Thread: Training Camp Start Dates Unbalanced

Training Camp Start Dates Unbalanced

I am not sure why club owners agreed to starting training camp a set date from the first pre-season game. Teams that play in the HOF game get a week start, and if you have your first game on Friday or Saturday you lose 2 days of practice there. ALL teams should start on the same day for preseason.

Thanks Obama!

This site is becoming a joke overall. How far has it fallen over the last 2 or 3 years. A person can't make one thread with legit discussion without the meat heads wallowing in as soon as possible.

All Pro
    Yeah I know!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Yeah I know!
    You know what?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I am not sure why club owners agreed to starting training camp a set date from the first pre-season game. Teams that play in the HOF game get a week start, and if you have your first game on Friday or Saturday you lose 2 days of practice there. ALL teams should start on the same day for preseason.
    i believe thats what the players union wanted and added in the new CBA. thats also why they dodnt do 2 adays anymore too. even though you start taining camp based on the first pre season game, i still thought you can only have so many practices, i dont htink it makes a difference.

Hall Of Fame
    It might be part of the new CBA. I know they have done it the past two years. I think it all balances out in the end.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's always been that way. Teams with earlier preseason games start camp first but end camp earlier. Every team is allowed the same amount of total practices and can't go over. Different coaches give different amounts of days off and things of that nature, but no team has "an advantage" over another.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Part of the last agreement with the Players Association was regulating how much training camp / practice time coaches could have.

This is a non-issue

With all of the off-season conditioning that is now done, players pretty much stay close to the team facilities year round. Training Camp now a days are no longer the greuling two-a-days they used to be.

Players are in shape when they report, in the old days training camp was used to get the players in shape after the long layoff of the offseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    With all of the off-season conditioning that is now done, players pretty much stay close to the team facilities year round. Training Camp now a days are no longer the greuling two-a-days they used to be.

Players are in shape when they report, in the old days training camp was used to get the players in shape after the long layoff of the offseason.
    Plus most players had to work in the off season..

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    You know what?
    You know what he knows.

Whut?