Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Why Rex Should Stay

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Rex will get the long term extension he rightly deserves during this season because 1)he is a terrific head football coach and 2)with Buttfumble on the bench and then gone forever, the team will start to play up to it's potential on offense too
    1. Buttfumble will start.
    2. Under any measurement, Rex is not a "terrific" headcoach

Another brilliant objective analysis by our fan boy of the year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Every single NFL coach has this kind of influence in personnel. Every HC is part of the discussion when it comes to selecting players. Every one of them. If a GM is teetering between 2 players and the HC wants one over the other, all things equal the GM goes along with the HC. How this translates into the way the Jets with Tanny picked players is anyones guess. But the bottom line the GM selected the players. If he took the coaches input, how is it different than taking a scouts? Ultimately its his name on the pick, he gets the credit and the blame. Never heard a GM absolved because he listened to others.

Some have earned or won even more control, the shop for the groceries role that Parcells, etc can get. Rex is not, hasn't been and we don't know that he wants to be one of those types.

He doesn't get blamed for the roster, gets given undue influence on the roster just because you who want to blame Rex.

LOL...so which is it? You say every HC has influence on personnel, but then say Rex does not have blame for the current Jet roster. To say a HC is not partly responsible for the teams roster is simply clueless.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    This is a thread about why Rex should stay. It's not about why he should go....get it? If it's not about why he should stay, then please refrain from putting your two cents in even if it pains you!

DEFENSE plain and simple! I've been a Jets fan since 1970 and since Rex has been our coach we've had consistently the best defense I can ever remember. That goes a long way with me because I can remember a lot of pathetic defenses over the years. If we lose this guy he will go somewhere else and win a superbowl as a head coach.

If you pair Rex with the right offensive coordinator we will get that championship we so desperately want as a fanbase. I believe John Idzik is a smart man and he realizes this regardless of how this season goes on offense.

We just didn't have the cap room to put the right pieces in place on offense but next year you better believe that will happen and in the meantime, Rex and Idzik has stacked this defense with up and coming first rounders. Next year money gets spent on the offense and maybe a safety and we're gonna be really good next year and the year after that, dominant! Write it down! I've been patient since 1970, another year or two is a piece of cake especially when you look at how our roster is taking shape. With the slide of the Pats on the horizon, our time is coming. Dealing with that stingy fish defense is going to be the new challenge within the division...........Rex will get us that ring!

Rex hasn't really blown the clock like Herm or made those kind of mistakes as a coach, his problem has been ego, bravado and sticking his nose in on the offensive side of the ball, Sanchez etc., Yes I know a head coach is supposed to blah blah blah but i'm telling you when Rex let ****ty run the "O" and he concentrated on "D", we went to two AFC championship games for the first time ever in the history of our franchise!

I'm totally cool with Rex being the only head coach in the league that all he does is run the "D", call timeouts and speak to the media as long as the "O" gets fixed we're gonna dominate and I believe Idzik will fix that........
    it's called defensive coordinator which i am all for but as a head coach he is a dunce.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You are right about Coughlin but he adapted and that is something Rex has yet to prove that he can do. I agree about Tomlin taking over a good team but so did Rex IMO. 8-3 in 2008 before Favre got hurt. You will never see me underestimate the value of a great QB and how having one can cure a lot of ills. Brady is essential to Belichick's legacy.
    yeah knowing the other teams plays aslo is essential to the legacy

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    1. Buttfumble will start.
    2. Under any measurement, Rex is not a "terrific" headcoach

Another brilliant objective analysis by our fan boy of the year.
    If you ask his peers the ones who actually know and coach the game of pro football, you will find there is great respect for Rex Ryan.

Example.
    Our greatest rival NE Pats HC old BB himself, sat his boy Wes Welker and publicly call him out as an idiot for making lite of Rex, now that is respect.

If you don't think Rex is one of the best HC's in the game today, watch how quickly he is gobbled up by another team if the Jets fire him.

Rex has a passion for life and a huge passion for the game of football. Idzik may have taken this job with the intention of replacing Rex at some point. Yet , just like with his players and our owner, Rex's passion has a way of infecting people in a positive way.
    I believe he has won Idzik over, an a competitive season will earn him an extension before seasons end.
    I also believe that in the end, Rex will win over even his harshest detractors, many of them right here at JI. If allowed Rex will deliver the prize and stand right along side, if not above Webb, as the best HC the Jets were ever lucky enough to hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by fltflo; 07-22-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...so which is it? You say every HC has influence on personnel, but then say Rex does not have blame for the current Jet roster. To say a HC is not partly responsible for the teams roster is simply clueless.
    Its actually a simple concept that you fail or refuse to grasp.

Every coach has a wish list and is in the group that makes the call. The GM makes the pick after taking in all the input from scouts, personnel heads, coaches and HC. But the guy who has final authority, is the GM. The guy who's name is on the pick, is the GM. If the GM picks a player the HC wants over his player, he's to blame. How this translates to LOL is beyond me.

You can spin, twist and try and make this an area to blame Rex all you want.

You are wrong every time you blame him though. Period, not even close to being debatable, sorry you don't get how drafts work.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    If you ask his peers the ones who actually know and coach the game of pro football, you will find there is great respect for Rex Ryan.

