Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Islam

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    LOL. Warfish scans thread, a vague smile on his face. Mission accomplished.
    I call BS.

Warfish doesn't smile.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    100 years ago the same was said of Irish and Italian immigrants in the USA.
    No way no how. They were poor not stupid.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    No way no how. They were poor not stupid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    LOL

All League

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Wow a powerful video that calls Islam silly and plagerizes Old and New Testament.

Islam is based on a known and provable lie.

The lie is that Muhammad was an Abrahamic Prophet of God. Muhammad was never an Abrahamic Prophet of God which he claimed to be. Jews and Christians rejected Muhammad as an Abrahamic Prophet of God.

Ask any Muslim how Muhammad became an Abrahamic Prophet of God and the best response you get is a blank stare from them. The worst, more common, response you get from them is threats of violence. But you'll never get an explanation as to how Muhammad became an Abrahamic Prophet of God - because there isn't one since Muhammad was never an Abrahamic Prophet of God.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post

The lie is that Muhammad was an Abrahamic Prophet of God. Muhammad was never an Abrahamic Prophet of God which he claimed to be. Jews and Christians rejected Muhammad as an Abrahamic Prophet of God.

Ask any Muslim how Muhammad became an Abrahamic Prophet of God and the best response you get is a blank stare from them. The worst, more common, response you get from them is threats of violence. But you'll never get an explanation as to how Muhammad became an Abrahamic Prophet of God - because there isn't one since Muhammad was never an Abrahamic Prophet of God.

I don't think that's the point though - whether or not the religion is "true" - I thought the point was, presently, one can objectively say Islam is far more violent and intolerant than any other religion on the planet.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't think that's the point though - whether or not the religion is "true" - I thought the point was, presently, one can objectively say Islam is far more violent and intolerant than any other religion on the planet.
    Because we are all Infidels who are doomed to Hell.

Jets Insider VIP

I seriously doubt you've ever personally had that conversation with any Muslim.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_does...ar_to_Muhammad

Where does the angel Gabriel appear to Muhammad?

Answer:

In the Hira Cave.

Muslims believe that Gabriel of the Bible appeared to Mohammad at the Cave of Hira. A close examination would prove that Gabriel of the Bible did not appear to Mohammad. Following are the reasons:

1) The messages given were contradictory: Gabriel gave a message to Mary, the mother of Jesus, that Jesus would be called the Son of God (Luke 1:35). Gabriel gave a message to Prophet Daniel that Messiah would die for sins (Dan 9:24-26). The spirit that spoke to Mohammad gave a contradictory message. Hence the Biblical Gabriel did not speak to Mohammad.

2) The Biblical figures knew who appeared to them, Mohammad did not: Daniel, Zachariah and Mary knew that it was Gabriel who appeared to them (Daniel 9:21, Luke 1:19, Luke 1:26-35). Mohammad was not aware of who spoke to him at the Cave of Hira. It was the opinion of his wife Kadijah and his cousin Waraqa that made Mohammad to believe that it was Gabriel of the Bible who spoke to him.

3) The Biblical figures were never forced to do anything by Gabriel but Mohammad was forcefully pressed down to the ground: This spirit who spoke to Mohammad pressed him down forcefully and asked him to recite, to which the terrified Mohammad replied I cannot recite. This ordeal repeated three times!

4) The spirit was ignorant that Mohammad could not read : The spirit asked three times Mohammad to read. A real angel of God should have known that he do not know how to read.

5) Mohammad was terrified even hours after this spirit spoke to him: Mohammad had to go to Kadijah, his first wife, terrified and said "Cover me, cover me." This experience of fear was with Mohammad several days. This was never the case of Biblical prophets like Moses, Daniel or Elijah when angels spoke to them. Biblical figures were not fearful after the Gabriel talked to them.

6) Mohammad had suicidal thoughts after Jibriel's visit at the Cave of Hira: Mohammad was on the way to a mountain to throw himself down to commit suicide after Jibriel visitation. Biblical prophets never had this behavior after being visited by Gabriel.

7) Mohammad had revelations from Satan: Surah 22:52 is described as satanic verses as in the Salman Rushdie's book. Islamic interpretation of this verse in Ibn Kathir 1999 Printing, V5, P441 says that satan cast into Mohammad's mouth Surah 53:19-20 and he bowed down to idols. Biblical prophets such as Moses, Daniel or David never had revelations from Satan.

