Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to Chicago without consulting you 1st....*****es!!!!

All Pro

Went to Chicago without consulting you 1st....b****es!!!!

Was delayed, then busy but took some time to have a dee-lishus 45 day wet aged sliced strip steak at the Gibson's Rosemont (near airport across from arena) location...teh previous night one of my peers saw Ashton and Mila in teh downtown boite. Didnt need the k-nife at all

Also had one of these for the 1st time...apparently a local success story sold out to InBev...this one not made in CHI butin Ft Collins CO..not bad but not great

Billy Welu, R. I. P.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 07-18-2013 at 08:50 PM.

All Pro
    Is Chiacago where they make Chia pets?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Is Chiacago where they make Chia pets?
    Whut?

It's where Stanley Cups are won

( just funnin'. I changed the title to teh rite spelin)

dis is the only one from there but I believe it was imported

Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 07-18-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Veteran
    just got back, stayed in the Amalfi Hotel one block off the river, ate Harry Carrie's, had the Salmon, Weber Grill, 16oz porter house and can't leave without Pizza, Lou Malnati's. not a bad meal, all top notch and that city is great. to add they won the cup while there.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    just got back, stayed in the Amalfi Hotel one block off the river, ate Harry Carrie's, had the Salmon, Weber Grill, 16oz porter house and can't leave without Pizza, Lou Malnati's. not a bad meal, all top notch and that city is great. to add they won the cup while there.
    Sounds delisherous! Never went to H. Carays but Weber Grill is great. This time I had to go to desolate craptastic N. Chicago (ecch) and had to do a lot of prep work combined with an unexpected 2 hr delay had little time for Chi-town proper.

Going back to Lake Zurich area in a few weeks - have to drive due to health issues but will be shirley chompin' up a storm before during and after.

Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 07-18-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Sounds delisherous! Never went to H. Carays but Weber Grill is great. This time I had to go to desolate craptastic N. Chicago (ecch) and had to do a lot of prep work combined with an unexpected 2 hr delay had little time for Chi-town proper.

Going back to Lake Zurich area in a few weeks - have to drive due to health issues but will be shirley chompin' up a storm before during and after.

lol you were in the town of North Chicago

next time go to the town of West Chicago - just as far west

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    lol you were in the town of North Chicago

next time go to the town of West Chicago - just as far west
    for the corporate parks that were there i was surprised to see little in the way of decent eats or lodging

yet this wasteland spawned benny, brando, bradbury and gary coleman

go figure

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I am going with the 16 yr. old sopne next month. Me, two pals and their sons. We are going to catch a night White Sox game, then a day game at Wrigley. Got some good suggestions here, though I dont remember any of them. Is there a search function on this site? WHere was Leroy Brown from. Ixshnay of the Brownay.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I am going with the 16 yr. old sopne next month. Me, two pals and their sons. We are going to catch a night White Sox game, then a day game at Wrigley. Got some good suggestions here, though I dont remember any of them. Is there a search function on this site? WHere was Leroy Brown from. Ixshnay of the Brownay.
    In the baddest part of town............

Why do guys post pictures of their dinners here?

Jets Insider VIP
    There is way too much sauce on that steak, which will mask the natural beautiful taste of the meat. Don't put stuff on your meat - it ruins it.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Hall Of Fame
    for the corporate parks that were there i was surprised to see little in the way of decent eats or lodging

yet this wasteland spawned benny, brando, bradbury and gary coleman

go figure

next time you are as far north as North Chicago, head up to Milwaukee. The food there is just as good as Chicago.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Wet-aged steak? I guess that's another reason why Chicago is known as the 2nd (Class) City.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    There is way too much sauce on that steak, which will mask the natural beautiful taste of the meat. Don't put stuff on your meat - it ruins it.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Why do guys post pictures of their dinners here?
    STFU troll, why do you post pictures of your decrepit meniscus jerry-rigged with spare bits of Scotch tape and Erector sets, that ruin my dinner?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Thank you for your comments. However I elected to purchase the strip steak in a wine reduction. Big difference between that and you slathering A1 or HP
    catsup-worcestershire medley on top.

the sides were meh, but the steak was as fine as I have had-juicy, tender, and flavor unmasked by the sauce.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Wet-aged steak? I guess that's another reason why Chicago is known as the 2nd (Class) City.
    It is to laugh, while you were fighting JT for the last hit of Bromo-Dragonfly
    you were probably grappling Greco-Roman style for the last ladle of Hamburger Helper.

oh sure they have dry-aged, but if you want to scrap off green fuz while you fight off that strong Herb-Ox taste be my guest.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 07-19-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

It is to laugh, while you were fighting JT for the last hit of Bromo-Dragonfly
    you were probably grappling Greco-Roman style for the last ladle of Hamburger Helper.

oh sure they have dry-aged, but if you want to scrap off green fuz while you fight off that strong Herb-Ox taste be my guest.
    Obviously you're a little sensitive - seems like the per diem was cut and you have to keep dinner under $30. Times are tough....Completely understand.

And you joke, but Things' Hamburger Helper is some of the finest in the parking lot. If you go to the alt.rec.phish archives, his Hamburger Helper on the 96' Summer Tour was voted 2nd best post show munchie.

Bewildered Beast
    I loved his madness