Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Jets will have a good year

While I believe Sanchez will start the season, I'm praying that Smith beats him out, because Mark will not be here next year.
    Anyone who thinks Rex can't slow down Brady while he's breaking in 4 new offensive positions hasn't paid attention.
    If Brady doesn't have Gronk in that 2nd game, how could we not have a chance?
    I won't say we'll win but it's not out of he question if we get Ivory & Goodsen going.
    The Saints defense is abdominal! Keep Brees on the sideline, and move the chains, & run, run, run, & run some more in the 2nd half.
    Jets D will be good enough to slow them down but our O has got to get TDs not FGs.
    Carolina? Bad D, we could definitely win this game.
    The funny thing about the media is they keep spewing who we lost?
    Well, we didn't even have Revis, Pouha, Keller, for most of the year so how could replacing them with Milliner, Garay/snacks/Winslow actual bodies that will play be worse?
    We replaced the horse with blinders (Greene) with Ivory & Goodsen, still have Powell (who played better than Greene, way more versatile) and McKnight who both are perfect for the WCO. While McKnight is not a good blocker like Powell, MM will find a way to split him out & get a mismatch with LB.
    Slauson was horrible in the running game, very weak & got no movement, while Moore was on his last legs, proven by the fact he's still a FA when there are many teams that need Oline help.
    Health is the key, as we have a lot of wounded warriors.
    Winslow, Colon, Garay, Ivory, Holmes, Hill, Harris.
    If these guys can stay healthy with decent QB play this team can win 9 games.
    Without staying healthy we might be looking at between 4-7.
    Crazy things happen in this league & injuries change everything.
    Pats could be in deep chit if Amendola gets hurt.
    It's gonna be an interesting year, that's for sure, but if Smith can be our future QB, the future is bright with all those picks & salary cap space.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I personally don't believe Rex is going anywhere if we're competitive in games. I hear people saying, "OH, WELL HE NEEDS TO GO 16-0 IF DA LAME DUCK WRECKS WANTS TO KEEP HIS JOB, DOE!".
    lol.

that's how they sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, I love delusional Sanchez haters

No, Smith doesn't need to start out of the game, that is absolutely moronic.

Smith needs to EARN the job to start out of the gate, either QB needs to earn the job. Period!
    Ray,
    I agree with you 100%, just seems very unfair to the team and the fans that there is never anyone in place during the last 4 year with the experience to make it a true competition. It's been old men, rookies, and want to be QB's. Even when it was suppose to be a challenge Mark always will win by default So once again we begin a TC with Mark, a very promising rookie, a backup with a start and a half and a HOF QB's kid. I really wish Gerrard remained healthy or when he was forced to retire we were able to bring in another seasoned veteran.
    I honestly think this lack of true competition has hurt Mark's development. He never took to the job with a chip on his shoulder, feeling he had to beat someone out. This may also explain some of the maturity issues we have seen over the years. He is like a rich kid who was giving everything without question. It looks as if it will be a repeat of the same four years again, this TC. One positive difference this year will be a poor kid who does have a chip on his shoulder looking to take his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, I love delusional Sanchez haters

No, Smith doesn't need to start out of the game, that is absolutely moronic.