All League
    ^ LOL

There is no proof that the folks in your book saw Gabriel either!

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

Answer:

In the Hira Cave.

Muslims believe that Gabriel of the Bible appeared to Mohammad at the Cave of Hira. A close examination would prove that Gabriel of the Bible did not appear to Mohammad. Following are the reasons:

1) The messages given were contradictory: Gabriel gave a message to Mary, the mother of Jesus, that Jesus would be called the Son of God (Luke 1:35). Gabriel gave a message to Prophet Daniel that Messiah would die for sins (Dan 9:24-26). The spirit that spoke to Mohammad gave a contradictory message. Hence the Biblical Gabriel did not speak to Mohammad.

2) The Biblical figures knew who appeared to them, Mohammad did not: Daniel, Zachariah and Mary knew that it was Gabriel who appeared to them (Daniel 9:21, Luke 1:19, Luke 1:26-35). Mohammad was not aware of who spoke to him at the Cave of Hira. It was the opinion of his wife Kadijah and his cousin Waraqa that made Mohammad to believe that it was Gabriel of the Bible who spoke to him.

3) The Biblical figures were never forced to do anything by Gabriel but Mohammad was forcefully pressed down to the ground: This spirit who spoke to Mohammad pressed him down forcefully and asked him to recite, to which the terrified Mohammad replied I cannot recite. This ordeal repeated three times!

4) The spirit was ignorant that Mohammad could not read : The spirit asked three times Mohammad to read. A real angel of God should have known that he do not know how to read.

5) Mohammad was terrified even hours after this spirit spoke to him: Mohammad had to go to Kadijah, his first wife, terrified and said "Cover me, cover me." This experience of fear was with Mohammad several days. This was never the case of Biblical prophets like Moses, Daniel or Elijah when angels spoke to them. Biblical figures were not fearful after the Gabriel talked to them.

6) Mohammad had suicidal thoughts after Jibriel's visit at the Cave of Hira: Mohammad was on the way to a mountain to throw himself down to commit suicide after Jibriel visitation. Biblical prophets never had this behavior after being visited by Gabriel.

7) Mohammad had revelations from Satan: Surah 22:52 is described as satanic verses as in the Salman Rushdie's book. Islamic interpretation of this verse in Ibn Kathir 1999 Printing, V5, P441 says that satan cast into Mohammad's mouth Surah 53:19-20 and he bowed down to idols. Biblical prophets such as Moses, Daniel or David never had revelations from Satan.

Do you find that tinfoil hats promote or impede dandruff?

Answer:

In the Hira Cave.

Dude. nobody cares.

^ LOL

There is no proof that the folks in your book saw Gabriel either!
    That's not the argument though is it?

If (as the Koran assumes) the "folds in his book" *did* see Gabriel... Wouldn't all of those points be relevant?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm not a religious person, but I've got many close friends and relatives that take a great deal of comfort in their strong religious beliefs, and I think that's great. There have certainly been times when I wished I had that faith. So I'm fine with religion in principal. But when you try to discount another faith by showing how it has a different version of events and different beliefs than your faith, you lose me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    I'm not a religious person, but I've got many close friends and relatives that take a great deal of comfort in their strong religious beliefs, and I think that's great. There have certainly been times when I wished I had that faith. So I'm fine with religion in principal. But when you try to discount another faith by showing how it has a different version of events and different beliefs than your faith, you lose me.
    Especially trying to refute one religion with "evidence" and then when asked by anyone for proof of their imaginary friend (god) they trot out FAITH!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Especially trying to refute one religion with "evidence" and then when asked by anyone for proof of their imaginary friend (god) they trot out FAITH!!!
    Not trying to defend Albany here, as he's obviously a complete buffoon...

but don't knock faith if you've never had it, and therefore can't possibly understand it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Not trying to defend Albany here, as he's obviously a complete buffoon...

but don't knock faith if you've never had it, and therefore can't possibly understand it.
    My point was the double standard of those with faith knocking other's faith with unsupportable "evidence".

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    My point was the double standard of those with faith knocking other's faith with unsupportable "evidence".
    And my point is that "faith" is not the appropriate word to make your statement above. Replace both instances with "religion", and I agree.