.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Trust me I hear ya! Problem is, my wife saw the ESPYS. So when my son got up this morning she told him they made fun of the Jets. He asked me what they said and I couldn't remember exactly.

Jets Insider VIP
    They did a skit where they were talking about how the NFL got off to a real rocky start last year with the replacement officials, and how many blown calls they had, etc. So they said lets follow up with one of those replacement officials now and see where he is and how he is doing. A comedian came out dressed like a ref, acting (purposely) like a flamboyant gay guy, and saying how being a ref was so hard and there was so much to remember, etc. He said that the NFL has been so good to him however and offered him a new job when the real officials came back - Lights Operator at the Super Dome (obviously with what happened at the Super Bowl - this was supposed to further play into how incompetent he is). So when the host said, "Wow, that didn't really go to well either, did it?" To which he said, "No, it didn't. But they haven't given up on me yet. They are actually considering me for another job now." The host says, "Oh yeah, which job would that be?"

"QB of the NY Jets."
    Last edited by JMJ; 07-18-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The skit was painfully unfunny. By the time the Jets joke came people probably tuned out anyway.

ESPYs were hit and miss. The jokes were terrible, and ESPN fellating the Miami Heat reached new bounds. But the segments on Robin Roberts and the father who pushes his disabled son in marathons were fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The skit was painfully unfunny. By the time the Jets joke came people probably tuned out anyway.

ESPYs were hit and miss. The jokes were terrible, and ESPN fellating the Miami Heat reached new bounds. But the segments on Robin Roberts and the father who pushes his disabled son in marathons were fantastic.
    Draper's opening monologue had some great bazingas. I thought he was great as well (other than the one sketch with the pageboy from 30 rock).

Jets Insider VIP
    The only award show worth watching is the Grammy's and even that sucks balls.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The only award show worth watching is the Grammy's and even that sucks balls.
    When it comes to ego on display, the Grammys is number one with the ESPYs not far behind. I can't stand the Grammys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    When it comes to ego on display, the Grammys is number one with the ESPYs not far behind. I can't stand the Grammys.
    Oscars!

I'd like to thank the Academy...and god for making me so great. Let me give you my thoughts on politics and then we'll get to the movie in which I took my top off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Oscars!

I'd like to thank the Academy...and god for making me so great. Let me give you my thoughts on politics and then we'll get to the movie in which I took my top off.
    Who is Anne Hathaway?

Lets finish 'Trite Acceptance Speeches' for $1000, Caltron.

Hall Of Fame
    Any mentions of the ButtFumble?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Who is Anne Hathaway?

Lets finish 'Trite Acceptance Speeches' for $1000, Caltron.
    Holy ****. I'm not sure it's humanly possible to fit more smug self importance into a 3 minute speech than that. The best part... she really doesn't even get the joke. It's not an act which makes it 1,000 times worse. DWC in hot female form.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This. Like preparing him for a lifetime of near misses.
    LMAO

nuts

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Any mentions of the ButtFumble?
    I saw him tweet out a pic of Jets West (via instagram) so I clicked on the pic. The first four most recent comments under it were

Did you buttfumble!?
    Butt fumble.
    Buttfumbler!
    You suck.

lololol. Poor Mark.

Bewildered Beast
    I saw him tweet out a pic of Jets West (via instagram) so I clicked on the pic. The first four most recent comments under it were

Did you buttfumble!?
    Butt fumble.
    Buttfumbler!
    You suck.

lololol. Poor Mark.
    I'm more concerned about sg3. If we can see him working, then how long before the authorities lock in on him?

Jets Insider VIP
    I have no idea what your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I'm more concerned about sg3. If we can see him working, then how long before the authorities lock in on him?
    I love that geezer.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love that geezer.
    We're not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    We're not surprised.
    Who are you?