Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might be time to put my 11-year old pup to sleep

Thanks, man.

I was with her when she went. She made a noise like a cry, as if she was in pain. I jumped down to see if she was ok and she just starred at me. Her head was resting on something and so I moved it to get a better look at her and her head and stare just moved with it.

I should have just put her to sleep beforehand. I feel so guilty.

All League
    sorry to hear. pets are family and friend combined.

Hall Of Fame
    My dog made a similar noise before she took her last breath when we put her to sleep. And her last breaths were pretty deep. The vet told me it was common for some dogs to do that.

Take solace in knowing that she died in the comfort of her own home with you beside her and not on some cold stainless steel table in a vet's office.

All League
    Sorry for your loss.

Glad you were with her.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

I should have just put her to sleep beforehand. I feel so guilty.
    Don't beat yourself up, its often hard to know how a dog feels.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, I've lost three in the last two years. One of life's worst moments, you just have to let time do its thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    My dog made a similar noise before she took her last breath when we put her to sleep. And her last breaths were pretty deep. The vet told me it was common for some dogs to do that.

Take solace in knowing that she died in the comfort of her own home with you beside her and not on some cold stainless steel table in a vet's office.
    Wow, that actually makes me feel better. Thanks, man.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Don't beat yourself up, its often hard to know how a dog feels.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, I've lost three in the last two years. One of life's worst moments, you just have to let time do its thing.
    ==============================================

Quoted for truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow, that actually makes me feel better. Thanks, man.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.
    Yeah. Even though it was over 10 years ago I remember it like it was yesterday. She made a little yelp and then she sighed/yawned. She was 15 years old, her body just gave up.

Yea, that sounds right. Idk, I just wish I had paid more attention to her and been a better owner. It just sucks that I had all those years to do it and never did.

I sat down with her last night and apologized to her. Poor thing just looked like she knew she was dying. I just wish I could do things over.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yea, that sounds right. Idk, I just wish I had paid more attention to her and been a better owner. It just sucks that I had all those years to do it and never did.

I sat down with her last night and apologized to her. Poor thing just looked like she knew she was dying. I just wish I could do things over.
    Don't beat yourself up over it. As long as she had a warm place to sleep every night and food to eat everyday, you gave her a better home than thousands of dogs throughout the country.

Ugh, tonight sucks. My dog always slept in my room with me, and I keep feeling like I gotta go let her in from outside or something. It's so weird for her not to be snoring near my bed or waiting outside my door for me to let her in.

Needless to say, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight.

Ugh, tonight sucks. My dog always slept in my room with me, and I keep feeling like I gotta go let her in from outside or something. It's so weird for her not to be snoring near my bed or waiting outside my door for me to let her in.

very sorry about your loss, i know you think you wish you were a better owner...but i bet your guy thought you were the best owner in the world...this is another one of those life lessons, i do everything with my dogs in hopes that when the time comes i don't have any regrets.

Well, that's it. My old friend passed about 20 minutes ago. Poor thing stayed under my bed and took a few hard breathes and that was it.
    So Sorry,

Just remember you gave her a great life.....

http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Schluberator & Gadfly ®

Sorry to hear of your loss. What breed of dog was she? Was she a large breed since she was only 11?

Funny how things happen in "3's". I have been over to this other posting site

http://forums.delphiforums.com/table...es?msg=23776.1

kibitzing with some posters, two of which have just lost loyal furry friends, (one a 7 yr old Lhasa Apso named Orrie) and then I check in here to find your posts.

My sincerest condolences.

Tim