Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Dee Milner Sports Science

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Dee Milner Sports Science

    Pretty cool, enjoy

    http://youtu.be/1rQ81bZV7TY

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive stuff, just hope people have realistic expectations and know he will most likely never be as good as Revis or even close, because those players only come around so often.

    Also crazy top comment, something positive about the Jets and from a Pats fan no less.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool is the word! Thanks for posting that!

  4. #4
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Defense 2013

    If his shoulder heals properly, he will be one hell of a corner.Cromartie on the other side and a much improved K.Wilson will give our DL time to rush the QB.Stopping the run on first down will be crucial for the defense.Third and long can lead to sacks from Barnes/Coples or ints from our DBs.Any comments?

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,625
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by miamijet1 View Post
    If his shoulder heals properly, he will be one hell of a corner.Cromartie on the other side and a much improved K.Wilson will give our DL time to rush the QB.Stopping the run on first down will be crucial for the defense.Third and long can lead to sacks from Barnes/Coples or ints from our DBs.Any comments?
    Indeed

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice stats there, let's hope he is 100% healthy by camp

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Impressive stuff, just hope people have realistic expectations and know he will most likely never be as good as Revis or even close, because those players only come around so often.

    Also crazy top comment, something positive about the Jets and from a Pats fan no less.
    If he turns out to be as good as Cro, we will still have one of the best CB's tandems in the NFL.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Macon, Georgia
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dee doesn't have to be exactly the same as Revis. I actually think he's gonna be really good in his own right. He's got talent and if he can hold his position well he's gonna have a good year with the front 7 we have. I see a few INT's in this kids future.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Impressive stuff, just hope people have realistic expectations and know he will most likely never be as good as Revis or even close, because those players only come around so often.

    Also crazy top comment, something positive about the Jets and from a Pats fan no less.
    Thanks for telling us how good he won't be before he has even put a foot on the turf.

    You're more than likely right, but if he's as good as advertised, we're good.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take Peterson good

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Impressive stuff, just hope people have realistic expectations and know he will most likely never be as good as Revis or even close, because those players only come around so often.

    Also crazy top comment, something positive about the Jets and from a Pats fan no less.
    I have realistic expectations of him being way better than Wilson.
    Considering that the Jets had the 2nd ranked pass defense without Revis, & they bolstered their Dline.
    Just need one more safety to come to the fore.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, thanks. He has all the tools to be a really nice shutdown corner. He's not the ballhawk type like Peterson, but I think his coverage skills are great.

    I like Sports Science, although they tend to be wax poetic about pretty much everything. You never see a guy actually test bad. They tend to just highlight the positives and move on it seems.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this, it's impressive. He's in freakish company with Patrick Peterson and Cro on that list.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    7,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not handcuffing our cap to 16mil a year to #24 will be the move that we all look back on & say wow ... What a great decision ... (As long as smith is brought around only WHEN he is ready)

    Love the millner & Richardson picks

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Not handcuffing our cap to 16mil a year to #24 will be the move that we all look back on & say wow ... What a great decision ... (As long as smith is brought around only WHEN he is ready)

    Love the millner & Richardson picks
    Well said - I really think it comes down simply to health with Millner as he seems to have zero off the field concerns with attitude etc and he has excelled at every level he has played. He was a 5 star recruit, who had a great college career on the field, tested well at the combine and is technically sound in coverage and most importantly in run support.

    Plus he came from the most pro-style program, especially defensively, that that there is in college football.

    But to the previous point - paying Millner his rookie contract vs paying revis will allow us to probably get 2 very solid starters on the team rather then one super-duper star. Its smart team management that we wont see right away but will come to let us do A LOT in the coming years to help this team.

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    925
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I have realistic expectations of him being way better than Wilson.
    Considering that the Jets had the 2nd ranked pass defense without Revis, & they bolstered their Dline.
    Just need one more safety to come to the fore.
    I thought Wilson really step it up last year in the absence of Revis. It surely has taken more time then most of us thought yet hehas become solid in the slot and much improved on the outside. I do expect Dee to come around much quicker due to the style of play and level of competition he faced in college.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,228
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one questions Dee Milner's tremendous football ability ... whether he can stay healthy is the question. Yes, he has only missed one game in three seasons but five surgeries in a college career is a serious concern. ( A surgery on each shoulder, a right knee scope, a repair of a sports hernia and a procedure for a right tibia stress fracture )

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great interview with Bo Jackson who besides Baseball and football loved track except for the mile run.. He told his HC coach if I don't have to run the mile I'll win the decathalon.. He was so far ahead on points as a jr and sr he sat in the stands when they ran the mile and still won.. Also never did any weight room work except for his neck..

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Thanks for telling us how good he won't be before he has even put a foot on the turf.

    You're more than likely right, but if he's as good as advertised, we're good.
    I wasn't trying to be negative, i just know when he has a bad game, which will happen because it happens to all rookies, the bs from certain fans and media will be "Revis wouldn't of allowed those catches, Revis wouldn't of allowed that TD etc etc'. I just want people to let Dee Milliner be Dee Milliner.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us