Smith needs to EARN the job to start out of the gate, either QB needs to earn the job. Period!
    I'm sorry, but Sanchez has not even earned a right to compete for the job. Period. He should have already permanently lost the job. He is just THAT bad . He was 36th in Total QBR last year meaning 4 backups were better than him, and that he is the worst starting QB in the NFL. There is no logical reason to trot the worst QB out on the field again. If it is felt that Geno needs some additional time, then a veteran other than Sanchez needs to start. We are not talking about a mediocre QB here we are talking about a terrible team killing sub-jag that was drafted way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    While I believe Sanchez will start the season, I'm praying that Smith beats him out, because Mark will not be here next year.
    Anyone who thinks Rex can't slow down Brady while he's breaking in 4 new offensive positions hasn't paid attention.
    If Brady doesn't have Gronk in that 2nd game, how could we not have a chance?
    I won't say we'll win but it's not out of he question if we get Ivory & Goodsen going.
    The Saints defense is abdominal! Keep Brees on the sideline, and move the chains, & run, run, run, & run some more in the 2nd half.
    Jets D will be good enough to slow them down but our O has got to get TDs not FGs.
    Carolina? Bad D, we could definitely win this game.
    The funny thing about the media is they keep spewing who we lost?
    Well, we didn't even have Revis, Pouha, Keller, for most of the year so how could replacing them with Milliner, Garay/snacks/Winslow actual bodies that will play be worse?
    We replaced the horse with blinders (Greene) with Ivory & Goodsen, still have Powell (who played better than Greene, way more versatile) and McKnight who both are perfect for the WCO. While McKnight is not a good blocker like Powell, MM will find a way to split him out & get a mismatch with LB.
    Slauson was horrible in the running game, very weak & got no movement, while Moore was on his last legs, proven by the fact he's still a FA when there are many teams that need Oline help.
    Health is the key, as we have a lot of wounded warriors.
    Winslow, Colon, Garay, Ivory, Holmes, Hill, Harris.
    If these guys can stay healthy with decent QB play this team can win 9 games.
    Without staying healthy we might be looking at between 4-7.
    Crazy things happen in this league & injuries change everything.
    Pats could be in deep chit if Amendola gets hurt.
    It's gonna be an interesting year, that's for sure, but if Smith can be our future QB, the future is bright with all those picks & salary cap space.

Agree 100%. It all rides on Geno starting.

I actually think our defense is going to be ferocious this year if guys stay healthy. It's the best overall unit we've had since Rex showed up IMO. People cry about losing Scott, Pouha, Devito, and Thomas but I just look at them as dead weight. We have significantly improved our front 7. I don't think our CB's will need to be all world because I think the D will be getting to the QB alot faster, so the loss of Revis is not going to hurt as much as people think IMO.

As for offense, Ivory and Goodson are an enormous upgrade over last year. I also think the move to the WCO will help substantially. We need Hill to step up big time, and we will need to get some decency out of Winslow and Cumberland. Contrary to popular thought, I think Sanchez will have a bounceback year and play substantially better. I don't expect greatness, but I do think he'll keep his job and keep us in the hunt for the playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Green View Post
    So bored out of my mind on a guard detail tonight, till 5:30am, I began to ponder about the Jets and their up coming season. This is my take on why the Jets will have a good season and possibly push for an up coming playoff spot. These are in no particular order by the way.

1.) When the Jets are thought to be a bottom of the barrel team they always seem to prove everybody wrong. This is almost like our teams calling card. We are the greatest threat to the league when no one believes in us or gives us a chance.

2.) Idzik brings a calm stability to our front office that we have not seen in years. The guy is here to take care of buisness and is nothing more. He brings a great and well needed attitude to the Jets. He also did a fantastic job this offseason through free agency to the Revis situation to the NFL Draft. I know it takes 3 years to find out if a draft was a great draft or a bust but, all I know is from a college talent pool stand point he grabbed some great players.

3.) Our running game appears to have its wheels back on track. With a revamped Oline and a stable of fresh young running backs with game breaking speed. If you are not excited about this running game nothing will ever get you excited, in more ways then one .

4.) Our skill postion players are not nearly as bad as people say they are. We have really good youth and speed at the position. With Hill having another year on his belt, Kerley being a pretty darn good slot reciever, and if Holmes can come back to full strength I think that is a pretty deck trio. Also if reports are true about the BEARD then that would only make our recieving core that much better. At tight end I believe we are solid enough to get by.

5.) Our QB situation is only going to make our future QB, Mr.Smith, that much better although I believe Sanchez will start out the gate. I firmly believe Smith will be our starter by game 4. Our first few games might be rough with Sanchez at the helm but after that we will see what a bright young star we have in Smith. I know what your thinking but, but, but, Dr.Green, Smith fell to the 2nd round so he is not a good QB. Well I do not claim to be an expert on Smith however, I have seen enough game tape of him at WVU to know the kid has it all. Mobile, good arm, smart, accurate, and maybe the most important of all he has a chip on his shoulders. If you don't think he wants to prove everyone wrong who passed up on him you have another thing coming. I will be very excited when we see smith under center.

6.) Our schedule does not look near as tough as it did when New England was healthy and killer free.