Example.
    Our greatest rival NE Pats HC old BB himself, sat his boy Wes Welker and publicly call him out as an idiot for making lite of Rex, now that is respect.

If you don't think Rex is one of the best HC's in the game today, watch how quickly he is gobbled up by another team if the Jets fire him.

Rex has a passion for life and a huge passion for the game of football. Idzik may have taken this job with the intention of replacing Rex at some point. Yet , just like with his players and our owner, Rex's passion has a way of infecting people in a positive way.
    I believe he has won Idzik over, an a competitive season will earn him an extension before seasons end.
    I also believe that in the end, Rex will win over even his harshest detractors, many of them right here at JI. If allowed Rex will deliver the prize and stand right along side, if not above Webb, as the best HC the Jets were ever lucky enough to hire.

Rex WILL win a SB as a Head Coach, I just REALLY hope it's with the Jets.
    Also agree if he were fired for some stupid reason like most of these idiots here would have, he'll have a flight waiting for SEVERAL NFL cities before he can exit the doors at Florham Park.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Example.

Or Idzik came here with already a Rex fan with no intention of firing him. SOJF could never think this is a possibility, he sees every player, coach etc here as a bum who needs to go. Their opinion is not the same as others. Fortunately.

Hall Of Fame
    Its actually a simple concept that you fail or refuse to grasp.

Every coach has a wish list and is in the group that makes the call. The GM makes the pick after taking in all the input from scouts, personnel heads, coaches and HC. But the guy who has final authority, is the GM. The guy who's name is on the pick, is the GM. If the GM picks a player the HC wants over his player, he's to blame. How this translates to LOL is beyond me.

You can spin, twist and try and make this an area to blame Rex all you want.

You are wrong every time you blame him though. Period, not even close to being debatable, sorry you don't get how drafts work.
    OK. got it the Head Coach bears no responsibility as to who is actually on the roster. LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

OK. got it the Head Coach bears no responsibility as to who is actually on the roster. LOL.
    Stop already, I've described the process every teams goes through and all you can do is respond LOL.

Hes the HC, he doesn't draft players. He keeps the players that he chooses from the group Tanny gave him. You can retreat and spin it into something more, nice try. The GM is responsible.

We get it, you don't like Rex. Its not enough to tell us where he falls short. So you've imagined other reasons to blame him. Good for you.

Want argue the color of the sky next.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-22-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Stop already, I've described the process every teams goes through and all you can do is respond LOL.

Hes the HC, he doesn't draft players. He keeps the players that he chooses from the group Tanny gave him. You can retreat and spin it into something more, nice try

We get it, you don't like Rex. Its not enough to tell us where he falls short. So you've imagined other reasons to blame him. Good for you.

Want argue the color of the sky next.
    No, I am sure in your world the sky is green.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

No, I am sure in your world the sky is green.
    And you would be wrong again.

But good to know that you think knowing how a basic concept like which responsibilities fall on a HC & GM have anything to do with being a optimistic fan of the team or being a whining SOJF.

Example.

Rex is a great DC, but not a good HC at all. Please enlighten me as to what he has excelled at as head coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Rex is a great DC, but not a good HC at all. Please enlighten me as to what he has excelled at as head coach.
    Was BB considered a great HC prior to Brady?? I agree Rex has a way to go but most new HC's do..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Was BB considered a great HC prior to Brady?? I agree Rex has a way to go but most new HC's do..
    Imagine Rex with a great QB... He'd already have more SB's than Belicheat.

At least with Rex, we will always be COMPETITIVE because we're always gonna have a great D that keeps us in games.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Well, I have to begin with taking a new team with a rookie QB and aging players to, two AFC championship games in his first two seasons. Having a top ten defense in his first four years despite losing key players for the entire season. Having your players both offense and defense play their hearts out for you against the longest odds. Being one of the smartest and most innovative X's and O's coaches in the NFL. An in case you want to bring up the argument that Rex does not know the offensive side of the ball; you can't be as smart about defense, if you don't have a clear understanding of offense.
    Does Rex still have thing to learn and improve on as a HC, of course he does. Yet , there will be no end to the crying here and elsewhere, if we let Rex do his internship here and win a championship for another team.

this thread needs to be renamed the Delusional visions of Rex thread. Talk about ignoring reality. Holy sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    this thread needs to be renamed the Delusional visions of Rex thread. Talk about ignoring reality. Holy sh!t.
    Yeah... And what exactly are YOUR NFL credentials again?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I dont believe rex is part of Idziks plans. He was kept on to save Woody some cash and to be the sacrificial lamb after this 4-12 season we are about to have.
    Well, you've never really known what you're talking about, and this is much of the same. If Rex goes 4-12, then yes. He should go. But not because of what you're saying. Defensively, this team is capable of 8-8 plus or minus a win. If we go 4-12 (excluding some major injuries or other extraneous circumstances) then coaching needs to be revisited. Unless QB play is jacksonville-esque, then there's no excuses. We can win games.

And you would be wrong again.

But good to know that you think knowing how a basic concept like which responsibilities fall on a HC & GM have anything to do with being a optimistic fan of the team or being a whining SOJF.
    yeah sure.... so no chance in hell REX drafted Conner? Had input on other choices??? Influenced the Wilson pick? Please.