Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JETS sign QB Geno Smith

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Here's one right here.....
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I have seen a bunch of disappointed posters but nobody on the bust wagon quite yet. Perhaps they are there and I just missed them.

Just strike one at this point. No more than that but also no less than that either.

<edited to add>

This conversation somewhat mirrors the "Joe McKnight is a fumbler" conversation where in year-1 it was too early and in year-2 it was also too early but now after three years and his rate of putting the rock on the floor has not changed. At this point he is assumed by me to be a chronic and convicted fumbler of the ball who simply was not able to correct this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post

I just don't see how Hill can be good. He has no instincts, ball skills, can't catch, has no idea how to use his size. I mean, Tyrone Calico was a hell of an athlete too. Look at how that one turned out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    As I suspected, my response has already been taken down by PFT. God forbid logic gets in the way of any attempt to bash Geno, the Jets and Jay-Z.
    It was such a lazy attempt to try to perpetuate that Geno is some sort of risky personality and is not committed to winning.

IF Florio had done 30 seconds of research he would have found out that Kaepernick, Dalton and Osweiler ALL have similar contract structures and by the way were all drafted in the second round as well. What a shocker. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Jets being worried Smith will not want to attend off season work outs, but rather shows that the Jets believe Smith can be a long term solution and want to have protection against a potential hold out in year 4. Contracts can not be restructured until after year 3, so the Jets will have a decision after the 2015 season, but at least the current contract with the large work out and reporting bonus gives Smith some incentive to not hold out.

I think it's really kinda funny how the Jets are making these hacks look like the complete asswipe moron paraquat they are with these ridiculous made up non-stories.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Here's one right here.....
    Fair enough. I agree with you that it is premature to come to a final conclusion about Hill at this point but at least the man whose opinion we disagree with seems to have come to that conclusion based on watching him play and not from camp reports.

While I agree it seems premature he may also end up being 100% correct too. I still have high hopes for Hill.

Jets Insider VIP
    Florio Sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    More great detective work there Kimmy. He does be big and tall pretty well. He does jump really well, and does time those jumps to get the ball at it's high point. He does turn without losing speed very well. He blocks very well. He uses his body to shield defenders very well. He doesn't snatch the ball particularly well, but his hands are not as bad as you SOJFs say. 6 drops. Not 6 per game as you people would have us think. He doesn't run precise routes as of the last time I saw him, but he was much better than the beginning of the year, and that was completely understandable, and well known before the draft. That aspect really is teachable, and has a high probability of happening this year. He needs to learn to snatch the ball with his hands. He may not ever become great at it, but even if he's just okay he'll be a very good player. He has that much raw ability. If he learns to catch properly he has the potential to be an all time great. That's why he was worth the risk.
    No, he doesn't. How can he get the ball at its high point if he's not going up and snatching it with his hands, which you admit he doesn't do. That makes no sense. On most human beings, the hands are higher than the chest (when they're raised, of course).

Potential to be an all time great? Hilarious. Again, he's an athlete, not a WR. I've seen plenty of big, athletic guys fail at being a WR.

And I'm not a SOJF. Go read my posts. I was maybe the first guy on here ****ting on Kyle Wilson, but that's about it. Now I just ***** about Sanchez.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 07-23-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    More great detective work there Kimmy. He does be big and tall pretty well. He does jump really well, and does time those jumps to get the ball at it's high point. He does turn without losing speed very well. He blocks very well. He uses his body to shield defenders very well. He doesn't snatch the ball particularly well, but his hands are not as bad as you SOJFs say. 6 drops. Not 6 per game as you people would have us think. He doesn't run precise routes as of the last time I saw him, but he was much better than the beginning of the year, and that was completely understandable, and well known before the draft. That aspect really is teachable, and has a high probability of happening this year. He needs to learn to snatch the ball with his hands. He may not ever become great at it, but even if he's just okay he'll be a very good player. He has that much raw ability. If he learns to catch properly he has the potential to be an all time great. That's why he was worth the risk.
    What were you smoking when you wrote this?

This might be the worst player evaluation ever posted on this board.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    What were you smoking when you wrote this?

This might be the worst player evaluation ever posted on this board.
    You guys making conclusions on a rookie before the first season ends.... WOW. Give him at least til midpoint next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    You guys making conclusions on a rookie before the first season ends.... WOW. Give him at least til midpoint next season.
    That's fine. But that player evaluation was so off it isn't even funny.

And no, I don't think Hill will ever be a good WR. He may be able to stick as strictly a deep threat/fourth or fifth receiver.