Tampa Bay (Toss up game)
    @New England (Toss up game)
    Buffalo (Advantage Jets)
    @Tennessee (Advantage Jets)
    @Atlanta (Advantage them)
    Pittsburgh (Toss up game)
    New England (Toss up game)
    @Cincinnati (Advantage them)
    New Orleans (Advantage them)
    Bye
    @Buffalo (Advantage Jets)
    @Baltimore (Advantage them)
    Miami (Toss up game)
    Oakland (Advantage Jets)
    @Carolina (Advantage Jets)
    Cleveland (Advantage Jets)
    @Miami (Toss up game)

7.) Our defense is what I really expect to be dominate. Our speed and youth has improved ten folds. Our Dline looks like something from a horror movie, all of them are Frankensteins with the mad scientist (Rex) putting them in great postions to cause havoc. Our linebackers are the fastest its been since God knows when. With another year under Davis's belt, a offseason for Hitman Harris to get healthy, addition of Barnes, and the fact that Coples will be doing some outside linebacker work is going to give the opponent nightmares. Although our safety postions are not as hard hitting as they once were last year, they will make up for it in coverage. Plus I always have liked Landry's play although not as physical as his brother he can still pack a punch and is much better in coverage. The corners are going to be good again next year I have faith in all of them except Wilson on the outside lol However in all seriousness our Cbs are a non issue and should be a top 5 unit even with out Revis.

8.) I believe this is the season Rex puts it all together and proves he is a head coach and will be for a long time. Im the first one to admitt sometimes he just needs to shut up and also needs to pay attention to the offense more. This year I think he learns from his mistakes and brings our offense back to respectability and fields a great defense. With the addition of Marty, Rex is complete.

I can honestly tell you I believe the Jets will finish no worse then 9-7 and be in the thick of the action when it comes to the AFC East crown.
    agreed!

So bored out of my mind on a guard detail tonight, till 5:30am, I began to ponder about the Jets and their up coming season. This is my take on why the Jets will have a good season and possibly push for an up coming playoff spot. These are in no particular order by the way.

1.) When the Jets are thought to be a bottom of the barrel team they always seem to prove everybody wrong. This is almost like our teams calling card. We are the greatest threat to the league when no one believes in us or gives us a chance.

2.) Idzik brings a calm stability to our front office that we have not seen in years. The guy is here to take care of buisness and is nothing more. He brings a great and well needed attitude to the Jets. He also did a fantastic job this offseason through free agency to the Revis situation to the NFL Draft. I know it takes 3 years to find out if a draft was a great draft or a bust but, all I know is from a college talent pool stand point he grabbed some great players.

3.) Our running game appears to have its wheels back on track. With a revamped Oline and a stable of fresh young running backs with game breaking speed. If you are not excited about this running game nothing will ever get you excited, in more ways then one .

4.) Our skill postion players are not nearly as bad as people say they are. We have really good youth and speed at the position. With Hill having another year on his belt, Kerley being a pretty darn good slot reciever, and if Holmes can come back to full strength I think that is a pretty deck trio. Also if reports are true about the BEARD then that would only make our recieving core that much better. At tight end I believe we are solid enough to get by.

5.) Our QB situation is only going to make our future QB, Mr.Smith, that much better although I believe Sanchez will start out the gate. I firmly believe Smith will be our starter by game 4. Our first few games might be rough with Sanchez at the helm but after that we will see what a bright young star we have in Smith. I know what your thinking but, but, but, Dr.Green, Smith fell to the 2nd round so he is not a good QB. Well I do not claim to be an expert on Smith however, I have seen enough game tape of him at WVU to know the kid has it all. Mobile, good arm, smart, accurate, and maybe the most important of all he has a chip on his shoulders. If you don't think he wants to prove everyone wrong who passed up on him you have another thing coming. I will be very excited when we see smith under center.

6.) Our schedule does not look near as tough as it did when New England was healthy and killer free.

