Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: Laurent Robinson Visiting

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    11,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You don't know his history and your post shows it. His health issues date back to ATL. That was before he played for STL where it was more of the same. In fact, he's only ever had the 1 dominant year.
    True, guy has always had some injury ailing him, now he has the concussion thing which is a big no go for me.

    I do think the Jets need to sign a vet WR though.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,753
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    True, guy has always had some injury ailing him, now he has the concussion thing which is a big no go for me.

    I do think the Jets need to sign a vet WR though.
    Me too, but why they're sniffing around the bruised brain dumpster, is beyond me. Who's next? Jahvid Best?

    Honestly, Braylon's an easy choice. Lloyd too. In fact Lloyd is ridiculously above average compared to what's left in the cupboard. Bring Early Doucet in too.
    Last edited by Paradis; 07-22-2013 at 03:49 PM.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    11,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Me too, but why they're sniffing around the bruised brain dumpster, is beyond me. Who's next? Jahvid Best?

    Honestly, Braylon's an easy choice. Lloyd too. In fact Lloyd is ridiculous above average compared to what's left in the compared. Bring Early Doucet in too.
    I agree about Lloyd, although he may be waiting for a better situation than the Jets though. I can see him waiting until a contending team suffers an injury to one of their WRs.

    I like Doucet, wanted to bring him in last year instead of Schillens.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I agree about Lloyd, although he may be waiting for a better situation than the Jets though. I can see him waiting until a contending team suffers an injury to one of their WRs.

    I like Doucet, wanted to bring him in last year instead of Schillens.
    Wrt to Lloyd, keep in mind that the Pats, desperate at WR and now infamous character evaluators, decided that he was the one who was too much of an emotional headcase to keep on the team despite 900+ yards last season.

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Wrt to Lloyd, keep in mind that the Pats, desperate at WR and now infamous character evaluators, decided that he was the one who was too much of an emotional headcase to keep on the team despite 900+ yards last season.
    Keep in mind this would be the Pats team that gave an injured TE the biggest contract for a TE ever, gave a murderer a new deal, refused to pay a long time contributor to this O.

    We should trust these so called talent evaluators?

    And hes too much of an emotional headcase?

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Keep in mind this would be the Pats team that gave an injured TE the biggest contract for a TE ever, gave a murderer a new deal, refused to pay a long time contributor to this O.

    We should trust these so called talent evaluators?

    And hes too much of an emotional headcase?

    Whoosh! That's the sound of the point of my post flying right over your head.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    11,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Whoosh! That's the sound of the point of my post flying right over your head.
    LOL...if you do not use emoticons some people are not capable of comprehending a post.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,006
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Wrt to Lloyd, keep in mind that the Pats, desperate at WR and now infamous character evaluators, decided that he was the one who was too much of an emotional headcase to keep on the team despite 900+ yards last season.
    Kellen Winslow says hi....

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Kellen Winslow says hi....
    Winslow left after 9 days on the team because he knew he wasn't going to get playing time. Totally unrelated.

    I'll make my half-joke more obvious: if the Pats, of all teams, decided that Lloyd's character concerns were more important than his productive performance at a position of need, then imagine how bad he must be?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 07-22-2013 at 06:51 PM.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,785
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    great to have you there for the first days of camp KRL

    you are a true treasure to JI
    wow... someone actually for once step out of bed on the right side. this is the nicest post i have ever seen from you. glad to see you are making progress, or someone else somehow logged in under your username.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robinson only needs to be healthy for a couple games until Santonio comes back from the plantar facistis.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Wrt to Lloyd, keep in mind that the Pats, desperate at WR and now infamous character evaluators, decided that he was the one who was too much of an emotional headcase to keep on the team despite 900+ yards last season.
    Lloyd's overrated and has only had success w/Josh McDouchenozzle calling the plays feeding him the ball every play. He'd be better than nothing however which is exactly what the Jets have at WR until Tone comes back in week 3 or 4.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Me too, but why they're sniffing around the bruised brain dumpster, is beyond me. Who's next? Jahvid Best?

    Honestly, Braylon's an easy choice. Lloyd too. In fact Lloyd is ridiculously above average compared to what's left in the cupboard. Bring Early Doucet in too.
    Pass on Doucet. He's a scrub. He was in the perfect situation in Arizona playing on a pass-happy team opposite Fitz and did nothing but JAG it up. Braylon Edwards played decent the last 3 games of the season I cannot understand why we still haven't signed him since he obviously was healthy and still showed chemistry with Sanchez. Even if you want to start Geno week 1 (which I do) who the hell is Geno supposed to throw to?

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have to add a friggin receiver. There's just no way around it we are paper thin at WR until Tone comes back from the plantar fascitis. As crazy as it sounds I would even take TO at this point at least he knows the WCO like the back of his hand and we could cut him once Tone comes back. Rather at least have a shot at being competitive early in the season than struggle to score 10 points per game with the Dolphins' rejects on our roster.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets have to add a friggin receiver. There's just no way around it we are paper thin at WR until Tone comes back from the plantar fascitis. As crazy as it sounds I would even take TO at this point at least he knows the WCO like the back of his hand and we could cut him once Tone comes back. Rather at least have a shot at being competitive early in the season than struggle to score 10 points per game with the Dolphins' rejects on our roster.
    What do you expect from Tone assuming he's back healthy starting say, Week 4?

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    What do you expect from Tone assuming he's back healthy starting say, Week 4?
    Not much really but without Tone this WR group is pathetic. Like I said as nuts as it sounds I would not hate it if the Jets signed TO. He already knows the playbook and would probably outplay every WR on our roster in TC and preseason.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Not much really but without Tone this WR group is pathetic. Like I said as nuts as it sounds I would not hate it if the Jets signed TO. He already knows the playbook and would probably outplay every WR on our roster in TC and preseason.
    He really is the Jets' best WR. Even with his ridiculous first-down drop act he does when his team is down by 3 touchdowns, he can catch and get YAC and score TDs. He's not in anyone's top 15, but he's at least able. Getting him healthy should be a priority for the Jets.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    He really is the Jets' best WR. Even with his ridiculous first-down drop act he does when his team is down by 3 touchdowns, he can catch and get YAC and score TDs. He's not in anyone's top 15, but he's at least able. Getting him healthy should be a priority for the Jets.
    As sad as it sounds Terrell Owens would actually be our best receiver by far if we signed him to a 1 year deal. He doesn't even need to learn the offense he already knows WCO he's been playing in it since 1996.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get a TO Baby!!! Timeout that is.

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    As sad as it sounds Terrell Owens would actually be our best receiver by far if we signed him to a 1 year deal. He doesn't even need to learn the offense he already knows WCO he's been playing in it since 1996.
    Well I'm at least giving some props to Santonio, I do think he gets hated on too much, he can produce... as for the rest with TO, that's up to everyone else to think about.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us