Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might be time to put my 11-year old pup to sleep

Might be time to put my 11-year old pup to sleep

Poor dog's completely reserved. Just sleeps all day, groans constantly, has trouble walking, has pretty much stopped eating, vomits odd bile, barely responds to anyone anymore, and started hiding under the bed. She may just be sick, so I'm gonna take her to the vet and see what they say. But, I'm thinking my old friend is just too tired to keep going.

I tell you, this really has not been a great couple of months for me. Egh.

All Pro
    So sorry. The hiding under the bed thing tells me it's in pain. It's time friend, put her down. It's the right thing to do for her.

Edit to add there is nothing the vet can do but spend your money and prolong the inevitable.

Hall Of Fame
    Sorry to hear about your dog. Saying goodbye to a loyal friend is next to impossible but the important thing is that you don't let her suffer.

Poor McG can't catch a break. Not sure how religious you are but I think this would be a good time to talk to God.

All Pro
    Damn, so sorry man, that's one of the worst things to deal with, just brutal.

Yeah, I figured it's just her time. We'll see what happens, but I'm not gonna make her suffer if it's something that can't be taken care of (i.e fix her discomfort/pain).

Over the years, I'd became disinterested in the whole pet thing (what with getting older and getting distracted). But, the poor thing shutting people out really makes me regret not appreciating her more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Looks like Fish has control of the shoe again. We need a new dealer.

Hope things brighten up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Looks like Fish has control of the shoe again. We need a new dealer.

Hope things brighten up a bit.
    I tell you, JW. It just seems like things just will not come together for me right now. For a minute, I thought my luck was turning around, but these past few months have just not been right. With some personal stuff, my health, and now this, I just don't get it.

Maybe I'm over thinking things, and I know that others have it far worse (which makes me feel selfish), but damn. The Jets better be at least competent this year, I swear...
    Last edited by McGinley; 07-19-2013 at 10:07 PM.

My friend,
    Seems your life is like a country song of late.
    Last year I had to put down my 15 year old Rottweiler who I raised from the age of five weeks. A very difficult task to say the least. This is without a doubt one of the worst things about own any animal. Anyway had a vet come to the house to do it We had all the family around her and I held her while the shot was given. She was in such pain in those last few days that letting her go so quietly was painful yet, peaceful all at the same time. Don't let your friend suffer, I am sure you can find a vet or vet assistant who will come to your home and stop her suffering.
    BTW, had my girl cremated and keep her ashes in our bedroom. So she will always be with us. She was such a kind, gentle and loving friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Sorry you had to do that, man. I'm just trying to make sure this is it and that her good days are gone. I don't wanna keep her going if she doesn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Sorry you had to do that, man. I'm just trying to make sure this is it and that her good days are gone. I don't wanna keep her going if she doesn't want to.
    That's cool pal, just make sure you don't keep her going for your own selfish reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Veteran
    Poor dog's completely reserved. Just sleeps all day, groans constantly, has trouble walking, has pretty much stopped eating, vomits odd bile, barely responds to anyone anymore, and started hiding under the bed. She may just be sick, so I'm gonna take her to the vet and see what they say. But, I'm thinking my old friend is just too tired to keep going.

I tell you, this really has not been a great couple of months for me. Egh.
    Bless you dude. I hope he passes peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Bless you dude. I hope he passes peacefully.
    Thanks, man. Means a lot to me.

Ah, man... total bummer.

Just let the pup eat chocolate now and make sure you're the last face she sees.

You'll both know that's the best that can be done in the end. Mercy and grace. No need for the suffering.

Dogs don't live long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    So sorry. The hiding under the bed thing tells me it's in pain. It's time friend, put her down. It's the right thing to do for her.

Edit to add there is nothing the vet can do but spend your money and prolong the inevitable.
    This is unfortunately the truth. The poor thing is in pain.

I have a nearly 16 year old dog that is in rough shape, but she eats and is showing no signs of being in any pain, so we keep working around her problems.
    Last edited by Pats1960; 07-20-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    You are not having a good week. Sorry my friend

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I tell you, JW. It just seems like things just will not come together for me right now. For a minute, I thought my luck was turning around, but these past few months have just not been right. With some personal stuff, my health, and now this, I just don't get it.

Maybe I'm over thinking things, and I know that others have it far worse (which makes me feel selfish), but damn. The Jets better be at least competent this year, I swear...
    Uhh, don't count on the Jets to brighten your spirits...

Hang in there and best of luck. You're having a tough go of it right now, but things will turn around.

All League
    sorry to hear this... I truly hope things take a happier turn for you

Jets Insider VIP

You're right on both counts; things aren't coming together and you are over thinking. There's a lot of sh1tty things in life and sometimes it can feel like they outnumber the good things. Fact is, that's never the case; it just takes a sometimes Herculean effort to gain the perspective to realize that. Trust me, there are few people on this board that can fully appreciate the stress you are feeling right now. I'm fairly confident I am one of them. Try your best to engage life right now and distract yourself from the negativity, while remaining introspective enough to come to terms with your stressful situations.

Well, that's it. My old friend passed about 20 minutes ago. Poor thing stayed under my bed and took a few hard breathes and that was it.

So sorry to hear. I've been there I know how you feel. I currently have an 8year old Westie. She is part of the family, but we all know what is inevitable.

Once again my condolences.