Tampa Bay (Toss up game)
    Buffalo (Advantage Jets)
    Bye
    Miami (Toss up game)
    Oakland (Advantage Jets)
    @Miami (Toss up game)

7.) Our defense is what I really expect to be dominate. Our speed and youth has improved ten folds. Our Dline looks like something from a horror movie, all of them are Frankensteins with the mad scientist (Rex) putting them in great postions to cause havoc. Our linebackers are the fastest its been since God knows when. With another year under Davis's belt, a offseason for Hitman Harris to get healthy, addition of Barnes, and the fact that Coples will be doing some outside linebacker work is going to give the opponent nightmares. Although our safety postions are not as hard hitting as they once were last year, they will make up for it in coverage. Plus I always have liked Landry's play although not as physical as his brother he can still pack a punch and is much better in coverage. The corners are going to be good again next year I have faith in all of them except Wilson on the outside lol However in all seriousness our Cbs are a non issue and should be a top 5 unit even with out Revis.

8.) I believe this is the season Rex puts it all together and proves he is a head coach and will be for a long time. Im the first one to admitt sometimes he just needs to shut up and also needs to pay attention to the offense more. This year I think he learns from his mistakes and brings our offense back to respectability and fields a great defense. With the addition of Marty, Rex is complete.

I can honestly tell you I believe the Jets will finish no worse then 9-7 and be in the thick of the action when it comes to the AFC East crown.
    1. Maybe
    2. I like Idzak, but remember this is his first year and draft picks are always a bit of a crap shoot.
    3. Running game will not function well if we don't have a balanced attack-ie. good passing attack. I still have some OL line issues but we will see.
    4. I disagree. Hill is a total unknown at this point. Will he recover from his injury and if so, will he learn how to catch the ball. From what I hear, Holmes is going to training camp on the pup list, and there is some fear that he might not play the first part of the season. He hasn't even run yet. Kerely is a third receiver, and average at best.
    5. Its hard for a rookie QB to win games when he has very few skilled players around him. Sanchez is a mess.

6. Yes, schedule is reasonable.
    7. Defense has gone down hill for the last four years. The draft choices should stabilize things but I don't see them becoming elite for at least another year.
    8. Rex is going to be doing the play calling for defense this year, and for the most part leave the offense to Morningwig. Morninwing could be the Rembrandt of OC's but if you give him finger paint to work with, don't expect great results.

Anyway, at best I see us at 8-8, more realistically 6-9.

All League
    thats not really going out on a limb. Everyone knows the Jets will be good this year. duh

All Pro
    Tampa Bay (advantage bucs) hahahhaa revis picks off suckchez 3 times at least
    @New England (advantage pats) hahahahha pats are still alot better coachwise than us
    Buffalo (Advantage Jets) the only team suckchez plays good against
    @Tennessee (Advantage tenn) the tenn defense is going to be a problem
    @Atlanta (Advantage atlanta) matt ryan is going to pick apart millner and the db's
    Pittsburgh (advantage pitt) pitt rothesburger will kill us
    New England (advantage pats) see first NE game
    @Cincinnati (Advantage cinn) cinn another scary defense
    New Orleans (Advantage saints) brees much much better than suckchez
    Bye
    @Buffalo (Advantage bills) usually spit with them
    @Baltimore (Advantage ravens) ravens always beat rex
    Miami (advantage miami) any miami QB plays like marino against the jets
    Oakland (Advantage oakland) on paper we should win but always struggle against the raiders
    @Carolina (Advantage Jets) if we can contain the QB we can win here
    Cleveland (Advantage Jets) should be a jets win although it took a last second holmes play two seasons ago when they were worse to beat them
    @Miami (advantage jets) sometimes we split

so those in reality we will be lucky to get 5 wins
    Last edited by ucrenegade; 07-22-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Tampa Bay (advantage bucs) hahahhaa revis picks off suckchez 3 times at least
    @New England (advantage pats) hahahahha pats are still alot better coachwise than us
    Buffalo (Advantage Jets) the only team suckchez plays good against
    @Tennessee (Advantage tenn) the tenn defense is going to be a problem
    @Atlanta (Advantage atlanta) matt ryan is going to pick apart millner and the db's
    Pittsburgh (advantage pitt) pitt rothesburger will kill us
    New England (advantage pats) see first NE game
    @Cincinnati (Advantage cinn) cinn another scary defense
    New Orleans (Advantage saints) brees much much better than suckchez
    Bye
    @Buffalo (Advantage bills) usually spit with them
    @Baltimore (Advantage ravens) ravens always beat rex
    Miami (advantage miami) any miami QB plays like marino against the jets
    Oakland (Advantage oakland) on paper we should win but always struggle against the raiders
    @Carolina (Advantage Jets) if we can contain the QB we can win here
    Cleveland (Advantage Jets) should be a jets win although it took a last second holmes play two seasons ago when they were worse to beat them
    @Miami (advantage jets) sometimes we split

