Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Why Rex Should Stay

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I think Marty Morninwheg is gonna save Rex's job, if Rex lets him.
    If this is what we're left to hope for for our offense, then he's as good as gone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    If this is what we're left to hope for for our offense, then he's as good as gone.
    Do you actually believe this or are you just trying to be witty? MM taking over on offense is exactly what this team need to win!

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like

People have been arguing for year's that Rex needs to be more involved on the offensive side of the ball, I argue the opposite. Why force Rex to put his two cents into something he has limited knowledge in? I want him to focus on DEFENSE.

You don't see Sean Payton having a big influence on Defense?

Same with Gary Kubiak, John/Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, Andy Reid, Jason Garrett, etc.

These coaches are smart enough to stick to the side of the ball they are experts in and hire strong coordinators to handle the other side of the ball. A lot of the Head Coaches in this league we consider to be great, are nothing more than glorified coordinators themselves.

We may have finally found a strong Off Coordinator after the Schotty fail and the Sporano epic fail! Let him do his thing Rex, go back to being the mad scientist on defense that got us to 2 AFCCG's. Let Idsik rebuild this roster. We will be better off for it.

Rex's downfall is loyalty to JAG players. Well half of them are gone, and it looks as if this team is going in a new direction as far as roster competition is concerned. You won't play unless you produce on the field! It seemed like when Tanny was here Rex was wearing too many hats, and now he has 1 or 2 of them taken away. He will be better off for it. The Jets will be better off for it.
    You have a Way, carlito. Nice post.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are trying to be a realist, but it's coming off as a pessimist. You can't honestly think Marty will be worse than Spudrano or even Schotty.

The Jets may be good this year, they may not, but to say that Rex is as good as gone based on your assumption that MM will be a poor OC is just absurd..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

People have been arguing for year's that Rex needs to be more involved on the offensive side of the ball, I argue the opposite. Why force Rex to put his two cents into something he has limited knowledge in? I want him to focus on DEFENSE.

You don't see Sean Payton having a big influence on Defense?

Same with Gary Kubiak, John/Jim Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy, Andy Reid, Jason Garrett, etc.

These coaches are smart enough to stick to the side of the ball they are experts in and hire strong coordinators to handle the other side of the ball. A lot of the Head Coaches in this league we consider to be great, are nothing more than glorified coordinators themselves.

We may have finally found a strong Off Coordinator after the Schotty fail and the Sporano epic fail! Let him do his thing Rex, go back to being the mad scientist on defense that got us to 2 AFCCG's. Let Idsik rebuild this roster. We will be better off for it.

Rex's downfall is loyalty to JAG players. Well half of them are gone, and it looks as if this team is going in a new direction as far as roster competition is concerned. You won't play unless you produce on the field! It seemed like when Tanny was here Rex was wearing too many hats, and now he has 1 or 2 of them taken away. He will be better off for it. The Jets will be better off for it.
    Very well said !!!!!!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    You are trying to be a realist, but it's coming off as a pessimist. You can't honestly think Marty will be worse than Spudrano or even Schotty.

The Jets may be good this year, they may not, but to say that Rex is as good as gone based on your assumption that MM will be a poor OC is just absurd..
    It was a reply to someone who posted that MM might save Rex's job. Rex is STILL the HC and he is accountable for all facets of the team. Rex will save his own job if he makes the right decisions on defense, offense, and STs.

I don't subscribe to the "MM is the answer to this offense" theory.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    MM is a well experienced offensive coordinator who will have to adapt his system to the players at his disposal. This is something Rex has always been good at, putting his players in a position to get the job done.
    If the team can get a workmen like job out of the QB spot, then MM offense should score enough points to keep the defense fresh into the fourth quarter to hold even a small lead.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    He just recently said that he should have never left the Pats. That Mr Kraft was a good man and it was a big mistake on his part.
    All I remember is Mr Hess paid a small fortune to get him, got screwed by his then buddy Billy boy for a million. Then had him quit on us to be come GM because he wanted to retire from coaching.
    Then he retired the first time, until he pimped himself out to Jones in Dallas. To retire again and then, Pimp himself out once again to the Fins. An for all of that whoring, what did he win, one AFC EAST championship, to be knocked out in the first round.
    Supposedly he turn all these programs around, which in the Jets case is true. Yet, if you don't stick around to finish the job, what good are you. Parcell's record shows, other then the Giants, he is a money whore and a quitter.
    So when folks here talk about Parcell's being a better coach then Rex, I am left scratching my head. Yes, his past background was developed and he won before he got here but once here , he stumbled as well. An without lucking into Vinny it would have been a whole different story.
    Rex has made mistakes and surely will continue to make more. This is the process of developing a HC in house. Most importantly Rex's wants to be here, he loves what he does and wants nothing more then to win a Super Bowl for the NY Jets.
    He his happy with his contract, he doesn't plan to go to KC. He does not want to go back to college coaching. He has no interest in being the HC of the Browns. He doesn't want to be the GM and buy the groceries. No, Rex just wants to be the HC of the NY Jets and that passion and a bit of time will get this team a championship
    I agree with the Parcels being a whore and highly over-rated. All the points you make are true and one that, to me, is the worst for his case.

His record without Belly as his DC is not very good. He has been always been a sub-par coach when belly BB wasn't his DC. I have no love for BB but he was a great DC.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No **** Sherlock! Or how did you put it? Swoosh, that was the sound of my point going over YOUR head?

Wrong. Rex with 2 AFCCG's has solidified himself enough that if the Jets did let him go, he would be well sought after.

A solid season this year, he goes no where.
    So you disagree with me when I say his coaching job is not 100% fully secure and unquestionable like some others in the league, but then say he stays with a solid season? Why does he need a solid season if he's already 100% job secured? And why would the Jets let him go?

You are either a job-secure head coach in this league or you're not. Is Rex?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    So you disagree with me when I say his coaching job is not 100% fully secure and unquestionable like some others in the league, but then say he stays with a solid season? Why does he need a solid season if he's already 100% job secured? And why would the Jets let him go?

There are no coaches who are completely secure in their jobs, ever. But especially after a 6-10 season. Even BB would be on thin ice. However, I think saying RR is a lame duck HC is a gross overstatement.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    There are no coaches who are completely secure in their jobs, ever. But especially after a 6-10 season. Even BB would be on thin ice. However, I think saying RR is a lame duck HC is a gross overstatement.
    I should revise that statement... "secure" = "not on the hot seat"... I disagree with anyone who thinks Rex is not on the hot seat... maybe not scorching hot, but it's warm.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should revise that statement... "secure" = "not on the hot seat"... I disagree with anyone who thinks Rex is not on the hot seat... maybe not scorching hot, but it's warm.
    I want all you folks who think that Rex is a lame duck coach, to understand one thing.
    The person who makes that final decision, runs one of the largest Corp. in America. He is the HMFIC and has been making personal decisions in his business for decades. I would say that makes him somewhat of an expert on th the personal he chooses to bring in.
    People want to say Woody only kept Rex because he didn't want to pay his salary for no services. Really, come on Woody could write off Rex's money as a business loss. Woody kept Rex because he believes in what Rex is trying to accomplish. I also believe he really enjoys Rex's passion for life and family and football. You also have to wonder if other owners are whispering in Woody's ear,despite all the drama he has a damn good coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't day he was 100% secured toolbag, I said he is not the lame duck you are intimidating. He has also done more than u give him credit for as a HC.

Unfortunately the clueless media and this schill fan base will be spoon fed by the media garbage and too many will eat up any anti-Rex sentiment if the team doesn't come out firing on all cylinders.