so those in reality we will be lucky to get 5 wins
    Henne played like **** vs the JETS as did Tannehille last year. Moore and Chad gave us trouble. People seem to be over rating him based on 3 games. Big whoop he had good game vs Jax, Buff, and Indy. So did Suckchez. He lost Bush who was always getting him out of tough spots. His best OL and a good blocking TE are gone and the line wasnt still last year to begin with. As for Buff at best they are trotting out Kolb. He is already gun shy. What do you think happens the 1st time Coples and Barnes turn him into an Oreo?

All Pro
    I'm not ready to drink any Green Kool-Aid yet. I'm still recovering from my hangover when I binged on it back in 2011. More power to you brother!

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    1. Maybe
    2. I like Idzak, but remember this is his first year and draft picks are always a bit of a crap shoot.
    3. Running game will not function well if we don't have a balanced attack-ie. good passing attack. I still have some OL line issues but we will see.
    4. I disagree. Hill is a total unknown at this point. Will he recover from his injury and if so, will he learn how to catch the ball. From what I hear, Holmes is going to training camp on the pup list, and there is some fear that he might not play the first part of the season. He hasn't even run yet. Kerely is a third receiver, and average at best.
    5. Its hard for a rookie QB to win games when he has very few skilled players around him. Sanchez is a mess.

6. Yes, schedule is reasonable.
    7. Defense has gone down hill for the last four years. The draft choices should stabilize things but I don't see them becoming elite for at least another year.
    8. Rex is going to be doing the play calling for defense this year, and for the most part leave the offense to Morningwig. Morninwing could be the Rembrandt of OC's but if you give him finger paint to work with, don't expect great results.

Anyway, at best I see us at 8-8, more realistically 6-9.
    The defense has gone down proportionately to lack of offense, TOs & three & outs.
    Jets were at 10-0 driving at the end of the half vs 49ers, Sanchez throws a pick.
    Jets D was hanging with the Texans but O killed them again.
    Jets O let them down at Gillette, ( Hill drop).
    If MM can get them to be average & not turn the ball over, the D will rebound big time.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The defense has gone down proportionately to lack of offense, TOs & three & outs.
    Jets were at 10-0 driving at the end of the half vs 49ers, Sanchez throws a pick.
    Jets D was hanging with the Texans but O killed them again.
    Jets O let them down at Gillette, ( Hill drop).
    If MM can get them to be average & not turn the ball over, the D will rebound big time.
    Look a the stats of for the last four years of points allowed per game. They have gone up from the first year, for three years straight.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just don't see how our offense will score enough.

Our defense, while it should be solid, will not be able to do it alone in this offensive driven era.

Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Look a the stats of for the last four years of points allowed per game. They have gone up from the first year, for three years straight.
    Part of that was the changing of the guard on DL. We went from Thomas, Ellis, Jenkins, Devito, Pace. Now we are Barnes, Wilk, K Ellis, Rich, Coples. I'm pretty sure what we saw last year was the bottom of the barrel and it didnt look bad at all.

9-7 or possibly even 8-8 wins the AFC-E this season. If the Jets can figure out a way to go 4-5 during that insanely brutal 9 game stretch to open the season they have a good shot at the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I just don't see how our offense will score enough.

Our defense, while it should be solid, will not be able to do it alone in this offensive driven era.

Hope I'm wrong.
    Gotta figure Idzik will wake up and add a WR before preseason starts. Adding just 1 effective WR to this offense will help us out big.

Tampa Bay (Toss up game)
    Buffalo (Advantage Jets)
    Bye
    Miami (Toss up game)
    Oakland (Advantage Jets)
    @Miami (Toss up game)

I am with you 100%

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    9-7 or possibly even 8-8 wins the AFC-E this season. If the Jets can figure out a way to go 4-5 during that insanely brutal 9 game stretch to open the season they have a good shot at the division.
    Wouldn't that be something!! If we could go into the bye week with 5 wins...Oh wow. I'm not sure if that will happen but we will see!